It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I know that YOU have consciousness?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Just be yourself, the more you follow your heart and what your heart is resonating with, the more you will begin to see and uncover. Its like dusting off an old book and open those pages again and start reading. The more you do, the more you become your true self. It takes time and practice, again time and again time. Once you reach that pinnacle of your creation, of your life existance and your life will then take on a whole new meaning, then that is when your life will start, and you keep going, it seems to unfold a whole new set of rules as you keep going farther and deeper. It is never ending. Go with love. And don't look back. Leave your past behind where it belongs.

For those who have lost all, in reality have nothing, but only wish to give love, and to give all, is an expression of the most pure divine love in this world. They have gained everything and lost nothing, and no one ever will be truly lost. When you can see yourself and others for who you are, then you are ready to leave reality behind.

We are streams of energy being projected into being into reality. The only thing negativity and darkness truly does is trap your mind, blindfolds your true eyes to see, and keeps you from being free. Really we are all beings of pure light, to see yourself in truth you would dissapear physically if you saw the light becuase it would shine through you. Your body is just an expression of that thought. To not see is just like denying your existance. If all of that is understood, you could then change your appearance willingly, not just the thoughts of others upon you, but physically. Realise there is no physical, that is an illusion. Not anymore. Everything we do to ourselves.

Its time to stop thinking, this will only block you, instead you use your mind to create thoughts you want. Dont just clear your mind, instead create thoughts with your mind and clear it at the same time. Replace your heart with your mind and think with your heart it will give you all nesessary information for the time, be ready prepare for it. Clear your heart by affirming love love love. Do everything nessasary to create an environment where fear cannot exist. This can take time. Face your fear, in the end use it as a tool for learning like everything eles. Do what works, everyone has a different and unique perspective than others have, this is what makes you so special. We are all a part of the divine one, a cog spinning in this. Each bringing in something new and different.
Without one we lose something along the way, you see this is a giant puzzle were trying to put together, together. Clearer the image of ourselves. Until all is One again, and no part is lost, all is part of the divine plan weather we understand it or not, we will all eventually return. Infact we are returning now.

Once you know the truth, no matter how much darkness tries to cover you up, your eyes can still see through and cut through all the lies. The only truth is that there is no physical, all is energy manifestation of iteslf through expansion, that is pure light. You are the darkness that you created. I see the ground and it looks like a million candles are illuminating the ground, the sun is shining through my chest. When you realise that all the time, nothing has ever changed, you are allways complete spirit and pure light, and will recognize the same as you are, you are free and cannot be stopped. There is absolutely nothing to fear. Becuase you realise everything is you. Nothing could ever change that, this was a game about that, realising, no matter what, through everything who you are. To stand up and say I am, that is me. Hi, its nice to meet you again. With love, your friend and mentor, you are the one who taught me everything I know.

I can stand up and say without being a coward and hiding in these shadows of your mind. If I am all of my own darkness, then I will bring all of my own darkness in and the light will return out whence it came. So I may contain myself instead of spilling out, thats to learn how to know myself and how to control myself. I would rather give whats inside me and take what was mine to begin with and bring it back inside if that means we all get to go home. Soon.

To master your own darkness is key. Once you do that, you leave, and you never have to come back. Thats what we are all doing. Alot of ETs who are coming have done just that. Control your own darkness. You relaise you are pure light, and darkness was just an illusion like physical reality, it fades away. Even when it still sourrounds you after you notice it, it becomes more like an annoyance then you relaise how it can be used for your own potential later. But at the same time its your choice allways how you use it, which will determine where you belong according to your spiritual plan and progress. Use all energies dont be restrictive all is you and yours to command. Have fun, this was suppose to be fun. What you give out is what you recieve. Accept your fate as it comes, you will allways go where it most suits you. So relax a little or maybe alot and let it go, no worries. Everything will all work out in the end. You will see.

