It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is God?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Just who is God? I am confused?
i mean like is god 1 or is he him, spirit, and Jesus?

because the OT was all God and no Jesus and Go, the whole idea of God is drastically more different the NT for me. In the OT God was like an all seeing more participatng, intervening God. People spoke with him. He even took people to heaven on a chariot of fire o_o
He also caused the great flood.

But in the NT it was like nobody could speak directly to him, he was much nicer, and he had a baby boy. the holy spirit crept up inside the virgin mary and they gave birth to baby Jesus. my question is who is God. Because in the OT i dont recall a "trinity" or Jesus. In fact Jesus makes up the "trinity" So if Jesus was concieved by the holy spirit (part of the unfinished, at that time, trinity) what was there before Jesus? Just 1 God? or a an unfinished trinity? Is God 1 or 3 in 1?

Like, back in the OT people got stoned to death for something that today would be not as serious. I mean just because laws arnt as harsh now does that mean that it is still expectable to kill people for blasphemy and other terrible sins? or should OT laws banning certain social things be justifiable under the "faith" that God will be on your side.

my view is God changes as the time changes.in the OT, when people were polytheistic and Moses was in Egypt lobbying with the pharaohs for monotheism, god was absolutly 1.

this is my conclusion, or rather where im at right now.
there is no God.

Or atleast not the way the picture has been painted to us for so long. Because, why is God working on a time table that co operates with astrology, and that the bible is a historical reference/astrological outline of earths natural 24000 cycle of creating life and destroying it.

I mean lets take the great flood for example. That story is older than the bible itself. it pre dates the christian era by thousands of years. So if the story of the flood is older than the bible that means the God of the bible didnt create the flood. - contradiction but just who is the God of the bible?

The story of Jesus' birth life. The sun was, to ancent people, the law maker. the ultimate source of life, or a God. (Jesus is not God he is just a God, part of the trinity. a God). So naturally people worshipped it and followed its movements. We rotate around the sun, but the sun is also moving, through the 12 star constellations, or zodiacs. So naturally ancient people tracked its movements and created great stories for them. Personifications. for the sun and the zodiacs. That is where bull worship and greek mythology came from. This is also why Jews stil blow the rams horn to this day.

But lets get back to Jesus, the Sun of God.
he was born of a virgin (Virgo) Virgo is also referred to as the House of Bread, translating to bethleham in Hebrew. he traveled around with 12 disciples (signs of zodiac), died on a cross (cross of the zodiac)was dead for 3 days (amount of time the sun sits at the farthest part of “the heavens” during winter equinox) then rose on the 3rd day(the sun comes back to life and rises giving us longer days on the 3rd day of the equinox December 25 o_o) Jesus is in fact the son of God. The Sun that travels around the 12 zodiacs and his father, God is the counscioness that birthed all things. They just personified everything to make it more interesting, I mean they didn’t have that much intersting things to do.

Imagine if ancient people had something to enhance their intelligence and understanding of things, a higher conciousness which they called God. Then a mean ugly group like the church came along and tried to keep this knowledge and higher state of conciousness from the masses, and dumbed everyone down for thousands of years by keeping the intelligence from them.

Conclusion: Christianity is the same worship of the sun, that the Egyptians, ancient Mayan and other Indians, as well as tribes all over the world worshipped. Only it was name branded by a church and spread violently through the world until it was widley accepted as truth. People ask why black people are so religious. Because during the great awaking, churches were built for slaves period. That’s what slaves were told to believe and hundreds of years later, here is the result. Not because any of those slaves talked to God personally but because they believed in God. But who is God anyway?
They say that people are the cause of global warming, but that is wrong. Global warming is the natural cycle of the earth. It gets hot sometimes and it get real cold sometimes too (ice age) Just because we live here doesn’t mean earth cant go through changes. But who makes the earth make those changes? God? But then again just who is God?
Who is God?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by illuminatednotilluminati

He's a big fat phony.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I'm atheist so I do not know what this god thing is.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I think our minds and frames of reference are waaay to small to even begin to comprehend God or even just the idea of an upper-being.

