It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NSA wants $896.5 million to build new supercomputing complex

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Although I haven't been to the Fort since December of 2004, the supercomputer building was pretty damn big and housed MANY supercomputers. As if the intelligence budget isn't high enough already, and I'm talking about the REAL one, not the one they tell us is the real one at around 80 billion or so. Ridiculous.

www.frontsidebus.net...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Imightknow

Why not give it to them?? We are already spending money we don't have and so far nobody has taken anything back....Oh wait, that's because they aren't "regular" people so they can spend money with a 15 trillion dollar debt. Must be nice

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I wonder how powerful computer you could build with $896.5 million...
I bet it gonna have epic frame rate in games

on a more serious note, perhaps its supposed to be used to decrypt live communication with E.T
edit on 22-4-2011 by Vandalour because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
The NSA is gonna start taking our body parts and selling them... I'll volunteer my testicle as long as I get 20% of the 25,000 I should get

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Whyd eos nasa need this supercomputer? i was a fan of NASA, up till the late 90's, when it seemed they were launching staleittes, commerical and communications msotly, ALL the stupid damn time. growing up in the 80;s n ealry 90;s i wa so into astronomy, and looking at things NASA had sent and never done before, to the planets...the Voyager missions, galileo, cassini, mariner missions, viking, Pioneer missions, ulysses...it goes on and on..those were the days, oh and Magellan to venus. those were things too look forward too, exploring a new world, mapping it out. now thats its all been done, its still fun to return time to time, take pictures, see how temepratures n weather have changed or not, even maybe plan a robot missiion to surface of mercury! see how the sun zips across the sky, or to venus, prividng it dosnt melt* they dont have bright minds like that anymore...
now its computers, a retired backhorse, the shuttle, and satellites to look for gamma rays, how old the universe is, things like that. their sending a satellite to pLuto, 2015 i think? New horizons. to do a flyby* 4 1/2 billion miles, and a decade, t simply do a flyby* thats an effin waist of time n money. they could at least taken that $800 million and invested it into orbiting a bit around pluto, to study it, isntead of darting by and basically throwing metal and precious metlas were not ever gunna get back otno this planet, out into deep space after that.
NASA has really lost their creativity and edge. even the skylab missions for its day were fun and ahead of their time!@

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Remember few years ago, NASA sent the shuttle up with a metric ton of water, and let it out into space just too see what would happen?
thats when you know dumb dumbs are running NASA,a nd getting fudning for it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
They just built an ENORMOUS NSA center on millitary drive in San Antonio, what more do these people need???
edit on 22-4-2011 by pyrodude because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

I believe the article is referring to the National Security Agency. Not Nasa.

www.nsa.gov...

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah - The National Security Agency and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers broke ground today on a $1.2 billion data center at Camp W.G. Williams National Guard Post here. The massive, one million square-foot facility currently is the largest U.S. Department of Defense project in the nation.

www.nsa.gov/public_info/press_room/2011/utah_groundbreaking_ceremony.s html

Blank checks get you a really big facility. I know this is a different facility, but it gives you an idea of what the NSA is about.
edit on 22-4-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Blank checks is right, and the NSA gets the most out of everybody.

I wonder how our education system would rank amongst the world if it received Intelligence Community money. I'm not saying our intelligence isn't vital because it is much more vital then just about everyone knows and can understand. All I'm saying is that the intelligence community needs to go through a top to bottom audit. They probably stand just as good of a chance of getting this audit as the federal reserve does of getting theirs. But in all seriousness, they is a tremendous amount of "wasted resources" simply because of lack of communication and sharing of resources amongst our own people.

new topics

top topics

join