It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Great post, but did you need to write a novel?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Why do people write a book for a post? Is it really necessary?

I mean its great you have an opinion about a subject, and fantastic that you're passionate about your ideas. Seriously though, i wonder if people realize that their posts are skimmed though if not completely overlooked when they're 20,000 words long.

Perhaps its just me... i can deal with a few paragraphs, even a few pages if its necessary, but pages and pages of scripture? Or even people that post 25 links, 5 videos, and 6 pages of rambling!!!

Why not just start your own topic ffs!

*sigh*

/end rant

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Being lazy about reading is your problem not everyone elses.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The longer the post - the more information could potentially be added/contributed to the thread. IMO, It's hardly anything to rant about. And if you don't like it, simply don't read it. Simples.

Some actually put a lot of time and effort into their posts. If anything, they should be praised for it.

EDIT: Sometimes a lot of information has to be added to get an important point across properly also. Surely this can only be a good thing, yes?
edit on 22-4-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dominus1
reply to post by Akragon

Being lazy about reading is your problem not everyone elses.

Yup, no doubt!

Thats why this is my rant, not everyone elses

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
tl;dr

Good point though! But what I really hate are huge walls without proper paragraph breaks and run-on sentences. That's even harder than reading a long rambling post that talks in circles or does too much cross-referencing such that it doesn't tell much itself.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes I agree, I don't have all day to sit and read page after page either. So like someone else said

I start to skim, and I'm thinking: "Will you get to the f----ing point already!" Usually I give up and start reading the responses just so I can figure out what it was all about.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I agree fully.
To the members in question: Could you please just put a bit more thought into your posts and condense your basic ideas so that I just may actually bother to read them? This would be so much easier for everyone, yourselves included.

.....BTW, sorry if I kind of sound like an a-hole.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

edit on 29-4-2011 by BiGGz because: comment deleted

new topics

top topics

join