It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I know that YOU have consciousness?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by demonseed

Originally posted by yic17

How do you know that you have conciousness?

Because I am conscious and aware?

What makes you conscious and what are you aware of?

I don't know what makes me conscious. I just am.

I am aware of being conscious and the things around me.

So in your case being conscious is just knowing that you are?

Umm .. yeah.

In this case your question will never be fully answered. The only way you can get proof is to actually enter the physical consciousness of someone else and see if they are conscious in the same way as you.

Well, it's worth a shot to ask and see if someone can actually provide a proof

I simply realized my own ignorance that I am unable to answer this question myself and wanted to see if someone has an answer to it. I was open to the possibility that maybe someone could prove it and I could KNOW for certain that I am not the only one who is conscious.

So far, it seems like I will not be able to get a proof unless I can enter someone else' consciousness while at the same time stay conscious in my own consciousness.
edit on 24-4-2011 by yic17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

So far, it seems like I will not be able to get a proof unless I can enter someone else' consciousness while at the same time stay conscious in my own consciousness.

yup.

Well, you wouldnt need to be yourself conscious during that time. You would just need to be able to return to your current consciousness and remember what you did.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by bhornbuckle75
Considering the entire universe as you know it, and as you ever could know it is created entirely by electrical impulses from your sense organs which are then interpreted by your brain, which then goes on to recreate its impression of what those impulses may mean.....the ENTIRE universe as you know it, and as you ever COULD know it exists completely, and in full, inside the tiny bit of grey matter that you carry around in your own head. So by that definition the Universe as you experience it is only yours and you are indeed the only conscious thing within it. For example...if you take a mild dose of '___' the Universe itself will change quite radically while you stay pretty much the same from your perspective. We are all, and forever will be completely and entirely alone....our consciousness existing as a construct inserted into a universe which exists within our own head....and within that head, which exists within the universe which itself exists only in your own head, is another complete image of the universe....and in that universe is, yet again is your own head, with the entire universe sitting within it....and of course its only logical to conclude that this universe as well has a head within it, which has another image of the universe projected within it, which indeed will contain its own head, containing its own universe......and on , and on, and on, into infinity.............

Hey that's interesting. I never thought of it that way. I'll take some time to explore this idea ...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

When you share ides like you are doing on this site. You get a look into someone else's consciousness.

The way our universe work. There is no way You or any others will be able to enter someone else's "I AM" person.

The way you have to look at it, is that they are YOU, but they view existence from a different spot than you are standing on.

They are viewing You and You are viewing them. That is as close as we will ever get someone else's "I am".

What people are getting confuse about is the difference between someones I AM and he's/her knowledge.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
reply to post by yic17

When you share ides like you are doing on this site. You get a look into someone else's consciousness.

The way our universe work. There is no way You or any others will be able to enter someone else's "I AM" person.

The way you have to look at it, is that they are YOU, but they view existence from a different spot than you are standing on.

They are viewing You and You are viewing them. That is as close as we will ever get someone else's "I am".

Yes, I understand this in theory.

Unfortunately, I am trying to KNOW it for certain. Or you can say .. I am hoping there is a way for me to enter someone else's "I am" besides my own.

Perhaps this is my next question, IF everyone indeed have a "I am" of their own - how do I enter other people's "I am"?

Hmm .. perhaps it's time to practice some black magic ...

Kidding kidding ...

Or maybe not ...

Watch out .. I am coming to hijack your consciousness ...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

reply to post by yic17

Unfortunately, I am trying to KNOW it for certain. Or you can say .. I am hoping there is a way for me to enter someone else's "I am" besides my own.

Perhaps this is my next question, IF everyone indeed have a "I am" of their own - how do I enter other people's "I am"?

Kidding kidding ...

Or maybe not ...

Here is why you can't enter someone elses "I am":

The original I am is the infinite "the red I am".

Every one of us is the red I am but viewing existence in different bodies. (white, purple and yellow)

The red "I am" doesn't have to enter someone else's I am, because he already is them.

What you really want to know is: what is inside these peoples minds. You want to know their knowledge and what its like to view existence from their point of view. That is not the same thing as entering their "I am" person. You would still be You.

If you occupy someone else's body, You will only view reality/existence from a new body. And you will experiance how others look at your new shape/figure as male or female.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O
reply to post by yic17

I think the more frightening thing is that consciousness is only experienced by a small minority given that coinsciousness is self awareness.

How many people watch this video and are aware of what is going on?

Ive met about 3 people in my life that are not on glazy eyed autopilot if you get me, that scares me at times.

Its an interesting question because there is nothing that can prove it to you or anyone else that asks it.

edit on 22-4-2011 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

Oh man must be because it 2:am here and I'm a little sleepy, but I got the right number of passes right, but completely missed the moonwalking bear. Anyways cool vid, and yes consciousness is just like awareness, we see what we look for, or in a broader sense we see what we want to see.

And like the vid points out you can't see everything that is going around when your focusing on something else, in terms of a universal or more broader consciousness you will always miss lots of things. All things are right in our faces and the minds eye, we are just to busy looking for things, to see that everything is right in front of our face.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   

reply to post by yic17

Kidding kidding ...

Or maybe not ...

Here is why you can't enter someone elses "I am":

The original I am is the infinite "the red I am".

Every one of us is the red I am but viewing existence in different bodies. (white, purple and yellow)

The red "I am" doesn't have to enter someone else's I am, because he already is them.