It seems like I know more but that is just not true, I trust myself, I let go of my own fears and doubts, strongly push all of that out of my mind and come to a conclusion of what im trying to convey, and I know that ive shared with you a part of myself that, you helped me create for you, out of your desire. Why, becuase I'm all I've got, and if I don't trust me, then I don't trust my own existance, I would not be in control and someone eles would be. And I know one thing, I do not trust anyone eles to create my own existance when I could make that choice myself. Good night. I love you. Don't overthink it. Its best to stop thinking.
edit on 24-4-2011 by DarkCyrus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

Asking if you or I "Have" consciousness is like asking if the Ocean has water.

The ocean "IS" water and we "ARE" consciousness! we don't "HAVE" it.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by yic17

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
My response to that. Ultimately there is only one consciousness. You are not conscious and I am not conscious. But WE are. We are all one.

Yes, I have heard that before. But how can I know that we are ONE?

Because WE implies separation. And I do feel pretty separated from you right now

Why does consciousness make it so that many people don't know that they are connected?

We does imply separation, but I must speak in terms and words that are understandable.... Sometimes when taking about such a complex idea, words can actually hinder the discussion in some ways.Words can be limiting actually. This is one of those times.

Let me tell you what I believe. Or should I say let me tell myself what I believe? See? That would just sound crazy if I said that.

Have you ever heard of the books Conversations With God? Do not freak, it is NOT a religious book at at all. In fact, the words in that series of books would be considered highly blasphemes to the majority of religions.... You should check them out if you have not.... It goes into detail about this very subject and what is said, feels right to me.

In a sense I believe that every thing in the universe is one in the same. Think of a brick wall. Stand very close and you will see tons of separate bricks. Take a step back and you see that these bricks are connected by a certain bond, making one big wall.

I think that is how it is with everything in the universe... That we are all just individual parts of a greater whole, so to speak. The concept is very complex.... The idea that separation is nothing more than an illusion of the physical... Something I admit I do not fully understand... It is just what I believe... I cannot prove it.

But as to how I came to this belief. I will tell you that I do not believe in any religion. I do believe in an after life though. I think, and listen to my heart, and if something does not feel right in my heart of hearts,or just does not make since, well like you, I am not inclined to believe it... Same goes for things that I do believe. If it feels right to me in my heart and makes sense in my head... Well, I am more inclined to believe it.

I do have a personal set of beliefs and I cannot say that what I believe, is right and I would never dare force my beliefs on another, I would only suggest that you look into yourself, trust your heart and your feelings. Believe what feels right to you and respect that and honor it. What ever they may be.

How can you know? Well, my answer is that I do not know... I feel it in my heart to be true. It is right to me, and if some how I am wrong, and we are truly separate from God and each other, then so be it. To be honest, If there is a God that could send me to a place to burn in eternal misery, just because I believed differently than him, I would not want to hang out with such a creep anyway

edit on 24-4-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I just realized the whole issue is much more complicated than I first thought ...

I realized that there are many more components and possibilities ...

the conscious mind, the brain, the subconscious mind, the super conscious mind/God, the soul consciousness ...

with only the conscious mind, it is impossible for me to understand anything beyond.

I came up with multiple possibilities of how all of them could work together ...
and so far, the three most possible I can think of are:

1. the brain > god consciousness > subconscious > conscious
2. god consciousness/subconscious/soul > the brain > conscious
3. god consciousness/subconscious > soul > the brain > conscious

with #1, everything exists inside my brain. once it dies - everything cease to exist. but what created the brain? perhaps it is God.

#2 and 3 are more like different variations of each other. one with soul and the other doesn't (assuming soul and God are one and the same). one assumes that once we die - we go back to the source (God consciousness). the other assumes that we go back to the infinite never dying soul but it's still not God that governs all.

either way, all of them are connected. no matter 1, 2, or 3 - in the end there is only one.

anyways, that's what I came up with so far ... perhaps more thinking and knowledge will further my understanding of reality and consciousness ...

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

Have you asked your self this question; Are You in charge of You, or is Your brain in charge of You.

Does Your brain tell you what to do, or do You tell your brain what to do?

Your brain process thoughts, dreams, images and ideas. What choices do you make?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

There is no one - no one at all.
No one in charge of any 'thing'.
There are no 'things'.
No brain, no me , no other.
No freewill, just free fall.

