It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alien Genes in our Human DNA?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Researchers are claiming that they have found evidence of alien genes in our human DNA. Team members from the Human Genome Project claim that so called junk dna is actually genes from alien beings.

scienceray.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by chimaybliss

Nope, dont believe it, we have evolved to render some things useless that are within our body, i believe that this type of DNA is the same.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigBruddah

Nope, dont believe it, we have evolved to render some things useless that are within our body, i believe that this type of DNA is the same.
NINETY-SEVEN PERCENT???

Anyway, to say it's "alien DNA" is premature. "Alien" being the label used to describe something they just don't understand.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AdamsMurmur

Actually in the article they are talking about actual extra terrestrials.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Wasn't the OP's link just to a blog? That's what the site seemed like...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

it does sound a little bit farfetched. after all, how would that alien DNA get there in the first place? faulty genes such as inherited illnesses and things like colour blindness, any team memer of the Human Genome Project will be able to identify those easily. but come on, ALIEN DNA, in Humans?
i suppose if before Humans where intelligent, another form of intelligent alien that have ofcourse developed intergalactic space travel visited earth and probed a Homo Sapien(human) ancestor then maybe it may have manifested throught the evoulution of man. thats my therory if any of this proves to be fact.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I'm not "buying into" those claims either! If it were true, I feel certain that it would have been mentioned on one of the following websites as well.

Human Genome Project Information
National Human Genome Research Institute

I am fully aware these are "GOVERNMENT" websites, but I still consider them to be much more reputable than ScienceRay.com.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Two things are setting my BS meter off on this one:

1. You'd need a sample of "alien" DNA to actually confirm the similarity.

2. Even websites that advocate the hypothesis of alien origins for mankind can't confirm the existence of a "Dr. Sam Chang" working on the Human Genome Projects.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Not to mention the fact that the ‘ufologist’ Michael Salla has distanced himself from the article, clearly out of fear for his own reputation.

He hasn’t been able to find Sam Chang either. And neither have I.

Which is odd, when you come to think of it, because Sam is one of the commonest names in the English-speaking world (or used to be), while Chang is, hands down, the commonest surname on the planet.

I scent a conspiracy...

edit on 22/4/11 by Astyanax because: of a bad link.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
And if "there are no aliens" and we have "never been visited" what samples do they have to compare that to? Wild claim I think.. but maybe ET's in the closet and they're cross referencing his DNA?

I'll let you know if my index finger starts to glow.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I was suprised that the authors were actually talking about extraterrestrial life rather than the "alien" microbes that inhabit our bodies and make us not entirely human after all - but that's old news. I need to see the published, peer reviewed journal article before I'm even going to take this seriously.

What were the names of all who were involved in the project?
What exactly are their justifications? (I mean actual, credible, reasoning rather than a regurgitated theory of ancient aliens).

This seems a little dodgy. Interesting, of course, but I do have doubts regarding the credibility of these people, and their supposed results. If anyone can link me to a reliable journal article about this topic, it would be immensely appreciated.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Life comes from life does it not?
Have any meteorites ever been found to be contaminated with alien (not of this world) bacteria?
As for 97% of or DNA being junk DNA...the word junk implies that the 97% of our DNA is just that...junk...that's not the case, junk DNA refers to nonecoding DNA which do have known biological functions.
Perhaps our origins are alien to this planet...if that is the case then yes our DNA is alien DNA.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Let's see what happens when the peer-review process renders its verdict on these supposed findings. And until there's a better source on this I'll just pass it off as hearsay with undertones of the argument from authority. I'd like to see a proper press release from people within the human genome project.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

I was partly trained by people on the Human Genome Project in the UK, at the University of Manchester. The facts are that we (at least officially) have no known sample of ET-DNA to compare sequences from the human genome with. For that reason it is not possible to identify DNA sequences as 'alien'.

Unless the scientists involved in the research have some startling data not available to other molecular geneticists then this story is complete bunk.

Sorry mate - I wish this were true, however you'll have to do better than this.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by deepennytration
As for 97% of or DNA being junk DNA...the word junk implies that the 97% of our DNA is just that...junk...that's not the case, junk DNA refers to nonecoding DNA which do have known biological functions.

Partly true. Not all 'non-coding' has a known function.

There are sequences that are just remnants from viral infections (their sequences are similar to known DNA or RNA viruses), some look like they used to be functional genes but are now inactive, some sequences are involved in how mortal a cell is, some have structural roles but there is plenty that remains a complete mystery at this point.

There are plenty of mysteries to be uncovered yet....Great news if you are looking for targets for research.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by chimaybliss
Researchers are claiming that they have found evidence of alien genes in our human DNA. Team members from the Human Genome Project claim that so called junk dna is actually genes from alien beings.

There's junk in that blog article, but the junk IS the article.

For the record, I know one of the mathematicians who worked on the Human Genome Project (She's at UCLA) and we discussed a lot of the math and some of her findings. No one who worked on the project believes there's any manipulation of the genes by aliens (and the paleontology also confirms this -- things which are being force mutated don't show gradual changes but sudden changes as the breeding population gets selected and selectively bred.

A good example is the domestic dog, which has been force-evolved (by selective breeding) from wolf to domestic dog in a mere 15,000 years. en.wikipedia.org... ) If humans had known about the genetics of breeding, we could have gone from wild canids to domestic ones in less than a hundred yeaars -- and all that by just selective breeding... not genetic manipulation. en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Apr, 11 2013 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This is all well and good, except that I applied for a patent for this basic technique back in about 2001 (would have to pull out app to get exact date). It was shortly after the human genome was initially published. At any rate, the info became public domain as prior art. Anyway, the idea was to search for "canonical" formats in the inert portions of the genome, looking for an unnaturally-occurring pattern, using visualization algorithms.

For example, a square or spiral circle, with black-and-white rather than colors, are examples of “canonical formats” one might find _visual data_, or unnatural patterns. Imagine converting an inert region of Base-4 DNA into a spiral representation, and having an image that contains _lines_ and _symbols_ greet you. Clearly, such would be unnatural and instead of design. Such search efforts require supercomputing resources, for all the myriad of candidate patterns and formats.

This is indeed an excellent area for SETI research, as they have the computing resources, and I am happy that its profile as a concept has been raised.

Actually, let me give you a complete _published_ citation. See my book, "Scout Report Volume 1: The Rise of the Black Wolf." Specifically, look in "Chapter 3: Flying Machines." The entire section, "Circa 19035.644.52: The Search for Alien Life I," is about this concept, and mentions the prior patent application.

See: sombraviajera.wix.com/scoutreport for details on the book series, written under the pseudonym, "Samuel Rose."

new topics

top topics

join