It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney tops weak Barack Obama in New Hampshire, poll shows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Link

Mitt Romney is the only Republican candidate leading President Obama in New Hampshire, according to a new poll from Dartmouth College's Nelson A. Rockefeller Center.
Continue Reading

In the center’s fourth “State of the State” survey, Romney tops Obama in a general election match-up by 8 points, 47 percent to 39 percent.

Finally a Republican is able to top Obama in a New England state by a considerable margin. Now I want to see how Romney does against Obama in Massachusetts (where he was governor) and in Maine. An 8 point lead by Romney in a swing state in New England is something for him to get very excited about. I must admit that I too am excited that a Moderate Republican is also leading the GOP pack in the primaries.

One other telling thing from this story is about Colin Powell, look how well he does against Obama in this New England swing state.

In one telling bit of data, the poll tested former Secretary of State Colin Powell as a Republican presidential candidate and found that he would defeat Obama by 20 points, 48 percent to 28 percent.

I do not know much about Powell other than the fact he is a self-described “Rockefeller Republican” (which makes me happy) but unfortunately he worked with the Bush administration which makes me sit back again.
edit on 4/22/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i dont like romney i really dont like any republicans getting the press coverage right now

obama is going to be there for another 4 more years.

romney can't win
edit on 22-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Well it's only one poll but I've been saying that for years. He's not well liked in his own party though. Too bad, he's the man for the job.

*awaits the smears against him, by Conservatives*

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I await attack too. I consider myself a Republican but by the right-wing hijackers I am a ‘RINO’. Fact is Lincoln, Roosevelt, Hoover, Eisenhower, Nixon, and Ford would have all be considered ‘RINO’s by modern day Republican standards.

Romney/Powell 2012! Real Republicans, real solutions, for a real future!

*This is not to exclude Ron Paul, I like him too*

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Right, what poll was that, the Mitch McConnell poll?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
real republicans? he forced healthcare on his own people.

it was his way or the highway how will he be any difference than obama.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
real republicans? he forced healthcare on his own people.

BS. That is what the people of Massachusetts wanted. He listened and gave it to them. Can you think of another politician, no matter what their political bent, listens to their constituents?

Edit to add: Don't listen to the neocon drivel.
edit on 22-4-2011 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Mitt Romney is scum, just like the rest of em. Am I supposed to be happy that my state is still too stupid to realize this?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Mitt Romney was gov. of Mass so to some extent is considered a hometown boy to nieghboring New Hampshire. He also placed behind Huckabee and Trump in a recent GOP nationwide poll. So I am not sure what the odds are he could successfully compete in other swing states outside of NH.

Powell? He might have worked for GWB, but the record shows that he disagreed with him often and the administration tried to marginalize him as best they could. I am not sure being x-bush admin would hinder him much, but I am not sure he would run either....very few good and honest men these days would put themselves up for the insane circus our politics have become and Powell would be attacked by both the left AND the right as he is not far right enough for many of the current GOP. If Powell could manage a run as an independant he might have a chance, he wouldn't have to fight for the GOP nomination and he could reel in voters from both ends of the spectrum, but again...I don't think he wants the job.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

i dont like romney i really dont like any republicans getting the press coverage right now

romney can't win

Absolutely.

Barack Hussein Obama II is pre-ordained to 'serve' the USA for another term.

Of course, in reality, it doesn't matter whether it's Romney, Obama, Palin, Clinton (Mrs), Paul (Snr), Kucinich, or Coco the clown.

I expect everything to proceed ''smoothly'', regardless of who the POTUS is.

edit on 22-4-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Romney is the only viable candidate so far as I can see who can run against Obama. I do believe his nomination to the Republican position will be significant because it will force the evangelical segment of the republican party to vote for whom they believe best fits their views of running the country, not necessarily that of religion.

As for whether Romney will be any better than Obama and previous presidents, well no, obviously. He has supported for years measures like the patriot act, the Iraq war and he even introduced a healthcare bill similar to Obama's.

It's still early days though, pritty sure there will be other viable candidates coming out soon enough.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

romney can't win

Absolutely.

Barack Hussein Obama II is pre-ordained to 'serve' the USA for another term.

People who talk like this only allow it to happen. Your vote does count and if you don't vote, you can't complain in my opinion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I'd vote for Powell in a second, but I seriously doubt he will ever run. He didn't seem to enjoy the Bush White House very much, and doesn't seem to fit into politics.

I believe he'd beat Obama without even trying though..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

He has supported for years measures like the patriot act, the Iraq war and he even introduced a healthcare bill similar to Obama's.

So then we'd have Obama vs Obama. Yay.

I vote the only way I know will "count" .. 3rd party, let the two parties know I don't like them.

new topics

top topics

join