(Why exactly is this thread in propheceis and predictions?)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
To the best of my knowledge, God is Jehovah. Jesus is Jehovah's son. Two seperate beings. Who is God?

"I am Jehovah, that is my name." —Isaiah 42:8.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Who is GOD? a fictional character of the most famous fairytale.

2nd line.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
God, for me is in the eye of the beholder. Whether you believe in a higher power, a deity, a being of flesh and blood or an ideal it's whatever floats your boat. Me personally I'm a spiritual person. Karma is perhaps my God in faith.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
You should read the Bible more... The old testament mentions Jesus at the very beginning of the Bible.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Incase you didnt know Jesus Christ is the Word of God...

Today is Good Friday a day set aside to honor the suffering and death of our Lord, of which he endured freely for the benifit of Alll mankind.

No other deity has died for you.

I wonder why people cant see how the church poked fun at false religion by replacing thier holy days with substance. They were really mocking these other religions while luring them in at the same time. This is reality not a zietgiest production...
edit on 22-4-2011 by 5StarOracle because: add

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
God has been represented in different religions by sacred geometries.

Now, the incredible thing is that these geometrical objects are equivalent to one another in the sense that their mathematical properties are analogous and determined by the same set of parameters.

This amounts to a kind of mathematical proof that God exists, for such is the degree of isomorphism between these sacred geometries that the chance of their being analogous is infinitesimal.

To see the overwhelming, irrefutable evidence for this, study the ground-breaking research at
smphillips.8m.com...
It will take you a year. But the effort will be worth it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9fe8b41927d9.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
God is the eternal sleeping parent.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I think that God is humanity's description of things we don't understand- things like immortality, why environmental factors kill us, why death is so controversial while we live life. Human Civilization was always been thorough and utilized every aspect of human tradition for society and it's staple, but when it came to warning signs like terrorism, cannibalism, and lack of human morals and ethics, humanity enveloped a sense and sensibility of a manifest creator to oversee just those trifes. Only thing is, the Holy Bible in Christianity explains God as an omnipotent being- meaning a being of creations. That goes against the fundamental aspects for which society has placed our life scenario on this planet.

To question who God is is already described as a sin, to question, "Who is God?" like you did, might lead you to just the answer you are asking.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
god is a concept in your mind. nothing more. if you cling to that idea you will be stuck in duality forever-and a day!
holy books are written so that some guidance is given to those in just such a state to get out of it. the bible names god as "i am that i am". namely, pure existence. indivisable, causeless, it is both space and time and beyond both. the mind divides the pure existence into duality and resists all attempts to make it motionless. (be still and know the truth). however you can worship "god" to the exclusion of all else (which includes yourself) and eventually you realize that god is all there is and "that thou art". so the mind gets in the way of "realization" but paradoxically is used to solve the problem that never existed.
or you can worship jesus totally and achieve the same. or krishna or bhudda. you are the stick that stirs the flames of the spiritual pyre and you are consumed in the process. there are many methods that achieve the same end and a particular personality will choose the best for itself. the "real" will manifest to you in the form that you hold dearest. so catholic saints may see jesus and indian hindus may see krishna. its all the same "real"

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I can't tell you who he is because I'm not him but if you want to know the truth as we all do, you should try and ask him to show you which is the right path. Then wait for enlightenment to come from him, don't worry you'll know when it does.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Just who is God? I am confused?
i mean like is god 1 or is he him, spirit, and Jesus?...
But in the NT it was like nobody could speak directly to him, he was much nicer, and he had a baby boy. the holy spirit crept up inside the virgin mary and they gave birth to baby Jesus. my question is who is God. Because in the OT i dont recall a "trinity" or Jesus. In fact Jesus makes up the "trinity" So if Jesus was concieved by the holy spirit (part of the unfinished, at that time, trinity) what was there before Jesus? Just 1 God? or a an unfinished trinity? Is God 1 or 3 in 1?

Goodness, just jump right into one of the most contentious issues that is somehow also peripheral in my view.

