It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan: Fukushima 50 criticise 'inconsistent' information

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Japan: Fukushima 50 criticise 'inconsistent' information

www.telegraph.co.uk

Fukishima 50 are starting to talk to the news and what they have to say is not good. At all.

"However, concerns have been raised over the fact that the Japanese government took a "special measure" to raise radiation exposure levels from the normal total of 100 millisieverts up to 250 millisieverts in order to deal with the current crisis.

There were further claims that some workers were not being required to register their radiation exposure, which they feared could create future issues..."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
If this isn't shades of 9/11 where the first responders were left to wallow, I don't know what is. These people are going to die trying to save us all and THIS is how they're being repaid by the utility company and government. Makes me SICK!!!

First they raise the 'acceptable' doses of radiation, now there are claims that workers are not being required to register their doses??? Add that to the fact that only 'team leads' were wearing dosimeters a few weeks back. WOW. People should be in jail for this kind of treatment of 'heroes'. The TEPCO guys and Japanese government need to bow so far they kiss their own @sses goodbye.

www.telegraph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-4-2011 by crazyray because: spelling

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I honestly think Japan is being pressurised to change it's own rules and be as ambiguous as possible by outside forces to prevent the economic fear mongering spreading like a contagion..

We know how the markets work and how many thrive on making as much money as they can from these disasters.. it is sad that ultimately lives are being put at risk to keep this corrupt and broken system going.
edit on 22/4/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Do you still believe that the nuclear industry players are not blood relatives?

Japan has to cover up their failures and the result of them so that all its brothers and sisters around the world can keep claiming cheap, clean and safe power.

The instant they dont the others will wash TEPCO's dirty laundry in public to save their own profits and maintain their stations are safe.

I dont do predictions and the above is not one. It's pretty much fact. Time will show it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Nuclear is history...but only if people ever know the truth.

There is an element of UK, US and other governments burying the situation as they are all pushing to build new nuclear plant. The last thing they need is for people to realize that the plants in Japan are "modern" and "safe" like the new plants they intend(ed) to build, and for them to want a ban.

The new plant, regardless of what you want to call them are no different in design. BWR I think were on the agenda in the new builds, alongside PWR.
edit on 23-4-2011 by mirageofdeceit because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join