Does a wave control itself?
Or is it controlled by the sea.
The wave may think it is in control, but is it?

We are no more than waves waving.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by spy66

There is no one - no one at all.
No one in charge of any 'thing'.
There are no 'things'.
No brain, no me , no other.
No freewill, just free fall.

Does a wave control itself?
Or is it controlled by the sea.
The wave may think it is in control, but is it?

We are no more than waves waving.

That is funny, because i make a lot of choices every day. And i also control a lot of thing besides my body every day. Like when i drive my car. God help us if driving a car was no more then waves waving.

You just made a choice to reply to my replay. Was that just a random wave from you?

I probably don't understand what you mean. But i have control over "me" i know that for a fact.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by yic17

Have you asked your self this question; Are You in charge of You, or is Your brain in charge of You.

Does Your brain tell you what to do, or do You tell your brain what to do?

Your brain process thoughts, dreams, images and ideas. What choices do you make?

Well, I can't tell for sure that's why I made 2 conclusions. That either everything is the creation of my brain - which includes subconscious and god conscious that is beyond my conscious awareness and understanding. While the other option is that I (either the soul or god consciousness) am above the brain (assuming it only consists of the conscious mind awareness and knowledge).

I came to these conclusions because I realized the differences between conscious mind, subconscious mind, soul, and god consciousness. It is possible that subconscious, soul, and god consciousness are one and the same. But since it is beyond my conscious mind's ability to understand - I made assumptions that they could be different or the same. However, it is also possible that they're all just creation of my brain.

You said you are in control. But are you really? Who is the one that is processing your body functions? It is your subconscious mind - one that you are unaware of and not in control of. But is it also part of you? And then there is the observer beyond the controller. Are you in control of the observer or is the observer in control of you? I know most people don't realize there is an observer beyond the conscious mind - but if you stop for a second and be aware ... you will notice it. It is beyond my control. I cannot turn on or off this observer - it is always there.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I think therefore I am.. I think

but it makes you wonder.. perhaps we all live in our seperate worlds created by ourselves as the world that would suit us best..

edit on 25/4/2011 by believer74 because: needed too

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

'But i have control over "me" i know that for a fact.'

Who is this 'I' that has control of this separate 'me'?
If there are two of you, which one do you trust most?

The reply happened, just like everything else does, no one did it.
One ocean waving.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by believer74

You are the sole inhabitant of your own universe, the only real presence.
Is it only thought that makes us real?
I think therefore i am.
If there was no thought maybe there would be nothing.
I think he should have said:
I experience therefore i am.
However in deep sleep there is not even experience.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Trying to stick with your context, i see that the subconscious is a product of the brain as well as the mind/thought processes (sometimes mistaken for "consciousness" in totality). Obviously everything i say is just my perspective and opinion.

"God consciousness" would encompass all these things, and all things in general. The spirit ("soul" is sometimes used by some to refer to the mind specifically, sometimes it can hinder communication) exists separate of all this but interacts with this material universe as an electromagnetic system. That system is linked to the physical mind and body through the subtle magnetic pools that are resultant of the small chemical/electrical impulses of our body (some refer to them as chakras).

Because of this perspective, i do not see the mind and its thought processes existing beyond death, as it is a product of the system of the brain. However, the spirit does. i feel it is a conscious balance between the two in our perspective, the observer and the action. They happen simultaneously, but we tend to get caught up in one or the other. i view it as the spirit being the observer, and the body (and its resultant systems) as the action. Many people do not know either one very well.. i think the "observer" tends to slowly move itself away from residing solely in the mind and its thought processes as more systems (like the lungs and breathing) are integrated into ones conscious, mindful perspective.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
You are the sole inhabitant of your own universe, the only real presence.
Is it only thought that makes us real?
I think therefore i am.
If there was no thought maybe there would be nothing.
I think he should have said:
I experience therefore i am.
However in deep sleep there is not even experience.

I thought about this yesterday for a whole day ...
and here's one of the possibilities I came up with ...

- God Consciousness - The constant observer, the one that is always conscious and existing. I exist therefore I am.