First off, I'll preface this by saying this should not be an overly-consuming issue for believers. We're told in the bible/new testament that if we're truly in Christ, then we'll walk as he walked - hence, follow the perfect example. Christ didn't command worship or prayer for himself, he advised us to worship god our father and to pray to him, so this is what I do. Whether or not Christ is divine outright sits on the sidelines for me.

That being said, I personally believe in the trinity:
1) The word translated 'god' in the old testament is elohim - this is a plural form of hebrew el', meaning "mighty one"
2) There are odd conflicts when dealing with visitations by god in the old testament, usually involving the angel of Yahweh ("angel of the LORD"). Despite being identified as an angel - one of the only to have a specific title like this, if not the only one - the references to this angel frequently switch back-and-forth between direct references to god himself. I interpret the angel of Yahweh as the pre-incarnation Word ('logos'), Christ.
3) At the destruction of Sodom and Gemorrah, we get odd phrasing like "Gen 19:24 Then the LORD rained on Sodom and Gomorrah sulfur and fire from the LORD out of heaven."
4) There does appear to be a (up-for-interpretation) reference to the trinity in Isaiah:

Isa 48:12-16 "Listen to me, O Jacob, and Israel, whom I called! I am he; I am the first, and I am the last. My hand laid the foundation of the earth, and my right hand spread out the heavens; when I call to them, they stand forth together. "Assemble, all of you, and listen! Who among them has declared these things? The LORD loves him; he shall perform his purpose on Babylon, and his arm shall be against the Chaldeans. I, even I, have spoken and called him; I have brought him, and he will prosper in his way. Draw near to me, hear this: from the beginning I have not spoken in secret, from the time it came to be I have been there." And now the Lord GOD has sent me, and his Spirit.

Here we've got some calling themselves the first and the last (Yahushua/'Jesus' took this title as the alpha & omega, beginning & end in Revelation), saying he's the creator (in the new testament, the actual work of creation was done through Christ - see beginning of John as well as various references in the epistles), referring the Yahweh 'the LORD' from an external standpoint, and in the last line APPARENTLY saying he was sent by 'the Lord GOD' and his spirit (total of 3).

Like, back in the OT people got stoned to death for something that today would be not as serious. I mean just because laws arnt as harsh now does that mean that it is still expectable to kill people for blasphemy and other terrible sins? or should OT laws banning certain social things be justifiable under the "faith" that God will be on your side.

This is a tough case for people, granted. But, if there is a creator and supreme ruler of all we know, it's kind of the ultimate case of 'my house, my rules' you probably heard from your parents at one point or another. If the corrections/handling are viewed as strict by us - well, Romans answers this as 'hath not the potter power over the clay?'. Honestly, when you think about it, consider how much more capricious and cruel humans are, not to mention how much damage we inflict just through negligence.

this is my conclusion, or rather where im at right now.
there is no God.

Or atleast not the way the picture has been painted to us for so long. Because, why is God working on a time table that co operates with astrology, and that the bible is a historical reference/astrological outline of earths natural 24000 cycle of creating life and destroying it.

Perhaps you're looking at it backwards and astrology is working on his timeline since that's what it's there for?

Gen 1:14 And God said, "Let there be lights in the expanse of the heavens to separate the day from the night. And let them be for signs and for seasons, and for days and years..."

I mean lets take the great flood for example. That story is older than the bible itself. it pre dates the christian era by thousands of years. So if the story of the flood is older than the bible that means the God of the bible didnt create the flood. - contradiction but just who is the God of the bible?

Friend, most writings about things take place after the things occurred. That doesn't mean the person who did them couldn't have existed to do them...not digging at you there, BTW, just not really understanding your thought process here.

The astrological tie-ins are interesting, but don't really change the historical facts of Christ or the earliest church and its beliefs - which wasn't a lot of sky-worship.

Imagine if ancient people had something to enhance their intelligence and understanding of things, a higher conciousness which they called God. Then a mean ugly group like the church came along and tried to keep this knowledge and higher state of conciousness from the masses, and dumbed everyone down for thousands of years by keeping the intelligence from them.

Sounds like a decent summary of what happened in the dark ages, but doesn't do much to what the bible contains, as the problem was that the church kept this from the people, along with a great many other things. It was illegal for common people to have bibles, etc.

