It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

On "Recent Posts" page...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
How about "Pages 1,2,3,4..." at the bottom of the new threads just like at the top?

Think about it a moment... if you go to Recent Posts, and scroll down... you have to scroll back up to get to the next page.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

No you don't...press the HOME key on your keyboard for an instant top of the page..

And and there is the TOP button that already exists for that at the bottom of every thread and I believe the RP page as well..
edit on 4/22/2011 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Pressing "Home" on the keyboard scrolls up, just like I said.

It's not that hard to do a document.write after the list of recent posts.
Done properly, the DOM would request a list of pages, much like it does now to display the links at the top of the list, and duplicate the links accordingly. It wouldn't be any more of a burden on the server(s) than it already is, and maybe just a little more on the browser.

And realistically, why should I have to scroll back to the 1st post just so I can get to the next page of posts?

Do you do that while reading a book? Go back to the top of page 1, just to go to page 2?

edit on 4/22/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

That's strange, my home key takes me to the top of any page I'm one. Page UP will scroll as far as I know.

But I understand where you are coming from. You can however hit the ALL button, next to the 1, 2 3, etc, to get ALL the threads from pages 1 thorugh 4 on a single page.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
@Keeper

Where is this "All" button? I have never seen this on Recent Posts page though I do see 1,2,3,4 there is not an "All" after that. This would be very handy to have...

@OP

As for the Page/Home key - Home requires that I use FN+Home. It should not scroll in the same way that PageUp scrolls. Something is not being done right, if it is.

edit on 22-4-2011 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Look at the botom of this page, below the last post.

It says ^^TOP^^

hit it and see what happens

edit to add it was already mentioned
edit on 22/4/11 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

FYI, the TOP button does not and never has worked in Firefox, though it does work in other browsers in the same way that Home key works.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Thanks

Didn't know that.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
TOP button works well... very well.

top topics

join