It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Tidbit...

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

It's the way I am, I don't believe everything I read without scrutiny. All I'm saying is, in a public forum you need to use as much tact as possible. There is a lot of disinformation floating around, more than too much.
And get use to being challenged, that's what this place is all about, don't let it get to you.

And I did say, I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say have a great visit.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

It's good to know that you have left the military Industrial complex, and now you are genuinely engaged in helping people
. And thanks for sharing your encounter with the masons. But I strongly advise you that you should not join freemasonry. The reason being simple, freemasonry destroys free will of its members and replaces it with the will of the masters of the masonic cult. To accomplish this they use various thought reform techniques upon its members. In short you will become a programmed robot without you yourself knowing that.

University of Newcastle.

Masonic writer J.D. Buck...refers to the misuse of initiatory knowledge as ‘black magic’ and aligns this with the use of hypnosis for cruel purposes. He acknowledges that within the fraternity there has been abuse of this knowledge and says, “the Hypnotist can not reduce the mind of a trusting but ignorant brother to the condition of imbecility without facing the law that counts such a crime as no less than murder.”

As James observes, mystical experiences are often accompanied by a sense that the will is being superseded by some superior power. Hypnotism clearly involves a loss of will and may suggest a related physiological process. Anton Mesmer first demonstrated the practice throughout the Masonic Lodges of Europe.

Martin Short’s discussion of the Order in Britain argues that, “there are elements in Freemasonry that bring out the worst in some men.” Based on discussions with some of the families of Freemasons he asks why the Masonic symbols, oaths and rituals “can so prey upon a Freemason’s brain that he feels compelled to commit the most appalling acts, even against his own family”.

A masonic cultist always sees himself and his cult as saviors of humanity, for him non masons in the society are ignorant and corrupt and he is better than all the non masons. This type of egoistical thinking only restrain any type of moral or spiritual growth. "welcome to the secret society forum " - Like Freemasons own this forum.

University of Newcastle.

The Masonic Lodges, with their commitment to secrecy and the ‘mystery’ thus drew to its fold a body of initiates who saw themselves as a new elite separated and protected from profane society and existing outside the established moral boundaries.

So if you want to become morally corrupt and egoistical you can join freemasonry, as the moral values which they impart, are very different from the moral values inherently present in every human being. Since you are going to meet them, I think you should ask them about the difference between the "good men" and the "better men" as stated in their motto - "we make good men better". I am sure they will cite the same characteristics which are already present in any good man like you. This alone will tell you, that freemasonry is not what Freemasons portray it as, no need to ask them about other horrific facts. Best of luck with whatever decision you make.

edit on 23-4-2011 by illuminazislayer because: Link.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by illuminazislayer

how can anyone take you seriously? It makes for a good fairy tale I suppose.

Even better question -- are you taking yourself seriously? Or are you just a troll?

If you aren't a troll (I think you are), nobody can rebut or refute your post because most of your posts here are just completely wrong.

I recommend that you start from scratch and throw out any knowledge you have of Masons and start over.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by illuminazislayer
A masonic cultist always sees himself and his cult as saviors of humanity...

The only group that can save humanity is humanity.

Ooops, was I not supposed to say that? I guess the Masonic brainwashing is wearing off......

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew

how can anyone take you seriously? It makes for a good fairy tale I suppose.

Even better question -- are you taking yourself seriously? Or are you just a troll?

If you aren't a troll (I think you are), nobody can rebut or refute your post because most of your posts here are just completely wrong.

I recommend that you start from scratch and throw out any knowledge you have of Masons and start over.

You must be a Freemason. Like I said before to the OP, biased people would come here and make it smell like a rose.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by hawaii50th

how does it make any sense when any person can take 5 minutes on the internet to find out all the so called "secrets" of Freemasonry? Forget about all the anti mason, pro christian sites, you can go ahead and find the real information in 1 google search. Or even better, talk to a mason in person... but most of you on here are cowards/basement dwellers/ trolls so you wouldn't.

With your thinking you probably hate all fraternities and sororities that ever existed right? College fraternities share far more privacy than Masons do. You can't just go look up secrets because there are members that actually do care about their oaths and secrets. Why don't you go bother them? There are many figures that have come from prominent fraternities other than Skull and Bones.

....and this is where I stop posting in the secret societies forum for a little while...
edit on 23-4-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by fordrew

Whatever, your the type that thinks everybody don't know nothing and are just, cowards/basement dwellers/ trolls because they don't agree to your way out there way of thinking.
Get a life.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

edit on 23-4-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
but most of you on here are cowards/basement dwellers/ trolls so you wouldn't.

Well, that's one opinion, here's another.... "most' of us poor, ignorant, and profane folks on here aren't hobnobbing, favor granting, accacia gnawing, self-righteous wannabe wizards either, but some of us know a hell of alot about freemasonry and choose not to post in this particular section of ATS anymore because of the racket like your previous post and the deluge of masonic members, shades, and mods here that are sure to follow on every thread. I don't live in a basement, I'm not a coward, and as for trolling, I can't imagine a better example of that than what I quoted from you above.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
do you understand that when you see multiple masons chime in, including the moderators, then gee maybe you should actually listen to them? Do you understand the term called consistency? Are all of us lying to you when we say something?

