It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for specific information about Tiahuanaco Temple

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Hello, just been reading about the tiahuanaco temple, and I remember reading that it was a astrological tool to countdown to 2012 or some other date. I might be wrong here, but do any of you know a documentry about this subject or a thread that discusses the temple being a countdown?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
I doubt that. The year 2012 is only known because it's the 13th baktun in the long count dating system, and the start of a new cycle. It's EXACTLY like our dating system when we go from December 31st, 1999 to January 1st, 2000. The Tiwanaku didn't use the long count system, so this is totally irrelevant.

Besides, 2012 is noted ONCE at ONE Mayan site. It wasn't a big deal. Much like King Tut was a forgotten king that didn't really do much to alter history, but now he's famous.

I don't get why disinformation lures people in so much.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's really unlikely that it has any relationship to 2012. The culture that built it lived before the Mayans and did not have writing. The Incas, who rose as a civilization after the people at Tiwanaku dispersed (the same drought that undid the Mayans, I think) DID have contact with them but they don't record any particular things they learned from these people.

They were an empire about the same time as the Mayan empire, but they were in competition with the Mayans.
en.wikipedia.org...

I don't know if they did much sophisticated star watching since they appear to have been illiterate (it requires writing to keep track of planets and positions for a long period so you can draw conclusions about what's going on in the sky.) If they couldn't read, a calendar would not be very useful.

The buildings for rituals have murals in them depicting what happened (sacrifices.)

Archaeology.org has an interactive "dig site" with interviews from students in the field school and lots of articles and pictures that you might enjoy: www.archaeology.org...

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Andennnnn

If you are interested in some background and a relatively short comprehensive on ...

Tiahuanaco: (Tiwanaku)

^ Link...

Enjoy

top topics

join