It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you WANT there to be major catastrophes in 2012?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
I won't lie, it would be sweet justice to see the "16 year olds that cry to their parents that the golden aston martin they got was not their favorite color so they won't drive it" people have to deal with reality for once... but never in a million years would I ever want anything bad to happen to anyone like some apocalypse.

Hoping for some transition where people become less materialistic assholes and start loving planet earth.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sign00

I would rather struggle up a hill full of thorns with my children on my back than build a cannon to shoot them up there which may or may not kill them in the process.
There is no hoping that the s hits the fan on the off chance good will come out of it, thats a very Zeitgeist Venus Project mind mentality people seem to have.
It's unrealistic, we have to hope nothing bad happens EVER (not just some made up superstitious date) and that things get better, don't say things are getting worse because it depends what angle you look at it from, technology, science, medical breakthroughs, countries have gone from war torn disaster zones to rebuilding, Its not easy, thats life, but you can't beg for shortcuts and take a gamble, especially when its your own children based on superstitions and theoretical pessimistic outlooks you have for the future.

So of the two, keep going as we are, knowing things have a tendency to change back and forth, a struggle here and a breakthrough there, or gamble it all on one big war (who against?) and through the death and destruction there could be (very doubtful) a ray of sunshine at the end where we all live happily ever after.
I know which I prefer, the struggle because as I can't seem to express enough to make it obvious, my children are not chips on a roulette wheel thank you.
If you really think what your life needs is a huge catastrophic event to happen in the world with a doubtful utopian outcome then your life is already a disaster zone, I would suggest mentally is where the damage is done most.
Of course someone will argue another angle against mine but I will always maintain I would rather stay the course because even though things aren't peaky we are still doing fine and been a hell of a lot worse in the past going right through history than gamble my kids lives, mine to secure my kids future, yes, but there is no method of doing that with huge catastrophic events and it not be more likely to not only kill me but all out destroy everything and every living thing on this planet in the process, including my kids.

I feel I am just repeating myself now, so I hope my point is now clear.
Doubtful utopia emerging from utter chaos with risk of losing everything including entire families lives vs rough ride with potential hope for things getting better with a vastly better likelihood of safe future for my kids and their kids and so on, no contest, as much as you may not have faith in humanity I have smaller faith in peace from chaos.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Not really, but having to survive in that kind of world would be a amazing challenge I would gladly accept.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
You need an autumn for there to be a spring.

All is cyclical, from electron orbits round the atom to life cycles in nature to seasons and right up to solar systems and galaxies, possibly even universes.

Death of the old is as necessary part of the cycle as birth of the new.

In the bigger scope of things, I don't mind at all if catastrophe awaits us.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by showintail
reply to post by sign00

Thank you, and yes, I understand some may be offended. I will fight for my kids until my last breathe. But I dont control nor predict the future. You have it correct what I was trying to say. I am not so good with words.

I know 2 things in this life.
1. There is a "god"
2. I am not "god"

Was not trying to offend anyone or their children. If I had my way "tptb" would be the only to suffer

OK fair enough, you didn't choose your words correctly, I will leave my point as it is though as it applies to many people, not specifically you, If you mean you was given the opportunity to risk your own life no chaotic apocalyptic wars but to go Rambo style and given a backdoor key to what you knew was this theoretical group all gathered in one place where the outcome would definitely mean the world would be fixed because it was given to you as divine messages (I am an Agnostic Atheist) and we was shown by some Aliens in some time travel Dr Who style thing where you could see your sacrifice would mean a better world and secure the lives and future happiness for your kids and subsequent generations there after then yes I agree I would be right by your side loading my gun too.
Of course I would sacrifice my life if 100% guaranteed I knew it meant security for my kids and their kids and however many other generations too.
edit on 23-4-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by keepithush

Ahhh! You should be a friend
yes, basiclly, if the crap git it tomorrow, id be in this house, feeding my kids potted meat, praying to survive. If I knew it leads to better tomorrows, well, id be shootin6/fighting with my whole being. While we dont agree totally, I am happy there are others willing to fight for the "right" thing.