- Subconscious - The one that connects all beings. The one that creates dreams and processes your body and everyone else's bodies without you being aware. I conclude that subconscious is beyond your brain and conscious mind because of precognitive dreams (which affect other people's realities) and the stories of spontaneous learning between animals from different islands. It is possible that subconscious mind is the same as God Consciousness. But I cannot know because my conscious mind is limited in knowledge. However, I know that this is beyond my conscious mind because even without me being aware of it - it exists to process my body and create dreams without my conscious effort.

- Soul - The undying part of you. The constant observer. It is always conscious no matter if you are aware of it or not. It is possible it is the same as Subconscious and God Consciousness because all I know is that it is beyond the conscious mind. But I label this Soul because I imagine it's possible that this constant observer is not God. However, it is possible that beyond the brain conscious mind - there is only God. Same as above - I do not need to be aware of it for it to exist therefore it is beyond the conscious mind.

- Conscious Mind (The Brain) - The one that is aware who has all the individual knowledge. I am aware/think therefore I am.

ADD: Note that even though I label them differently, in the end they are still connected and one. After all, without God Consciousness - nothing exist. Everything is simply a part of the God Consciousness.

EDITED: The other possibility is that everything is simply within a brain that is created by God. Everything is illusion - without brain, there is nothing. But brain is also created by God in the first place. And we cannot imagine anything that is outside of the brain. Once the brain dies - we won't even know what will happen ...

So my two conclusions both point to that there exists a higher power - God or Creator whatever you want to call it. And that you are part of it (or you are it) whether you like it or not.

What do you think of these 2 possibilities?
edit on 25-4-2011 by yic17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by yic17

Damn. I guess the jig's up. Okay, here's the truth. It really is only you that exists. Me? I'm just a texture unit. I wanted to be real, but what the hell. It just wasn't to be, and I took what was available. These other guys here? Most of them are texture units, like me. As soon as you stop reading this, I'll cease to exist (not looking for any sympathy here - honest) and maybe I'll get to exist again if you read this post again. It's okay, though. It's not like I have any awareness or sense of self. Just texture, that's me.

To be honest, I don't know how you do it. All this, and just to make your existence as layered and textured as possible. I'd be terrified. So much significance.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
If you were they ONLY consciousness then EVERYTHING would be how you would want it to be.
Its not.
This means that there are other consciousness's perceiving and altering the same 3rd dimension that you are perceiving and altering at the same time.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

There are ways to know that I am in control over my mind.

Have you ever heard about visualization techniques?

In the army we learned to program our mind by different visualization techniques so that our body could preform exact movements, without physical practice.

There are two ways you can teach your mind to do specific action or duties. You can either do them physically by repeating the action over and over again, or you can do it mentally by visualization techniques.

By visualization you can shorten the time your mind needs to learn specific duties or actions.

Your body can not preform a duty or action before your mind knows how to do it.

Now. Who makes the decision that "I" want to preform visualization techniques to teach my mind, so that my body function become more accurate?

It is the mind that control the body functions. But "I" have to specify the function that i want my mind to tell my body to preform.

You also become the judge over the performance skills your mind can preform, You also set the standard of your own performance, your mind does not. Your mind only gives you different options to argue if your performance is within satisfactory. But you have to make the decision if it is, by analysing your own knowledge and skills.

Your mind wont analyse anything without your command to do so.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   
At work we have a 8 joint robot arm which we use to help us conduct specific missions under water. We can attach this arm to different types of under water devices.

When we set up this robot arm in the lab. We were given free access to program its specific functions. And to buy its specific scenes needed to conduct specific tasks.

Without the specified program, it wouldn't be able to do the specific functions. Creating this specific program took a lot of work. Because this arm didn't have any feelings/senses or perception of distance or knowledge of its environment, it didn't know what type of work it was going to preform either. So we had to apply the feelings/senses it needed to have, to have the ability to recognize objects, pressure, ocean currents, distance to objects, its location, depth, torque and speed.

We installed lasers and sonars to make it able to determine distance to objects and its surroundings. But even if it knew about its environment. The robot arm didn't care. It still didn't do anything.

