It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horde of teens attack, rob MARTA passengers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Horde of teens attack, rob MARTA passengers

www.ajc.com

Their "Clockwork Orange" style blitz was over soon after it began. The teens boarded the train, headed to Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport, at the Garnett station a little after midnight seemingly intent on instilling fear. They succeeded.

“There was blood everywhere, people were hollering and screaming,” a witness told Channel 2 Action News. “We were intimidated. People were terrified. People were trying to run. But there was nowhere to run.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Wow... I can't imagine what it must have been like on that subway car...

The article goes on to give some indication of what was behind it...

Witnesses said they heard the youths chant "BFPL," a familiar acronym to Atlanta police.

"The Atlanta Police Department is familiar with the ‘BFPL,' a local gang made up of young people high-school aged and into their early 20s," said APD spokesman Carlos Campos, adding the initials stand for "Bank First, Play Later."

This presumably means they were "banking" first to acquire the funds for something, and then going to "play later"...

The organization of this is interesting because they were confident, and it also appears that the marta doors wouldn't open at the next stop so perhaps there was even more collusion afoot...

My question is, how long before larger groups of people organize in this same manner, whether violent or simply forceful... And what separates this from terrorism? Isn't it the same thing ultimately?

www.ajc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
ok wtf is MARTA

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
organized anarchists possibly...who knows what they're plannin

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Nobody on the subway had a gun? What are Atlanta's gun laws like? I already won't take mass transit, this just adds one more reason not to do so.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
ok wtf is MARTA
I will hazard a guess, but it is just a guess.

Metropolitan Atlanta Regional Transit Authority?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by donkeystyle

Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority,,,local trains

Thats horrible,,Im in ATL,,,whats worse is that i get my "breaking" news from HERE,,,going to watch the news

EDIT: some one beat me too it,,,sorry i type too slow
edit on 22-4-2011 by consigliere because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by donkeystyle
ok wtf is MARTA

Your google-fu needs some work my Padawan learner.
www.itsmarta.com...
MARTA = Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority

It sure would be fun to be a vigilante and get a group of people on a train as decoys and seriously beat the heck out of these little punks the next time they start chanting their stupid little gang chant.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
you all need to learn jeet kune do to defend yourselves in a situation like that if no one has a weapon.

en.wikipedia.org...

better then getting seriously injured or killed. there are tactics for defense/attack against multiple attackers
practice makes perfect, don't become a victim

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
you all need to learn jeet kune do to defend yourselves in a situation like that if no one has a weapon.

en.wikipedia.org...

better then getting seriously injured or killed. there are tactics for defense/attack against multiple attackers
LOL. Just shoot them. It's a lot easier than trying to fight off a gang with martial arts. Especially inside a subway car.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Damn thats crazy im suprised theres no youtube vids up. Surely a couple of these young gang bangers are tech savvy.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Well, here is what I say about their B F P L

B =beat their asses F =first, P =pray I don't see their Asses L =later

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Last time I checked most anarchists robbed banks and fought with polce, not innocent travellers.....

The situation those people were in must have been horrifying, it's not like guns would have helped for self defence either in an enclosed space with innocent people all around.
I just hope there was some kind of cctv at the station and the cowards who attacked these innocent people are brought to justice.
edit on 22-4-2011 by lifeissacred because: I can't spell

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Yes, But it's a lot funnier watching them crawl away all beat to hell.
Shooting is to easy, it's a cowards way of combat IMHO.
Hand-to-hand is REAL combat.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Yes, just shoot them. Or not. Reality you may shoot one (then go to jail or something) then the horde will detain you take the gun off you and shoot you. Or maybe the goodies will think you're a baddie and just shot an innocent then pull their guns out and shoot you yeah something along those lines.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
News says 20-25 teen attackers boarded the train, only 2 passengers hurt. What were all the others doing, both teens and passengers, just hanging out? Really strange story.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I will take a wild guess here, black teens by any chance?
Don't even need to read any more than the title.

inb4 mods and their political correctness gone mad to hide what is blatantly a simple conclusion I have come to realise after much experience of being without my head between my buttocks.
Maybe you should consider if I am RIGHT before you censor me first.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

Originally posted by yourmaker

en.wikipedia.org...

LOL. Just shoot them. It's a lot easier than trying to fight off a gang with martial arts. Especially inside a subway car.

depends how you look at it. to me, that would be a gift from god, which I don't believe in.
here you go, clean up this mess and don't miss a spot, as I know martial arts, not just keet kune do, and haven't any relativlely easy access to weaponry, I would use my knowledge to utterly destroy them, thus reducing their capability of doing such acts to others and ending the threat. but that's just me, and of course doing so is at one's risk, i'm merely pointing out that it's possible in that situation to put an end to the threat immediately and swiftly using nothing but your fists and precision timing. it is the stuff of hollywood, to the uneducated. there are moments when they are completely vulnerable to your attack in more then 1 area. you just need to train your mind to use your fear against them.

being canadian i've had to learn martial arts for my own defense. so I can't speak for the americans who have such easy access to guns.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I also study martial arts, mainly Aikido. I still prefer armed combat to unarmed combat any day of the week.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join