P.s., I have friends who are atheists, my father is one. I dont judge on that fact. They are great people imo
its all opinion in the end. And we all know opinions are like... You know, we all have one

And im 7th day adventist, so alot of "christians" dont agree with me

edit on 23-4-2011 by showintail because: Juscuz

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by showintail

Don't worry, I'm the real Atheist (albeit Agnostic Atheist) not the current trendy anti-Christians who hi-jacked the word Atheist as there own.
I view all religions as they appear to me and affect my life and the world around me, I treat people as people and their religious belief I treat like its a similar thing to someone's political beliefs, a general support of their party but each have varying degrees of support for different aspects within the party.
I will admit I am more against Islam because of its effect on my country and the general world around, I don't need anyone here saying I am influenced by television, I do not watch television, and have Muslim sisters thank you, I also grew up in highly populated Muslim areas, I said I am not as a fan of Islam due to its interference and trouble causing in my country, I never said I hated Muslims.

Anyway not to go off on a tangent, I will bid you farewell on this topic and glad we found an agreement but again it was only a theoretical situation we agreed on, for now, the world might be a rocky road but its better than risking it all with no guarantee it will be better off in the long run because it could just make things worse or just wipe us all out completely, Again, I will reiterate I would be side by side with you to fight evil to the death if the outcome was 100% guaranteed that we died but our offspring and future generations are safe.
Peace.
edit on 23-4-2011 by keepithush because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
It depends on whether or not we can change without it.

That something has got to change is given. Endless wars, financial scams, and other drains on human potential have got to go.

If they don't, it would be better to see them violently destroyed, than to see them continue to some even more catastrophic end.

Let's go Mr. Fulford!

This is what I want to see!

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by keepithush

Originally posted by AnteBellum
I have 2 kids but I still hope something happens. My take on it is, it is going to be some sort of war. I am ready to make the sacrifice of comfortable living so they can be guaranteed a better tomorrow. I'd rather it happen to them as youngsters then in there teens, kids there age find the best in everything. I am sufficiently ready to take all of us to the woods and build a transitional place to live for as long as it takes.

But if nothing happens that would be cool too!

As a father of two young girls you really make me sick.
How about we flip a coin, if its heads I shoot your kids in the face, if its tails I give them a million dollars each.
That is the exact same mentality of your 2012 salivating theoretical crap.
I question you as a human being let alone a father, if the 2012 nonsense did come to pass it would seem more likely that any huge war that would bring huge change would also have huge consequences and as much as you would love to gamble your childrens lives on the off chance it somehow brings your utopian future it is much more likely they would be killed, your little hut and survivalist tactics wont save you from nuclear destruction.
I don't care what the odds are, my childrens lives are not going on any roulette wheel, I would rather hope for some sort of middle ground than ... forget it, rant over, you enjoy your utopian dream and just picture your kids on that roulette wheel, you will never see logic because you have clearly lost your mind.

Who the F are you to tell me what to do? The fact that you don't know who I am or what my resources are is disturbing to the least. Including that I don't have two girls.
Whether or not something happens I will be ready and will make due with what I have. All of us will have little to no control over what is going to happen, if it happens, but I am ready.
And if you offered me two million to flip a coin and do that, I would first shoot you in the face after chosing a more painful location then rob you - idiot!
Clearly one of the dumbest people I have ever had the unfortunate pleasure to type to, on ATS.
Now I realy hope something happens and I see you on the other side, so I can stick you on your roulette wheel and live my utopian dream!
MORON!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sign00
reply to post by keepithush

I think showintail is trying to say that we must also think of grandchildren, great-grandchildren, great-great-grandchildren, etc. Is it not narrow-minded to forget about these also? Would you not want your great-grandchildren to grow up in a better world than this one?

This from you? You who promotes the creation of The Philosopher's Stone in your book which, by your own admission, will "destroy everything in the world"?

Please, leave these poor people in this thread alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join