We had to apply a command, a specific task for it to preform. When we gave the program a task, it still didn't do it properly. Because it wasn't given any limits to the task it was going to preform. So it wasn't able to latch/grab on to a bar we had installed at 10m under water. We knew that the program installed to the arm could see the bar, because we could monitor it. The program new that the bar was exactly 10.10m under water.

The program didn't know where the robot fingers where compare to the laser measuring its distance to the bar, so the arm just fumbled in the dark.

When we got everything working after a lot of trials. The program had the knowledge "the brains" to preform its tasks according to our specifications. But it still had to be commanded to do the tasks.

With a human; If you tell him to dive down and grab on to the bar. He will do so and succeed at he's first attempt, if he wants to. He will even do it again if he wants too, without being given a command from a external source.

The program that controls the robot arm won't do that. We don't know how to give it free will to work on its own. We don't know how to set limits of free will into a computer program. But we have free will to set our own limits, because we control our mind.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

The word 'God' is not a man with a pen and pad jotting down good deeds and bad deeds.
God is another word for what is happening. This is happening, reading, noises, sensations. This is Being. All that is seen, heard and felt is just happening. No one is doing it, it is just Being being.
Consciousness (god, being, awareness, this, now) is. It is never not that.
Thoughts arise and we think they are happening to us or that we are doing thoughts. Thoughts appear the same as clouds do in the sky. The clouds in the sky never touch the sky, they pass by, but with out the sky there would be nowhere for them to appear. The cloud is a 'thing'. All 'things' that appear are secondary. 'Things' are manifestations, appearances within consciousness. Without consciousness (the sky) no 'thing' (cloud) could appear.
You are consciousness (sky) and consciousness is not a 'thing'.
Consciousness sees, hears, experiences. It experiences 'things'.

Consciousness (all that is) would not be able to know itself if it remained without 'things'.
Consciousness is nothing without 'things'.
Consciousness is no 'thing'.

In the human story a baby is born, it knows nothing (no 'things'). The baby is pure consciousness and then learns about 'things'. It learns that itself is a thing, mother is another thing, the world is a thing. Consciousness is one so there is really only subject, this is totally known by a young child, but adults have been encouraged to forget this then unknowingly pass it on to the child. All part of the game of hide and seek.
The adults teach the child that it is them against the world, shape up, fit in, be good.
This is what causes the dis-ease. How to cope in this big scary place with all the 'things' to work around.
All 'things' are only thoughts. Until you think you are a separate 'thing', you just are. No labels=no things.

It is as though we imagine standing outside of ourselves looking at ourselves, we see an image of ourselves, that image is not what we are.
Consciousness is what we are and consciousness is transparent, consciousness is no 'thing'. Nothing until 'things' appear. Consciousness is emptiness, formless (like the sky) and remains that even with the appearance of 'things'.
Consciousness can not know itself without manifesting 'things'.
Consciousness sees all the things and one day realizes that it is not a thing.
When it looks upon itself it knows itself knowingly.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

I don't imagine there is a higher power, more like a slip stream, or going against the tide, cruise or struggle.
Everything just happens and there is no one that can make it any different. There is a witnessing, like going to the movies, we don't imagine that we can have any influence on the movie just by veiwing it.
What is seeing and witnessing this movie, this real life movie right now? That is the real you, the only you, the witness. This veiw that is seen is no more than a work of art ( a bizzare movie with no begining and no end ) for your veiwing pleasure, this is paradise.
Life is presented to us as a puzzle and for years we try to solve it.
But here it is whole and complete in this eternal now.
It is when we take it apart that it fails to work. The mind always wants to know how 'things' work, but the mind doesn't know what the whole looks like because it can only look at the parts.

The whole is all of the parts, but there are no parts because it is whole.
You are the whole, looking at parts of the whole (things) within the whole.

In a dream there is no one 'real', no 'thing' is real, but there is the seeing. It all appears in consciousness, and no one is doing it. But it does appear to be happening.

It's all very strange and the more you look into it the stanger it gets, the same with quantum mechanics.
It is not logical, (consciousness does not care about logic) this is beyond the mind, prior to the mind.

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Once you answer the question "Who am I", you will be able to answer this question. There are many paths to answering this question.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join