It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan declares war on Freedom of Information...calling for World Wide Censorship in Fukushima Info.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I think the reason for wanting to black out news now is because they still haven't made the declaration of the millennium - that they had 3 reactors explode their contents into the world.

Chernobyl is nothing on this, and they won't admit it.

As it is, the only thing at Fukushima now are robots - even nuclear plant crews are not there.

There were reports a few weeks ago about radiation being detected in the UK, but all that went quiet. There are no reports on radiation, anywhere.

Anyone know what radiation is being measured in the Pacific region?
edit on 23-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mirageofdeceit

Yes, Green Peace is in route to Fukushima to test waters...

Rainbow Warrior to conduct marine radiation monitoring off Fukushima
by Greg McNevin - April 21, 2011

With two field trips into the area surrounding the stricken Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant now completed, our flagship the Rainbow Warrior has raised its anchor and set said for Japan to undertake a third, focusing on the threatened marine ecosystem off Japan’s eastern coast.

It has now been more than five weeks since Japan was hit with a trio of disasters, Greenpeace has had radiation monitoring teams in the field, testing food, soil samples outside the 20km (and now 30km) evacuation zone around the Fukushima plant.

However, with radioactive water continually leaking from the plant and TEPCO releasing huge quantities of contaminated water into the ocean, it is time to extend our testing activities to include the marine environment threatened by radioactive contamination.

The Rainbow Warrior set sail from Taiwan today, packed with scientific equipment and an experienced radiation monitoring team, ready to conduct contamination testing of the Fukushima marine ecosystem.

The extent of contamination from the plant is a major concern, so our aim is to get clear, independent information about the scope of this disaster out to the people of Japan and the international community.

www.greenpeace.org...

Des

ETA: Wonder if Japan is going to attempt to declare ownership of the Pacific Ocean, to stop GP from testing the waters.

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

edit on 03/28/2011 by Destinyone because: addition of content

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

Thanks for the support DWW, I was quite confused about it as well since I think my post was relevant, however I do have great respect for the mods who have a very difficult task keeping on top of that thread.

Letter to mods:

I really don't see why my post was removed. I was replying to Des's post about the youTube video in which the man was discussing censorship. My post responded to that idea of censorship and the fact that censorship is being used as a way to silence the debate. It could be a kind of nuclear war and I welcomed folks to the new era of nuclear war. My reply was directly relevant to the topic she posted. I quoted Shakespeare at the end, was that the reason? However there is a reply to my post by Pilot that you did not remove that consists entirely of a quote by Yeats and does not in any way mention censorship or nuke power.

I'm a bit confused why you allowed Destiny's post and Pilot's reply but not mine. Perhaps you could elaborate on this for me so I can avoid making this mistake in the future?

Respectfully,

Wertwog

There is a certain irony that my post about censorship was censored, lol, however I'm willing to see this as an honest 1) mistake 2) different interpretation of the focus of the monster thread. Either way its done and I think I can move on from it

Back on track, I think I posted this way way back in the monster thread that you should expect that ATS is being monitored. Homeland Security does have the power to shut down or censor ISP's if it is deemed to be in the national interest. Censoring information at the source is the most effective since, and JapGov/Tepco are doing a really good job at employing this tactic. I was quite happy to see that independent organizations such as Greenpeace are attempting to gather their own data.

We've seen in other countries that service providers can be intimidated and shut down. China is a famous example, although many thought it couldn't happen in Egypt either, and did. Although we think that the internet is open and free and untouchable, it isn't. The US Gov and governments around the world are quite focused on getting control of the internet and mobile, I'm thinking of the "kill switch bill" that is surely to return. There is a lot at stake and it is almost antithetical to most governments to not want to exert some legislative power over such powerful communications channels. Whether or not they will succeed remains to be seen, however, ISP's have shown a very weak-kneed response. Under current legislation they can be forced to reveal IP's and other data the government deems relevant under the Patriot Act, and regularly use tools like Carnivore for monitoring...ISP monitoring. Google appears to want to re-engage China (Google wants to return to China) and this story was another lesson about open warfare with a national government and internet giant.

How Egypt shut down the internet
Egyptian internet shut down has wide implications

US Censorship bill

This doesn't even begin to address issues of the internet being shut down by hostile agents of competing governments (cyber war), requests by foreign governments, or even hackers (internet mercs) out for data piracy for profit and fun.

