It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Get Organized

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
OK, so I was thinking the other day about what would happen and what I would do if we do get to the point where "shtf" as they say. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not one to preach gloom and doom and I don't necessarily think that this is going to happen any time soon. However, I do believe that it could happen very easily at any moment.

The more I thought about this, the more I believed that one of the best things that could happen in this situation is if we were able to get together with other like-minded individuals and help each other through such a situation. So my next thought was how we would be able to get in touch with each others in such an event.

Consider this: Let's say that something happens and infrastructures collapse. All phone lines are dead. The Internet goes down. Television and radio goes down. How would we be able to communicate with anyone outside of our immediate circle of nearby relatives and friends?

So, here's my thought. We need to somehow form groups ahead of time. We need to get together by geographical locations and perhaps set a "meeting point" for like-minded individuals to come together in the event that something happens. We need to be organized. In other words, if people that lived relatively close together could agree upon a certain location to meet if something catastrophic occurs, a safe place where they could all meet and get organized and help each other survive, I can only see this as a good thing.

So my question to you all is what is the best way to get something like this together? I am fully willing to spearhead this. Should I set up a separate social networking type site to do this or can we do this on this site somehow? Any feedback or ideas are welcome.

Of course if any of you feel this is a dumb idea, you are free to speak your mind as well. I fully realize that some people have an "every man for themselves" mentality. Personally, I just believe that there is strength in numbers and in the event that there is a world changing event, it would be much easier to survive with a group of people banded together to help each other.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I am on board i'm in the process of securing land in the Rockies let me know what you need

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
count me in it is the right approach and is a definate point that we must all start to realize, as I was also thinking and coming to terms with survival.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

I would like to make contact also regarding your situation

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by condition9

I been prepping for a year now,but there is strength and safety in numbers.BUT whateva we do we need to do it quick!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

You are correct and I have been pepping to a degree also but am familiar with a lot.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

added u as friend and sent u2u got questions let me know

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

I been prepping for a year now,but there is strength and safety in numbers.BUT whateva we do we need to do it quick!!!

That's exaclty what I'm thinking. If people that lived relatively close could get together ahead of time and say "If this happens, everyone meet at this location as soon as possible"

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Like I said, if needed, I'd be willing to set up a website where people could form groups based on geographic locations to be be prepared. I have experience building websites and it wouldn't really be all that difficult to set up, just would cost me a little money. Of course if we could do it on here somehow that would be easier, but I'm not sure we could really organize things in a forum all that well.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by jnyblujns

The first thing to do is find like minded people right around your area and start a committee with people you know you can trust. Once you have a base of operations the next step would be getting your goals written,such as...

1. Area in which those in your group can meet in case of emergency

2. Stocking a building or out building with necessary gear,medical supplies,food,water and gas.

3. Delegate by profession, if you have someone w/medical experience you want to know who,same as anyone with construction skills,these people would be used to help facilitate shelter if it needs to be built or repaired

4.Find out each person strengths.you will need people of every level of skill sect..who can keep people who are freaking out controlled and calmed. Who can take care of elderly needs,who can think quickly on their feet,who has weapons training,etc

5.As your group goes all who are within must contribute..whether it be supplies or man power.if one doesn't have food then they can help equally doing other things.No one person is not without purpose.

6.Location: you'll need to set up a place where you can hold meetings and get together..start now so that if the time comes you are all closer and well adapted to each others personalities.

7. Maintain a level of respect for all those who you allow in your group..for in the end it is all of yours group and not just yours.

This is how I would start and I'm sure with more time and thought the goals of the group will become more defined and useful..I too am looking to do this exact thing in my area.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jnyblujns

Originally posted by alchemist2012

That's exaclty what I'm thinking. If people that lived relatively close could get together ahead of time and say "If this happens, everyone meet at this location as soon as possible"

I'm just trying to figure out the best way to go about it. Like I said, if needed, I'd be willing to set up a website where people could form groups based on geographic locations to be be prepared. I have experience building websites and it wouldn't really be all that difficult to set up, just would cost me a little money. Of course if we could do it on here somehow that would be easier, but I'm not sure we could really organize things in a forum all that well.

I have tons of sites that offer free web space but dont know how to build websites.ik have even written a sort of survival for dummies book and had 50 copies binded its durable and wont get damaged easy.u2u me so we can get started

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominus1
reply to post by jnyblujns

The first thing to do is find like minded people right around your area and start a committee with people you know you can trust. Once you have a base of operations the next step would be getting your goals written,such as...

1. Area in which those in your group can meet in case of emergency

2. Stocking a building or out building with necessary gear,medical supplies,food,water and gas.

3. Delegate by profession, if you have someone w/medical experience you want to know who,same as anyone with construction skills,these people would be used to help facilitate shelter if it needs to be built or repaired

4.Find out each person strengths.you will need people of every level of skill sect..who can keep people who are freaking out controlled and calmed. Who can take care of elderly needs,who can think quickly on their feet,who has weapons training,etc

5.As your group goes all who are within must contribute..whether it be supplies or man power.if one doesn't have food then they can help equally doing other things.No one person is not without purpose.

6.Location: you'll need to set up a place where you can hold meetings and get together..start now so that if the time comes you are all closer and well adapted to each others personalities.

7. Maintain a level of respect for all those who you allow in your group..for in the end it is all of yours group and not just yours.

This is how I would start and I'm sure with more time and thought the goals of the group will become more defined and useful..I too am looking to do this exact thing in my area.

Excellent points!! This is exactly the kind of things I'm looking for. I'm hoping to get a lot of input and then I will take it upon myself to put things into action and help others around the world get prepared as best I can.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
People from Southeast Nebraska or surrounding reachable area feel free to PM me.
This is a most excellent idea that to this point has been more talk then actual actions.
If a few people start making baby steps reaching out to other people it will make a big difference very fast.
(Hopes he gets some PMs [from people who aren't extraordinarily creepy])

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
People in the Denver/Colo.Springs/Boulder area feel free to contact me [email protected]

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Excellent idea my friends, though I do suggest we set up a separate site as I believe "recruiting" is against the T&C and we don't want the conversation ended.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
well i am in metro vancouver, so my first instinct would be to head east into the valleys and lower mountain ranges to fish and have fresh water. not sure how many like minded individuals there are around here so if your thinking the same as me let me know, other then that i wouldnt mind heading south into the US depending where to meet people.
we'd have to build and maintain an outpost of some kind

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
I'm in the U.K , London. I have an area in mind in Kent, high ground, not too many people.. The area has good underground wells nearby, woods and few people. It would be ideal for a few families or individuals. I have already started my planning but many hands make light work.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I certainly will I have a few appointments at the moment but will be getting in touch with you as well as others on here thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
This is excellent stuff please keep it going this is what we need to get started I am in az. if anyone wants to get a base started from here i have multiple skills and talents and can contribute a great deal!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Great get me more info more than area to go to is great

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
I have wanted to connect also, and have wished there were some way of doing it that did not attract the attention of TPTB/authorities.
We must be very careful of connecting with strangers whose backgrounds we dont know...
I would not be surprised if some LEO Official saw this sort of thing as a threat, militia, cult, whatever and authorized something that turns out tragic.
Call me paranoid if you like, but that has always been in the back of my mind in regards to this sort of thing

Peace

top topics

<<   2 >>

join