It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Interesting Tidbit...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
So as some of you may know, since leaving military service I have been working in emergency medical services as an emergency medical technician. I usually work nights from 1900 to 0700. After a fairly boring night, our tones went off for a fall victim that needed assistance.

We arrive at the home and find a 94 year old man that had missed his chair while attempting to sit down and ended up on the floor, unable to get back on his feet. First responders stated that he seemed a little disoriented and confused. We did our assessment and found our 94 year old patient to have no injuries. We convinced him to go to the hospital to get checked out as we were concerned for his initial level of mental status.

Just a quick lesson for those unfamiliar with EMS. We have ALS (advanced life support) and BLS (basic life support). During the night we usually have one EMT (BLS provider) and one Paramedic (ALS provider).

Due the the patients altered mental status, local protocols state the patient goes ALS.

Ok, now for the point of this whole thing and I apologize for drawing it out...just trying to paint the picture, so to speak.

This patient was a founding chief of the local volunteer fire department and my paramedic partner is 2nd Assistant of the same department. We got the patient to the hospital without incident and upon finishing our required paperwork, we were speaking to the patient and his son. I was standing at the foot of the bed and noticed a shiny ring on the patients hand. I looked a little closer and thought I saw the Freemason compass and square. I walked to the side of the bed and took a closer look and sure enough, it was a shiny gold Freemason ring.

The son informed me that our patient has been a Freemason for 65 years. I asked what degree he was and they both said at the same time, "32nd degree!"

Needless to say I was a little shocked and surprised. I asked a few questions as I am not completely up to speed on the subject of Freemasonry. Joking around I said something to the effect of...if he is a 32nd degree mason then he probably has some stories and secrets to tell. The patient as his son, again at the same time, said "you have no idea!" Now I was even more intrigued and have been invited to his home for a drink and conversation. He told me I can ask any questions I like. He also wants me to go to the local lodge and become a member.

I will go and talk to him, but I have no idea what to ask. Any suggestions? Also, would it be advisable or not to even join?

Just thought some of you my find this interesting.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
The son informed me that our patient has been a Freemason for 65 years. I asked what degree he was and they both said at the same time, "32nd degree!"

Needless to say I was a little shocked and surprised. I asked a few questions as I am not completely up to speed on the subject of Freemasonry. Joking around I said something to the effect of...if he is a 32nd degree mason then he probably has some stories and secrets to tell. The patient as his son, again at the same time, said "you have no idea!" Now I was even more intrigued and have been invited to his home for a drink and conversation. He told me I can ask any questions I like. He also wants me to go to the local lodge and become a member.

I will go and talk to him, but I have no idea what to ask. Any suggestions? Also, would it be advisable or not to even join?
Welcome to the Secret Societies forum. Feel free to ask him whatever you like. For that matter, ask whatever you like here as well. There are about a dozen regular posters in this forum who are Masons, and probably 2/3 of us are 32° in the Scottish Rite as well. It's really not that astonishing a thing. But we'll be happy to answer any questions you might have to the best of our abilities.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

Whether or not you join will be your choice and let nobody sway you in either direction. As far as questions go I would let them form naturally after they share some of those secrets. I would definetly not tell them about this site though. Can't wait for a full report Soldier!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by iLoGiCViZiOnS
I would definetly not tell them about this site though.
Why not? You realize there are probably have half dozen or more mods or supermods on ATS who are Masons, right?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by JoshNorton

That's true enough however none of them are sharing any "Secrets" so to speak. Or perhaps this old man just doesn't realize how the world has caught up to him and his little secret society. Either way it will be an interesting read!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Ask him what he thiNks about The upcomIng wedding with prinCe william, the timing and the bloodlines of his family.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Well I was really just joking with him when I said what I said. My guess would be that he has more stories then secrets. The man is 94 years old, if he does not have stories then he had one boring life. I am 36 and have many stories already.

It's just amazing who you come across working EMS...
edit on 22-4-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

I'm sure his stories about founding a fire department are far more interesting than anything he'll have to say about Masonry. But do talk to him. If it sounds like Masonry is something you'd be interested in, ask him to sign a petition for you.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

I would definetly not tell them about this site though.
Why not? You realize there are probably have half dozen or more mods or supermods on ATS who are Masons, right?