Conclusion: Christianity is the same worship of the sun, that the Egyptians, ancient Mayan and other Indians, as well as tribes all over the world worshipped. Only it was name branded by a church and spread violently through the world until it was widley accepted as truth. People ask why black people are so religious. Because during the great awaking, churches were built for slaves period. That’s what slaves were told to believe and hundreds of years later, here is the result. Not because any of those slaves talked to God personally but because they believed in God. But who is God anyway?

I can't really get behind this as it disregards the witness of the early church (first-second century). The beliefs were clearly not sun-worship and the violent spread came after Rome got involved.

They say that people are the cause of global warming, but that is wrong. Global warming is the natural cycle of the earth. It gets hot sometimes and it get real cold sometimes too (ice age) Just because we live here doesn’t mean earth cant go through changes. But who makes the earth make those changes? God? But then again just who is God?
Who is God?

Cheers on your global warming view
As far as who makes earth do it - the creator specified the laws and action of the natural world at the time of creation. Due to the movement of the universe as set then, certain cycles repeat and certain relationship occur between heavenly bodies.

As far as who god is?

God said to Moses, "I AM WHO I AM." And he said, "Say this to the people of Israel, 'I AM has sent me to you.'"

In hebrew, I AM WHO I AM -better translated as I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE, the self-existent/determinate one- is hâyâh 'asher hâyâh in hebrew. Hâyâh means "exist, be, become, come to pass" and 'asher means "which, who, that which, that, when, since" - etc. He's the one who truly makes his own way and encompasses all.

Be well.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
nice to see you thinking on the subject of god -It shows you are being called to ask-and by asking you will study and find the answers.
God is the alpha and omega-doesnt tell you much does it? The first and last. What does that mean? We who are but specks in the universe cant comprehend. It drives some insane to want to know but cant since he is holding back many answers, for him to reveal in his time,
for his purpose. Like a parent to a child. Frustrating to a point of hopelessness. No living man can understand and god states in the bible that if we seen him it would drive us mad.
We know there are other gods for Jehovah says he is the god above all others.
Jesus was with god in the begining-not a new testament creation. God states in the begining jesus [the word was with him and the word was god] so you see jesus all through the bible was refered to as the word-truth] Jesus created all with god, for creation is truth.
To answer a question here about WHO god is when people over time, the smartest could not answer is fruitless. Nobody understands who exactly god is or his reason for being.

I have read countless books .papers and the bible. Takes from all churches-We as man want to know.
The seventh day adventists are close in describing god, the jehovas witness know most of his directives for us to follow-all others in my opinion are false or shallow teachings on god,believing you must follow what their church says without question. As you read the bible you will see their teachings are false.
Any two or more people studing the bible are a church--thats right a church-[so start your own with friends] study and you will not know who god is but you will find he will only reveal himself in the end times, but you will find how to live right.
GOD IS THE ALPHA AND OMEGA--living life-awake, spread out in all living things.life is first and last for their is only 1 life-there cannot be 2 lifes-for life is alive-liveing- There is only 1 fermament-[matter spread out in the universe,] BUT ONLY 1 FERMAMENT- GOD ALLOWS US TO MERGE WITH FERMAMENT TO HAVE BODIES -SOME Angels, part of gods creation are jelous that we have this merger to create more life [TO EXPAND GOD HIMSELF]-[which they cannot even though they are imortal- So they are causing this separation from god-hiding the truth-JELOUSY-DISOBEDIENCE
We are cut of from his body from sin-[disobedience] -Jesus says in the bible he does not reside in the church , but to look under a rock and you will find him--WHATS UNDER ROCK?? WELL IF YOU LOOK UNDER MOST ROCKS YOU WILL FIND BUGS-WORMS-CREATURES OF THE EARTH, that means -[LIFE ALIVE AND SERVING A PURPOSE] so jesus actually says he is life alive and serveing a purpose The body of god is everywhere, be a part of it or perish as a fruit cut off from its tree---IS NOT A FRUIT A TREE?? ONLY CUT OFF FROM ITS BODY?? AS YOU ARE A FRUIT CUT OFF FROM GODS BODY YOU WILL PERISH unless you become part of the real life you were born to be--to expand god ALMIGHTY-LIFE ALIVE-
When you know these truths you will eventually pass yOur firmanment body, to be free to go to your god, and be a part of him. But practice evil, and he will not re-unite you to him-and to oblivion, real death you will go.Like a cancer to our own bodies we cast out,[cancer is still ourselves, disobedient to our body is it not???] JEHOVAHwill cast you out, not allowing you to become part of LIFE LIVING ALIVE----love all you can -help all you can, live a simple life all you can, A HOUSE DIVIDED CANNOT STAND-LIFE DEVIDED CANNOT STAND

