It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

M CLASS FLARE!?!?!,2011-04-22,SOHO,Lasco 3 PIC of Sun..Check it out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
The first 3 pics are from LASCO 2. They are step by step frame by frame snapshots. The last 3 frames of data it shows for 2011-04-22...Then the last 2 are the last to frames it shows in LASCO 3 and they jump 2 hours. I am looking to know if the last is something we should be worried about or if its just a glitch? I pay attention to SOHO but im no expert. Thats why Im tring to ask people who know more about this what it is just so I know for future reference...Heres frame 1 from LASCO 2..
Frame 2 WHERE IT LOOKS LIKE A CME IS FORMING ON THE RIGHT SIDE..keep scrollin
Frame 3..

AND HERE THE SECOND ONE IS WHAT I AM ASKING THE QUESTION ABOUT FROM LASCO 3...keep goin
...FRAME 2

So if anyone has any answers for me it would be appreciated. Im only trying to further my knowledge so I know in the future and wont have to make a thread to ask these questions.

ADD: ONE OF THE POSTERS RESPONDED WITH INFO THAT I GUESS ITS NOT A GLICH AND INSTEAD AN M CLASS FLARE...PRETTY COOL INFO ON THE SITE HE PROVIDED
edit on 22-4-2011 by gdaub23 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Didn't you post this once? I think I remember seeing the word weird mis-spelled in both posts..don't get mad..just saying.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Dominus1

yeah i ended up deleting it when i was editing somehow my computer acted up or something strange happened...i have up for 2 days and i go so frustrated i didnt even think about rewriting it in the old one i had it pretty much memorized anyway so just went made it again quick..even tho i never get answers when i post something about soho...and i fixed weird..im usually pretty good about spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Although these are great pictures of the sun.

Without the proper training, making sense of these is impossible.

Without thousands of years of records to rely on, What is normal ?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Im no expert ! But there may be two answers... One if like a interferance with the units camera like a lens flash. And second maybe it was a massive plasma type release. Further invesigation today to see if i can find an answer. Thanks good find !!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HispanicPanic
omg. our sun is destroying us as we speak. omg. the sun is going to die oh my god. oh my god. lets all freak out 24/7 on this site cause thats all this stie does to people is make them freak out and worry all day everyday. get a freaking grip people. the bible said this was coming. and it is. do something about it OTHER than worry 24/7. no wonder "god" is punishing everyone right now....

is there really need of posts like yours in here?

he saw something weird and posted

but what threads are you expecting to find here??

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I'm not an expert either. But maybe it's a very large flare on the back side of the sun? Either way I visit the SOHO site myself once in a while and this anomaly/occurrence in the image is new to me. I'm watching and waiting for the next update as I'm sure others are as well.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
There was someone knowlegeable on a link from a few weeks ago on the thread "what the hell is the sun doing?" (sorry, I haven't taken the time to learn how to post links). He gave some examples and what to look for at Soho website. Looks like we have a "C" class/borderline "M" class flare developing. M and X class are the worst.
The solar wind data is unavailble at this time at SOHO according to the message I got at that website, so that is also what needs to be looked at.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by tinker9917
There was someone knowlegeable on a link from a few weeks ago on the thread "what the hell is the sun doing?" (sorry, I haven't taken the time to learn how to post links). He gave some examples and what to look for at Soho website. Looks like we have a "C" class/borderline "M" class flare developing. M and X class are the worst.
The solar wind data is unavailble at this time at SOHO according to the message I got at that website, so that is also what needs to be looked at.

solarimg.org...

Well, uh, here you go.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by NyxOne

i guess by looking at that it was a M class flare. at least thats what i got from the info

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here is how i see it...something noteworthy happened, and there are 8 hours of footage missing

When i add up that equation, i say look out for 3-4 days from now

It seems like SOHO never messes up when everything is status quo

btw: i am giving you an award...as ATS's most active new member.

Award ceremony TBA

edit on 22-4-2011 by BadBoYeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by BadBoYeed

thanks a lot for noticing..im currently unemployed so i have some extra time on my hands

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
thank you for the photos I am not an solar expert so I really enjoyed the phots and the info from others I did not see any doom and gloom sh t I saw msomeone asking for info how else do we learn something is obviously going on I do not think it is just on our little world can hardly wait for the results. something I always wondered about is if it is end times why are mthe christians so freaked out this is mupposed to be followed by a thousand years golden times makes you wonder what there afraid of peace

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

also currently unemployed...so i have a lot of time to notice!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

HEY GUYS!

Whats that black light behind the sun? is the sun actually giving off black light? or what is that? i have pictures of the sun i've taken where there is being black light casted as well

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
SnF Thanks for the pics. Looks like sunspot 1195 is brewing so nice flares atm. Wish I was up north to see the light show.

p.s. good luck on the job search
edit on 23-4-2011 by benzanato because: to wish some luck

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I use welding goggles to observe the sun and today I noticed, that it was unusually bright. I´ve looked at it since last summer, but never saw such thing - it´s always like a greenish cicle on black backround, but today it had big bright halo surrounding it. It also felt warmer today. I wonder why it´s not mentioned anywhere else. It´s quite interesting.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Amandla

It does feel warmer where I'm at. I noticed that the other day but it's usually hot here in the desert southwest so I kind of paid no mind to it. When you're in direct sunlight though it does feel warmer than usual.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Posting this in both threads
I emailed nrl.navy.mil and asked if the "lens shield" (couldn’t think of occulting disk) had slipped and got this back:

Hi P

No it's not a "lens shield" -- we don't have those. And nothing slipped. One of the keys to understanding what's going on here is to notice the location of the "pylon" -- the arm that holds the solid occulting disk in the center of the image. Notice that it's in the lower-left corner, then we have a data gap of a few hours, and then it's in the upper-right corner and straight away the images are looking a little odd. What happened here is we rotated SOHO by 180-degrees, as we do approximately every ~3-months. So this explains the pylon moving. The reason the images go kinda funky is because our data processing relies on using a "background model" to removed excess background brightness form the images and make our pictures look pretty, the way you see them. The raw, unprocessed files (which are freely and readily available online!) are a lot uglier than those nice blue or red ones you see online. So this background model I refer to is necessary for making the pretty pics, but to make a good background model we need at least 3-days of data at a given roll angle, otherwise we have to use an old model from a previous roll, or one from the same time the previous year, both of which are sub-optimal. Therefore, immediately after SOHO rolls, we are unable to make images that look as pretty as you are used to, and they will typically look either very bright, very dark, or a mixture of bright and dark areas. After a few days, we will have enough data to make our background model and we will go back and reprocess those files. The original, raw data files always remain unchanged though.

A large proportion of the strange-looking images that you see are a result of our automated processing software doing something weird with the data when we get bad images. So I always encourage people to locate the original raw data files and look at those before leaping to dramatic conclusions!

Happy to help out, as always!

Best wishes,~~Karl

Thanks much Karl, you’ve been a big help, as always.

new topics

top topics

join