Korean hackers shut down banks for 3 days, steal millions of bank account records

ATS is definitely being monitored for keywords by homeland and I'm sure many threads here will receive extra attention (including this one). I would save images and links that you would like to save just to 'error on the side of caution'.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Wertwog because: another snippet added

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
ok, i'll deduce that

a) at least one core is open to the air and

b) they have no idea how to deal with it.

if they keep trying to hide their freshly chernobyled reactor chances are the thing will find ways to remind everyone that it's still there. the people in charge don't seem to understand that their personal feelings are as irrelevant as they can get.

still only a couple of people (the same??) on site, no spreading of dosage (only work a couple of hours, then let fresh volunteers continue pay them well and they will come), no corrective measures only bandaids - let's spray a little water here and watch it come out contaminated there - but re-use is out of the question, so they just keep pumping it into the sea... for how long? years? the people in charge need a shot redemption, they really seem to be that clueless. one has to wonder how they even manage to put their clothes on or visit the restroom without accidentially drowning in the toilet.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Never in a million years did I think I would be cheering on Green Peace. Question to the board, is Green Peace a trustworthy organization or are they compromised?
edit on 4/23/2011 by Finalized because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

My experience. Just after the French sunk the original 'Rainbow Warrior' The wife and I decided to make a standing order of £5 per month to support their actions.

We were then snowed under with glossy mags and flyers asking for more money. We decided that the waste of paper must be costing more than we were giving and so stopped our subscription which lead to even more junk mail and the feeling we had been put on the 'gulible list'.

My view is the activists cannot be faulted for their commitment. The organisers that supply the money they need are just more business men trying to increase revenue.

In defence I am a union activist (where I believe I can make a difference) and its the same here so it seems you cant have one without the other.

Hope that helps.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Good Morning Friends. I'm bring to this thread a few dated news articles, to show the pattern of lies by Japan/TEPCO, has been carefully orchestrated from the beginning of this crisis. Just so you know, the status of Reactor #4. is still to this day, the biggest secret they are keeping.

Sunday, 20 March 2011
Total information blackout on Fukushima Unit 4 reactor raises serious questions about truth of situation

The status of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant's Unit 4 reactor is one of the most critical aspects in determining the severity of the impending nuclear meltdown. After all, the most recent temperature readings available showed that the rods there were three times hotter than they should be, which was far worse than the other reactors at the time. And yet for several days, basic information like whether or not there is actually water left in Unit 4's cooling pool, or what the current temperature is of the spent fuel rods there, is no longer being supplied and reported, at least not accurately.

More excerpts from whole article...

On Thursday, NaturalNews reported that the US Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) had announced the cooling pools in Unit 4 had run dry, and that the temperatures were spiking out of control (www.naturalnews.com...). As NRC made this announcement, though, Japanese officials and spokesmen from Tokyo Electric Power Co. (TEPCO), owner of the Fukushima plant, insisted that the pools were not dry and that the situation was stable.

Besides this conflicting and confusing information, there is the other disturbing fact that on-the-ground temperature readings of Unit 4 immediately stopped being taken the day of the NRC announcement. And since that day, there has been no official update on the temperature of the rods at Unit 4, or an actual verified account of the water status in the cooling pools.

A recent report explains that the Japanese government deceived and withheld pertinent information from the mayor of a city 12 miles downwind of the nuclear plant -- the mayor literally had to take matters into his own hands and bravely urge an evacuation of his city just last night for the people's own protection -- and he did this in direct opposition to the official government position (www.naturalnews.com...).

And now...our worst fears back then...are happening today. On a global level...in the name of greed and power.

And you can be sure that if the situation gets worse for the US, the US government will likely take a similar position and continue to insist that there is nothing to be concerned about. This is why individuals must think for themselves -- rather than let the government think for them -- and be prepared for whatever may come. Remember, preparedness has nothing to do with fear-mongering, and everything to do with simply being smart and staying informed about a situation. Taking practical steps to protect you and your family from potential threats is the only natural response to a situation of this magnitude.

Read more: www.setyoufreenews.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Finalized

Greenpeace is biased on the anti-nuke side, obviously, but probably more trustworthy than JapGov/Tepco who are trying to protect their investment, plus the enormous nuke establishment who has a vested interest in downplaying this accident. If GP starts coming up with radically different numbers than Tepco they will have to have some pretty solid science, but providing they have that I think we could consider them at least if not more trustworthy. Right now the only info on the ocean readings is coming from one source, imo the more the better, if only as a check to keep Tepco from totally fudging the data.