LETS STOP THE KILLINGS IN THESE SENSELESS WARS-FOR WE ONLY KILL A PART GOD WHEN WE KILL-WE ONLY KILL LIFE WHEN WE KILL- we only kill ourselves a little more when we kill
WE ARE PART OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!--HOPE I HELPED YOU A LITTLE, BROTHER--KEEP ASKING AND READING FOR THE END IS COMMING-GODS OPPERATION TO RID HIMSELF OF THE CANCER HE IS EXPERIENCING IS SOON TO TAKE PLACE-HE IS PISSED AT HIS LITTLE MUSTARD SEEDS.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by itsawild1

a nice post, but while you have some pertinent remarks in your post, some of it just does not add up.
for god to expand, there would have to be "space", or an area of some sort be it spiritual or otherwise, in which to grow larger/expand. therefore by your reasoning he is limited and not almighty. there would have to be something above him.
i think the "word" or jesus or christ has been grossly misinterpreted. probably for the benefit of priestly power. its gone on for so long that few can reason outside the box. the piscean age ending soon/now will put a stop to that. rather think of it as a divine vibration or christ consciousness that always was and will be that brought the universe into being. it gives credence to the idea that "no one comes unto the father except by me". not the man jesus but the christ consciousness that allows you to be conscious of the whole pure existence. priests of a bygone era have distorted the meaning.
if your eye(pineal gland) is single, your whole body shall be full of light. there are many instances in the bible that can be interpreted in a non orthodox or typical christian way. one should also study the eastern teachings to enable the golden thread woven into and running thru all religions to be revealed. yes man cannot stand the majesty of god. the finite cannot comprehend the infinite. but if you realize the divine self within you, it dawns on you that god alone is indeed all one. the mortal dream is seen for what it is. your real nature is revealed. you gained nothing, for if you did you could lose it. you simply revealed your true self, one with everything. it is the basis of love and morality. a peace that surpasses understanding.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 5StarOracle
You should read the Bible more... The old testament mentions Jesus at the very beginning of the Bible.

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

Incase you didnt know Jesus Christ is the Word of God...

Today is Good Friday a day set aside to honor the suffering and death of our Lord, of which he endured freely for the benifit of Alll mankind.

No other deity has died for you.

I wonder why people cant see how the church poked fun at false religion by replacing thier holy days with substance. They were really mocking these other religions while luring them in at the same time. This is reality not a zietgiest production...

Bold assumption, and that's all it is...

the people who wrote the bible could only hear the word and other examples given by them and others, the first four books in the bible are written by four different people, who claimed different things, lets not forget that the bible is a collection of books and no Jesus Christ is not the word of God, he's the son of God. Read the fairytales but do not add your own assumptions into it.

and No deity has died for you either.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Arsenis because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Arsenis

Listen well and this is only 1 example there are many more...

John 1:14 And the Word became flesh (Jesus), and tabernacled among us. And we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and of truth.

You know nothing of the truth, you can't rob me of that with which you do not possess...
Jesus died for everyone, your argument was all that you judged mine to be, in your remarks you have proven unwise and most foolish indeed.

Your pride and love for the lie makes you blind to the truth.
And when I want to read a fairy tale I will read your life's story and have myself a good chuckle.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   
God is what we don't understand.

In ancient times it was volcanoes, disease, earthquakes and floods.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join