FIRST, we are not going against you, we are trying to help you UNDERSTAND. We are not against you because we too are on ATS reading and posting threads of similar nature to you. Otherwise we would not be on this site. It is very frustrating in this forum to try to help people if you do not understand.

www.masonicinfo.com...

www.masonicinfo.com...

Don't you think the insiders would know better than the ones on the outside?

How can a non Mason lecture a Mason on what is a Masonic symbol or what is a Masonic hand sign?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
reply to post by JoshNorton

That's true enough however none of them are sharing any "Secrets" so to speak. Or perhaps this old man just doesn't realize how the world has caught up to him and his little secret society. Either way it will be an interesting read!

None? I think this thread demonstrates the contrary...

I'm always amused at the perceptions and ignorant beliefs that permeate the profane.

For the record, I'm one of "them," you know... The unsharing types...

Secret Monkeys, not just for revealing the obvious anymore...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
My intention with this thread was to get some more insight into the whole Freemason thing, not a word war between Masons and Anti-Masons.

Some of you hater troglodytes need to see your way out.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
My intention with this thread was to get some more insight into the whole Freemason thing, not a word war between Masons and Anti-Masons.

Some of you hater troglodytes need to see your way out.

You know what they say about opinions

The problem with Masons and Antis is long standing here... and I give up. The FIRST time I mentioned my ex Marine husband being a mason for some twenty odd yrs, me being active in the OES and the kids with Jobs.. I received posts hoping my husband would be killed in Afgh and that my children be removed from me and I be prosecuted for allowing them to be molested for ritual purposes. Nice, eh? Let's keep denying ignorance.

You've made some contacts with others on here and they can answer questions rationally and perhaps give you can idea what you can ask your new friend about.. regardless of your intention to join or simply question out of curiosity. Better than these mysterious non-secrets, the stories a man of that age can tell should be by far more enlightening and interesting IMO!

Have a great Easter

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

32º aint that hard to get

If it intrigues you, join. If it doesn't, don't. His lodge might be boring. Another might be exciting. One might have "your kind of people", another may not. Lodges are not uniform, and like people they have personality. Personally, if you do join, I suggest visiting a few of them and try and get the feel of the differences. In most cities there are several. An example would be my "home" lodge was an older subdued crowd and there really wasn't much going on. My new lodge goes out for drinks (a lot) and karaoke every week, a very young energetic lodge.

The actual "secrets" you will "learn" throughout the ordeal of becoming a Master Mason, then you'll discover the Scottish Rite isn't all it's cracked up to be, as the York Riters will surely remind anyone who will listen.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I don't really care about "secrets" because I believe that there is most likely nothing mind blowing. It's all hyperbole IMO.

As stated before I am more interested in this man's stories.

I will most likely check out the local lodge out of curiosity and knowing more people can never be a bad thing. It's all about networking.

I really don't see Masons being all that much different then the American Legion or VA lodges that I already belong to.

I would also like to thank the current Masons who chimed in on this thread.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
What is the reason that alot of members of the scottish rite, dont make it past the 32nd degree? I know the 33rd is only by invatation, and that it takes "Outstanding service to the craft" but really can someone enlighten me?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lucysadvocate

Most SR Masons don't really follow the Rite, in fact most don't even see all of the degrees.

SOME though, are absolutely dedicated to Scottish Rite, as some are dedicated to York Rite and so on. Some guys put in full time job hours into perfecting degrees and ensuring the next reunion goes off perfectly.. And some men go to extraordinary lengths to support Masonic charities, to assist some one in the community, be an exemplary leader etc..

The 33rd degree isn't special in that they are bestowed secret knowledge.. it's kept "exclusive" because it's supposed to high light the importance of the mans commitment to Craft and Charity. If it was "easy" and "everyone" could do it, becoming a 33rd would be quite meaningless. This is why 33rd's are so well respected, because most of the time they truly should be. Personally, I've never met a mean 33rd .. always the friendliest and most outgoing and helpful.

Keep in mind though no degree is higher than 3.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

We don't destroy individuality nor do we take away one's will. Freemasonry isn't some all consuming. We all have lives outside the Order. I mean if we have been changed and programmed you would think our loved ones and associates would have noticed something strange. Alas you don't see this.

Where do we ever say that we are the saviors of humanity?

reply to post by hawaii50th

And others will come to say a rose is really dung.

reply to post by twitchy

I'm sorry you consider yourself profane, but please show where we are favor granting (nepotism)?

I do hope you do go visit one of the local Lodges and make your own opinions and decision, not by the war of words here.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by KSigMason
...but please show where we are favor granting?

Remember when you asked me if if that hat made you look dumb and I said 'no'?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join