It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horde of teens attack, rob MARTA passengers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
organized anarchists possibly...who knows what they're plannin

Well your anarchists must be different to most, since i've never heard of anarchists robbing and hurting innocents.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

being canadian i've had to learn martial arts for my own defense. so I can't speak for the americans who have such easy access to guns.

Maybe that is how those two individuals intervened. Maybe they were cool headed enough to know that the situation had not escalated enough for some one to get shot. Who knows. Things like this could certainly get you shot in America.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by yourmaker

I also study martial arts, mainly Aikido. I still prefer armed combat to unarmed combat any day of the week.

i've had time with guns, and I would like to own one but it's just not going to happen for me so i compensate. a lot of people are probably in the same disposition.heres hoping they learn something. if there is someone with a weapon, i'd gladly stand aside for them to take aim. but if mr. gunowner is still on his way and they're coming right for you, don't hesitate to punch them straight in windpipe
btw aikido is brilliant

also people you should learn to free run!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skewed

Originally posted by yourmaker

being canadian i've had to learn martial arts for my own defense. so I can't speak for the americans who have such easy access to guns.

Maybe that is how those two individuals intervened. Maybe they were cool headed enough to know that the situation had not escalated enough for some one to get shot. Who knows. Things like this could certainly get you shot in America.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

agreed, you need to know when the time is appropriate for action. most of this is basic situational awareness.
know your surroundings, don't get put into a situation you are uncomfortable with. control your environment

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Jeet Kune Do is great, Bruce Lee was no less than awesome. I am a little old to start free running, that is a young man's sport.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

I also study martial arts, mainly Aikido. I still prefer armed combat to unarmed combat any day of the week.

I myself am partial to Sa-Gi-Do. Who needs weapons when most combo's end in death blows..

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Well I was right... the incident on the marta was the "Bank First" implying the "Play Later"... news just reported that they ended up at the Icon Lounge, where things got out of hand....

Someone was dancing on a glass table, it eventually broke, and rival gang members started picking up pieces and throwing it at eachother...

Evidently that was the "Play Later"...

Perhaps they should reconsider the name "Mug First, Be Douchebags Later"

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join