It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Am I going nuts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
When it comes to UFO sightings I'm usually extremely cautious and skeptical because there can be and are many plausible explanations for them whether they are simply a natural occurrence or hoaxes. However, about 120 minutes ago I seen something which left me wondering 'what am I seeing?!'.

I first seen this object which was flashing red and white at about 21:17pm it was seemingly stuck in the sky and didn't move, at first I thought it was a star as there are quite a few around tonight due to us in the UK having clear skies and great weather! I also thought that it may have been a police helicopter but there was no noise. It was certainly bigger than a star and around 2-3 miles away from me. I tried to take a few pictures using my BlackBerry but it wasn't picking the object up at all - just the planes that were flying by. At around 21:20pm a plane flew right above the object which surprised me. It told me that the object I was seeing was clearly quite low. I ran upstairs into the back bedroom to see if I could debunk what I was seeing but the object started to move; it drifted off to the right hand side and was heading downwards. At around 9:26pm I completely lost sight of the object behind trees.

I'm not one to scream 'UFO' but I can say that what I seen was strange. It could have been a big star but for a plane to fly over it suggests otherwise. For the object to then move to the right of me and seemingly get lower and lower and then disappear out of sight is also strange. There are no airports within 15-20 miles of my location and where I live you can generally hear when planes and helicopters are flying overhead - like now one has just flew over.

I done my best to debunk what I saw taking into account my surroundings, buildings, lights of a railway bridge and the stars but I still can't figure out what it was. It could have been a star but why was it so low?

Maybe I'm just going nuts!
edit on 22-4-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfessorT

You said you took some pictures. You should post them so we can see them
But its definitely a UFO because its an UFO. Unidentified, Flying, Object. It has all of the characteristics of a UFO. But your not going nuts, when you go nuts you'll deny it. Or you will say something like "Oh my god! Its a UFO! Its a UFO!" No it was a bird and its not even flying. Post the pics if you haven't already. Some people live to debunk this stuff.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
it is the peak of the metour showers tonight but they are fast streakes of light normally and dont stay still donno but could be a army helicopter as they normally use red and white becons and flash hope someone else can spread some light tho

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xShadow13

I tried to take pictures but there was absolutely no point in me doing so as when I looked through the camera of my BlackBerry it was only picking up the plane that was crossing over my house. I did capture a brief video but again it couldn't get a clear shot of the 'UFO' which is strange. I'm trying to play it back and oddly enough I'm getting an error message on my phone saying its an 'unsupported format' even though I recorded the video with the phone. I'll reset my phone and see if it works and then upload it to Youtube or upload it to a file-sharing website. Again, it doesn't pick up the 'UFO' though but it gives you a good idea of the surroundings.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Oddly enough the first video I recorded would not play and up until this morning it kept on showing an error message. Late last night I decided to record a helicopter that was circulating a nearby road and this time I could actually hear it as it flew overheard and as it flew 2-3 miles round and round again. Now why couldn't I hear this other object that was in the sky earlier on?

Here is the download link for the helicopter if anyone is interested: www.megaupload.com...

Here is a video link for the helicopter if anyone is interested: www.megavideo.com...

NOTE: My bedroom is at the front of the house which was the only decent place to record the helicopter from.

I did sit and think for a bit if what I saw was a helicopter due to the white flashing light in the video but what would explain it changing to red quicker than the lights change on a normal airplane? Why did the object then glide down when there are no airports or airfields near me? I decided to take a quick picture today from the back bedroom where I seen the object glide down:

The black spot indicates the first time I seen the object, the black line indicates the first time I saw the object to the last time I seen it. The last time I seen the object is marked out by the red spot just above the trees. After that it completely disappeared.

I really have no idea what I saw and have tried to debunk it all day by making a brief video and taking a picture to show you guys my surroundings but I'm still none the wiser.
edit on 23-4-2011 by ProfessorT because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join