It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BBC Radio: Loud explosion heard in Tripoli

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Cannot find anything on the web yet, but BBC Radio 5 Live is reporting a "very loud explosion" in Tripoli near Gaddafi's compound. The host said this information was coming from a BBC correspondant on the ground, so it seems likely to be accurate, for what it is worth so far.

All I can find so far is twitter.com... this guy saying there have been more planes flying low for longer than ever before, and sirens are going off, but as of 25 minutes ago he hadn't heard an explosion. Don't know where he is located exactly, but that post seems to be a bit earlier than the report.
edit on 22-4-2011 by sepermeru because: clumsy typist

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I know they started using the unmanned drones today for bombing. They have been bombing all along....so do mean this explosion was bigger than the "norm"?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Right, the report was that it was extremely loud, standing out from the bombing which has been ongoing. I haven't heard anything else yet.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What will the Obama Administration do if Ghadaffi starts pulling dead women and children from a bombed-out bunker?
Could be his chance for an anti-ally photo op.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
A no fly zone to protect the population = bombing runs to level a country. If fighting for peace actually made any sense they might be onto something. Good thing these people are not running the economy, oh wait they are. Now it all makes sense.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I dont think the hellfire missiles on the drones would make a louder sound than everything else we have been throwing. Unless the hellfire hit an ammo cache.....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The bunker buster and MOAB are a possibility....the MOAB is second only to a nuke. It's not nuclear, but to the people who hear and see it, they would think it was. If they were targeting "the colonel", it might be the bunker busters. That's what they did to Saddam's place.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
3 dead near Gaddafi's coumpound

It was posted 20 minutes ago. Must be what you were talking about, OP.

But it is still a very short news.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NowanKenubi

Ah, thank you very much. That looks like it, and confirms the confusion -- "very loud explosion" reported, but other correspondents only heard the "jets" (probably drones). So it likely was the NATO airstrikes after all. Since it says it was a car park, I wonder if the extra noise (if it was actually heard) came from gas tanks in vehicles igniting. I can't think of another reason to target a parking lot except for the fact that it comes with its own handy minibombs, anyway.
edit on 22-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

I'm glad I could assist you!

Yes, the car park would have been like a mini minefield... Maybe it was to give a show, either for MSM, or to impress Gaddafi and company.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
The CIA and the government are supporting there owned hired PMC Thugs and terrorists to get rid off gaddafi, why? simple gaddafi has switched sides what i mean he switched to more pro eastern then having an a pro Washington stance.

Why are rebels waving the kingdom of libya flags? didn't you know that kingdom of libya had a pro Washington stance, yet Libyans people lived for the worst, i have to ask this question to the thread op do the Libyans want go back into the past?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Perhaps thats a question to ask the Libyans...

top topics

join