It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

THE SMOKING GUN: McDonalds beatdown refuted. NO VIDEO in this thread.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
After reviewing the video and the prior posting, there are a few things that can and should be stated:
The facts are that the video shows several things playing out here. 2 girls were attacking another girl in a McDonalds and the manager was trying to stop and regain control over the situation, and failed. The girls were leaving and coming back in, and the staff there did nothing to prevent the physical harm from occurring to the person being brutally beaten, rather than being told to leave cause the police were on their way.
Based off of the facts and the facts alone as it stands, it is a lose/lose situation for all around. McDonalds is going to lose a million dollar lawsuit, and rightly so, as it happened on their property and failing to ensure the safety of the victim who was there. The fact that the staff did absolutely nothing, did not help matters, and that she suffered what could be considered trauma to her brain, resulting in seizures will play against them in a court of law. The manager of that store did not take any actions to prevent the harm after he initially had the 2 suspects away from the victim, beyond calling 911. The staff, did nothing to stop or hinder the attack and will ultimately end up in a court to justify their actions, as no doubt the victim will sue them, the owner, and McDonalds for her injuries. The only decent person there was the old lady who stood up to try to protect the victim, yet was unsuccessful in her attempts, and she too can be sued if not arrested, as was stated before this is a lose/lose situation all around. The problem lies within the law, as there are no Samaritan laws in the United States of America. The person trying to help, could be charged with assault and battery, though her intentions were good. This is not the first time where a person was brutally attacked while others watched and did nothing to stop or help, nor will it be the last. There were other mentions of racism and hate crime being committed, however, as justice must be blind, it is safe to put this in a context taking out all things that would cloudy the facts that are present. Take out all things that are different, and go to the simplest form: 2 persons severely beat another to the point of needing medical attention. That is the crime that is looking at. If you add in, using the color tinted pc glasses, then you get hate and race as an issue, but here the question is, is it? Do the suspects have a history of being racist or hateful towards on particular group or another, or were things stated in anger and the heat of the moment? As we do not know, the conclusions should not be presumed. Hopefully these 2 girls are caught and brought to justice, for their actions that are well recorded on video, as no one told them to beat the other till she had trauma that caused her to have seizures. There is a point where it goes too far, and these 2 went too far. At the same time, McDonalds, is going to suffer negative publicity, as it already is for their lack of action during the entire episode, for failing to protect the victim, and the staff did nothing, but video the entire fight.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Seems to me if that was a transgender er whatever, the GLBT community would be in an uproar and it would be all over the msm. I could be wrong but the op's source leaves me suspicious.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Unfortunately you have to remember that we have more people in prison for simple possession in the U.S. than we do violent crimes. You get caught smoking a joint in the privacy of your own home and you might face some time. Of course if you bring the money, they'll cut your sentence. People like these two girls will get off with a smack on the wrist. Talk about being Back Assward.
edit on 22-4-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanadianDream420

Originally posted by eleventhsun
reply to post by CanadianDream420

Police reports said it was a woman. Some unknown person named Charmed says with illiterate grammar that it's a man and it's ok?

So, in a court of law, since everyone here wants to play judge/jury, you wouldn't allow to hear witness accounts?..
Regardless of their grammar?... Especially if they were the video-taper?

What the hell are you talking about! Did it appear to you that any human deserved the animalistic behavior that was see in the videotape. That is someone's daughter (or son according to you and the model citizen, McDonald's employee that taped the event and then posted it to his Facebook account). After see that happen to your own child, would you be sitting down with her and asking, "Now, what did you do to cause this?" I would be looking for blood, and I have no problem admitting it....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mandella1099 After see that happen to your own child, would you be sitting down with her and asking, "Now, what did you do to cause this?" I would be looking for blood, and I have no problem admitting it....

Taking it out of context, bud..

I wasn't asking what the victim did.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Well, even if that person considers themselves a female they should be able to use the ladies room right? And we men certainly wouldn't be ok with them coming into the Men's room. Therefore the beatdown is still unjust and the two girls who did that to that person whateverthesex will probably pay for it.

But this post is good in that in reminds you that there are always two sides to every story.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
More information released today:

ROSEDALE, Md. - A transgender woman whose brutal attack at a McDonald's restaurant in Maryland was captured on video that later went viral says she was the victim of a hate crime.

ca.news.yahoo.com...

So it appears it was a woman, with a penis?, in the womans bathroom...

Maybe I'm unclear?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I didn't mean it like that, I just mean as far as we've been provided it's just a random facebook comment, and in the article it says the account was deleted shortly after.

And the comment did almost feel like it was defending the ones doing the assault.

edit on 24-4-2011 by eleventhsun because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Update from Baltimore Police

Looks like the police has picked up the two assaulter,one was 18 and the other 14.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Who cares if the person had a penis? He think she is a woman, in his mind, she is in the wrong body.
It doesn't matter if we are black, white, brown, gay, transgendered, republican, democrat, etc.
What matter is we are ALL human beings, and NO ONE deserves to be treated so brutally because they needed to use the washroom.

If they had a problem with it, THEY could of have left to another establishment to use their facilities.

I find the silence of the employees almost worse than the violence.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
As I have stated in another thread of this topic.

I think its more of a lack of evolution. These women ( and many who behave this way ) have obviously spouted from a family tree that didn't embrace common sense. There "animal " behavior further solidifies the lack of growth.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by InnerTruths
I find the silence of the employees almost worse than the violence.

I find the excuse that "oh she was actually a male, therefore the beatdown was justified" as more of an offense.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Even if this is what happened it still doesn't make it right.
Why did they beat 'her' (him?) up so badly. Surely you would maybe give the person a good slap or whatever if you really felt it was necessary, but to beat that person to a pulp?????
It really doesn't matter if the person was being smart, to beat someone to a shaking mess (regardless if it was fake or not) is sooooo not cool lol.

Frankly everyone seems to be in the wrong here:

The two women beating the person up were just idiots, did they really need to beat the person up that badly? Why not just complain to the management and get the person removed if they felt that strongly about the situation.

The transexual shouldn't have gotten smart ...... although saying that, if the person felt that he/she belonged in that toilet then fine, why should 'she' have to take all that b.s.

The guy on the camera was an idiot, why didn't he stop the fight. Same goes for the employees of McDonalds (although on their salary I can't blame them really). It's quite lucky the transexual didn't die... if that happened then the lot should have been put to trial under murder and manslauter charges.

I do have some sympathy with the staff and on lookers though. Someone could pull a gun or a knife and then you'd get shot or stabbed just for trying to stop the madness. It's a shame that people are too afraid to stop fights because they themselves are afraid of getting seriously hurt or killed.

Originally posted by daikaiju
Update from Baltimore Police

Looks like the police has picked up the two assaulter,one was 18 and the other 14.

Wow the girl in that photo looks like a tranny... now I can see why she was so mad

edit on 25-4-2011 by Noviz because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Granted this is from Jezebel, supposedly they are pressing assault and hate crime charges for the attack. The 18 year old apparently was arrested before for assault. Just wanted to give an update.
hate crime charges filed

top topics

<< 1   >>

join