It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do women's introduction threads go over SO much better than mens.....(rhetorical)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
i just find it to be quite amusing. Introductory threads started by women (or just a female avatar) get about 1000% more attention than men's / non gendered ones.

I remember several months ago, an introduction thread went right to the top of new topics page and stayed there for some time. The op said little more than "hello" and received tons of flags and hundreds of responses......just because there was a hot female avatar....(in real life was probably a fat sweaty guy)

Again, just quite amusing, and an interesting little social experiment as well!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
i bet u noticed mine today and saw the posters flagging it...my boyfriend said something about it too,telling me his only got 3 responses and 2 were autos from the mods...i dont know why they took to it the way they did

link   
When I was in Facebook I used to change my avatar to that of a hot young female. Every single time I did this within a few hours tens of dozens of friend requests would come in.

If I was flag and star happy here I would do the same. . . maybe it's time for an experiment!

link   
Same reason that women on x-box live get so many guys going crazy, they picture a hot women sitting in front of their computer in their parents basements, drinking mountain dew, and have a duel screen playing WOW, and cant control themselves

Peace, NRE.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Doesn't really depict this particular forum or the women in it, but...

edit on 22/4/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
like I always say...
T&A can take you a long way....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
i just find it to be quite amusing. Introductory threads started by women (or just a female avatar) get about 1000% more attention than men's / non gendered ones.

I remember several months ago, an introduction thread went right to the top of new topics page and stayed there for some time. The op said little more than "hello" and received tons of flags and hundreds of responses......just because there was a hot female avatar....(in real life was probably a fat sweaty guy)

Again, just quite amusing, and an interesting little social experiment as well!

Oh man ...I mean I can understand guys hoping for girls on this site but I would hope that it would not influence stars and flags unless the post demanded it due to relevance.

I would never hand out something free just based on sex!

Peace and Respect (SnF),

AS
edit on 22-4-2011 by AeonStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by danamae23

yeah, i posted my thread title in your thread......welcome by the way. You better have a big stick to beat off all these lonely boys

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AeonStorm

yeah, you would hope not....but unfortunately.....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by danamae23
i bet u noticed mine today and saw the posters flagging it...my boyfriend said something about it too,telling me his only got 3 responses and 2 were autos from the mods...i dont know why they took to it the way they did

i noticed yours today 16 flags last i looked

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

my boyfriend does...
...you guys might know him..gdaub...i know for a fact that audio does..i see audio going back in forth with him all the time...i wonder why?
edit on 22-4-2011 by danamae23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
Same reason that women on x-box live get so many guys going crazy, they picture a hot women sitting in front of their computer in their parents basements, drinking mountain dew, and have a duel screen playing WOW, and cant control themselves

Peace, NRE.

Are you sitting in the basement drinking ice cold mountain dew,next to your duel screen computer reading this
thats so hot

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NoRegretsEver

it was funny, a few years ago i was playing WOW, and started off with a male character...i had no idea about the game...a total noob. I then thought, if i'm going to be looking at this characters behind all day, it might as well be a cute chicks...so i started a night elf female character......i had more offers for help, parties, and even people giving me items for nothing in return..without even asking

There is an awful lot of power there

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Speaks for it self !! Women - Deparate Men... Hard up looser world we live in... What else

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by audio assasin

Hey !! Keep it clean
I would never admit to any of those things, I would be stalked for years!
.. Seriously

Peace, NRE.

new topics

top topics

join