Sure I do but hes an old man with old inclinations. I wouldn't tell him about the site so he doesn't feel threatened in any way by it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

As a brother paramedic for 19 years and a Freemason I can tell you one of the most profound and comforting things about death was said to me by a patient I was rushing to the hospital for a brain bleed.

This was his second or third in about three months, one was a full arrest and he had been resuscitated. As I sat with him while we rumbled down the highway I introduced myself as JW of my local lodge after noticing his Scottish Rite ring.

I told him the hospital would take good care of him and he had nothing to worry about. He said, "Son, I'm not worried. I'm ready." with a big smile, "You see, I've been to the other side and I've seen what it's like. It's wonderful, so no matter what happens this time I'm ready."

Brother, I can't tell you one way or another whether you should join a lodge. In my experience what I learned from Freemasonry has given me great comfort when taking care of patients, and a great deal of guilt for the ones I couldn't save has lifted.

It helped me a great deal. If you want to swap 'war stories' or want info send me a private message!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Whether or not you join will be your choice and let nobody sway you in either direction. As far as questions go I would let them form naturally after they share some of those secrets. I would definetly not tell them about this site though. Can't wait for a full report Soldier!

Well that's pretty amazing. Seems like you know everything about the world, the military and Freemasonry.

It's even more amazing that you know more than a veteran and the man he took care of that spent 65 years doing it.

Hey everybody! The guy who knows everything is finally here! Huzzah!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

You should have not said anything about this on this forum until you had met with him and asked all the questions you could have thought to ask.
Now that you let the cat out of the bag here, you will be met with biased answers and only positive remarks from those who claim to be Freemasons.
Unless of course your just leading on, and waiting to see what kind of reaction you get on here. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say have a great visit.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Ask him what he thiNks about The upcomIng wedding with prinCe william, the timing and the bloodlines of his family.

curious how if one were to take just the capital letters in your statement you would have ANTIC... are you cHoosing youR letters as Implying something about the anticS of this person, or did you mean to imply someThing about the prince?

see what I did there...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Not sure why you would say such a thing.

I, unlike most people (not so much around here), am able to take both sides of a story and make my own decisions without being swayed by one party or another. There is no problem with asking opinions of others, is there?

Why would I come on here and post about something that did not happen. There was no "cat let out of the bag" as you so eloquently put it. I was pretty vague. I gave no hint of names or locations.

I don't appreciate your accusations. If you have nothing constructive to add, I ask you kindly to see your way out of this thread and let those of us that have an interest in the subject speak like adults.

Originally posted by hawaii50th

You should have not said anything about this on this forum until you had met with him and asked all the questions you could have thought to ask.
Now that you let the cat out of the bag here, you will be met with biased answers and only positive remarks from those who claim to be Freemasons.
Unless of course your just leading on, and waiting to see what kind of reaction you get on here. I will give you the benefit of the doubt and say have a great visit.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Acid_Burn2009 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoshNorton

Yes, we're all painfully aware of the grip you guys have on this forum.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

The Scottish Rite has nothing to do with British Royalty.

reply to post by twitchy

The mods are very fair and balanced here as there are far more non-Masons that actual Masons who are Mods. If a mod takes part in a thread they won't act as a moderator and plus, look at the various threads that make horrific claims and call us every name under the sun.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1

Well that's pretty amazing. Seems like you know everything about the world, the military and Freemasonry.

It's even more amazing that you know more than a veteran and the man he took care of that spent 65 years doing it.

Hey everybody! The guy who knows everything is finally here! Huzzah!

Um I'm not real sure where you get that I said I know everything from what you quoted me but from your comment I am going away comforted that it would appear I at least know more then you about some things.....one would be MANNERS! Get SOME!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
BTW, I was a Marine, not a soldier. Big difference.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Acid_Burn2009
BTW, I was a Marine, not a soldier. Big difference.

Darn...I was hoping you were ex-Navy Med kin...so sorry you went Marine!!

(Kidding of course...HOORAH!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Huh, interesting thread, follow your truth not your curiosity.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join