The other issue is will GP be accused of spreading "rumors" and many will dismiss their data altogether because it is GP who plenty of folks have a hate-on for. Question is who would you rather believe? JapGov/Tepco/Nuke industry/IAEA or GP?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
One reason the U.S. is going along with the cover up by Japan....eye opener for some I expect. If the first 2 minutes doesn't grab you...well, nothing will.

CNN - USA Major Nuclear Waste Issue.

www.youtube.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
Here is the MIC, ministry of communication , Government of Japan's new censorship directive letter in original form Japanese: www.soumu.go.jp...

How many e-mails have you received on your keitai claiming thousands of radiation deaths across the country... which you can avoid if you buy their special anti-radiation potion for 30man? That's one of the things that this is trying to stamp out.

Since the earthquake, there have been a lot of dangerous rumours being spread. Gangs of foreigners / Yakuza robbing / looting / raping was one pattern. I faced questions about this myself when I assisted in cleanup.

Accusations of hoarding was another - those tended to be directed towards other towns and shelters. A third major one concerned radiation medication scams. And then we've got the terrorism angle (that Fukushima or the quake itself were caused by terrorists).

These rumours tend to be spread via anonymous blog/web posting, cellphone web, or text message. And because they're designed to cause harm, the ministry has issued the release above asking local providers to deal with such content in the same way ATS does.

You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

ATS T&C, article 15. Here on ATS, knowingly false information gets you a red flag and post removal. Is this censorship? Tricky, that.

The request is no more than a request for moderation. And until you can provide me with evidence - eg. a youtube link that you can see, but I can't; I'll see no reason to get worked up about this.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442
+Minor snippage+
These rumours tend to be spread via anonymous blog/web posting, cellphone web, or text message. And because they're designed to cause harm, the ministry has issued the release above asking local providers to deal with such content in the same way ATS does.

You will not Post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

ATS T&C, article 15. Here on ATS, knowingly false information gets you a red flag and post removal. Is this censorship? Tricky, that.

The request is no more than a request for moderation. And until you can provide me with evidence - eg. a youtube link that you can see, but I can't; I'll see no reason to get worked up about this.

Sorry, I forgot that some ATS members, living in Japan, have had their youtoob access restricted by the Government of Japan, since the crisis began. The video I posted was a CCN (news) segment on the problems of spent fuel storage, here in the U.S..

Since you have been restricted from viewing certain content on youtoob, I found the article, so you may read it.

Japan crisis raises questions about U.S. spent nuclear fuel
By David Fitzpatrick and Drew Griffin, CNN Special Investigations Unit

Washington (CNN) -- If you're one of the millions of Americans who get even a portion of your electric power from a nuclear generating plant, for more than three decades you've been paying a tax, whether you realize it or not, to fund the storage of nuclear waste from that plant in a safe place.

Collected at an estimated $750 million a year, the Nuclear Energy Institute now says this so-called "nuclear waste fund" amounts to close to $30 billion. And it is not being used to pay for the storage of a single ounce of spent nuclear fuel.

"The government has made much more of a mess than it should have been," Jay Silberg, a Washington lawyer, told CNN. (con't at edition.cnn.com...

Des

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone

Originally posted by vox2442 And until you can provide me with evidence - eg. a youtube link that you can see, but I can't; I'll see no reason to get worked up about this.

Sorry, I forgot that some ATS members, living in Japan, have had their youtoob access restricted by the Government of Japan, since the crisis began. The video I posted was a CCN (news) segment on the problems of spent fuel storage, here in the U.S..

Since you have been restricted from viewing certain content on youtoob, I found the article, so you may read it.

er... what?

Are you talking about the youtube video posted by doc333333 that begins with a shot of what looks like a dodge caravan driving away from the camera down a tree lined street, accompanied y the voice-over " if you live in a place where you get even *some* of your electricity from nuclear power, for more than 30 years...."?

I can see it just fine.

What's it going to take to convince people that youtube isn't being blocked in Japan?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by vox2442

Vox, Sorry, I was discussing another vid, not the one you referred to.
And, Thank You for setting me right on the youtoob access in Japan issue. I appreciate hearing it from you, on the ground there.

Des

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join