What you really want to know is: what is inside these peoples minds. You want to know their knowledge and what its like to view existence from their point of view. That is not the same thing as entering their "I am" person. You would still be You.

Well, there are ways for me to enter the "red I am", right? Like .. meditation? Enlightenment?

Oh .. I do hope there are easier ways tho

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

You can't enter something you already are. So yes, if you meditate you should be able to reach far, and gather great knowledge.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

I think you're asking the wrong question. everyone has consciousness, but some more than others, and some less than others. Consciousness is like the level of your soul. Some are more aware of others. Those who are empathetic and are kind and are able to induce and reach positive wisdom and kindness are ones with a higher level of consciousness.

We are all gods, with eternal life and eternal presence at our core, but we all need to somehow reach that level through embedding ourselves into a physical presence (like the human body). We as spiritual beings keep reincarnating back to earth or some other dimension or world is like us going back to school. It's kind of like...to learn to drive you need a car. Our spirit is us, and the human body is our car.

Those who are at higher level might go to another world and not this one, since they are more advanced. Even on earth, each person has a different level of understanding of his/her own true self and godly qualities.

Therefore, your question yields this answer. Yes, but not everyone at the same level.
edit on 24-4-2011 by AwesomeOverload because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Okay, here's a philosophical question I have read many times but haven't gotten a solid answer yet.

So I know that "I" have consciousness. But how do I know that YOU or any other living being on Earth/Universe also have consciousness?

Is there any way anyone can show solid proof that you have consciousness besides of saying "I know because I do!"?

How do I know that I am not the only conscious thing in the Universe and that everything is just within my mind?

Thanks.

your not...because i am. i see, i feel, hear, taste, CAUSE! but you dont because you jus think you do but you dont because thats what my mind wants me to think that thats what you think, but really your jus my mind...

its like jus as easy as you can make your arm move, i can make you and them and us do things, think things, without even trying, without even knowing im trying...

im real your fake, to you, your real im fake.

we make what we see,

how do you know that the color red is the same to someone else, maybe to someone else its actually blue, but, because the color blue is a diff color, they know that color as red, is there a way to describe what a color looks like without jus naming its color or making it?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AwesomeOverload

If what you are saying is true than God can't exist.

If God is the infinite I am. Where would God get other I am's from (You and Me)?

Our existence is about learning and exploring the beauty of this reality, that part is true. But we are not going to a higher place or dimension. For "us" its all about this reality and this dimension.

Because as you said; God is all of us, God is occupying the different bodies as I am's. Our bodies are not Gods, our bodies is Gods vehicle to experiance he's own creation/reality through everyone of us.

There are no "I am's" for God to level up. Because God is each and every one of us.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashtonkusher

Okay, here's a philosophical question I have read many times but haven't gotten a solid answer yet.

So I know that "I" have consciousness. But how do I know that YOU or any other living being on Earth/Universe also have consciousness?

Is there any way anyone can show solid proof that you have consciousness besides of saying "I know because I do!"?

How do I know that I am not the only conscious thing in the Universe and that everything is just within my mind?

Thanks.

your not...because i am. i see, i feel, hear, taste, CAUSE! but you dont because you jus think you do but you dont because thats what my mind wants me to think that thats what you think, but really your jus my mind...

its like jus as easy as you can make your arm move, i can make you and them and us do things, think things, without even trying, without even knowing im trying...

im real your fake, to you, your real im fake.

we make what we see,

how do you know that the color red is the same to someone else, maybe to someone else its actually blue, but, because the color blue is a diff color, they know that color as red, is there a way to describe what a color looks like without jus naming its color or making it?

I understand what you're saying in theory. That is why I am asking the question I am asking.

How do you even know there IS someone else? How do you know that someone else actually has a world of his/her own? How do you know they even have the consciousness to see color? And if you say there is - then, Is there any way for you to prove it?

This is the question.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Our existence is about learning, that part is true.

And umm .. how did you come to this conclusion? lol

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

There is no one.
All there is, is this.
This, this moment and your vision of it.
This moment is you.
Try to separate yourself from this.

However, we do try to separate ouselves from it.
By thinking we are separate we invent all sorts of stories, drama and horror mostly.
Most have not stopped to question: Is there anyone else, anywhere else but this experience that is present.
Experience is all.
You are the only one present.
Be present and know you are presence.

Non- duality and Advaita Vedanta is fantastic.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Namaste.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Our existence is about learning, that part is true.

And umm .. how did you come to this conclusion? lol

Well you are a good example ..right

You want to know. That is the a good thing about being human.

How you approach knowledge is the frustrating part.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
reply to post by yic17

There is no one.
All there is, is this.
This, this moment and your vision of it.
This moment is you.
Try to separate yourself from this.

However, we do try to separate ouselves from it.
By thinking we are separate we invent all sorts of stories, drama and horror mostly.
Most have not stopped to question: Is there anyone else, anywhere else but this experience that is present.
Experience is all.
You are the only one present.
Be present and know you are presence.

Non- duality and Advaita Vedanta is fantastic.
youtu.be...
youtu.be...
youtu.be...

Namaste.

Well said. Some interesting ideas to think about ...

Instead of thinking I am the body .. perhaps I AM the experience and all the surroundings ...
Perhaps all I am is this moment ...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Frustrating ... to you?

Because I'm having quite a lot of fun

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Frustrating ... to you?

Because I'm having quite a lot of fun

I get it.

Have fun

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by yic17

Please watch the videos.
There are many, many who know the truth.
I know you will recognize it.

Love

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join