It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Former New Mexico Governor Gary Johnson Throws His Hat Into the 2012 Ring. Another Good Businessman.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius
If you don't think business men should be politicians, who would you prefer? Career politicians generally haven't worked out too well for us as yet.

It is not that I think Businessmen make poor politicians. There are overlapping qualities have application to politics, but success measured in pure capitalistic terms...Successful Businessman = Successful Politician is a particularly dangerous view to embrace. If we hadn't had the economic crisis, Bernie Madoff would not have been exposed for the most succesful thief in the history of mankind...get it? Many of the Millionaires and Billionaires amongst us...not all...but many are mildly sociapathic IMO. We can elect very successful businessmen, but should be ever vigilant to distinguish between financial success and the ability to govern to the peoples advantage and interest.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Ted Bundy was not a millionaire. Sounds pretty stereotypical to say that millionaires and billionaires are sociopaths. When one begins equating success with sociopathy...............

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ccponzi

Ted Bundy was not a millionaire. Sounds pretty stereotypical to say that millionaires and billionaires are sociopaths. When one begins equating success with sociopathy...............

First off ...define "success"...for me money is only part of the equation and not the most important. For those that define success with Money topping the list...that means family, religion, morals, scruples, compassion, honesty etc. take a back seat.

I do not claim that all Millionaires and Billionaires place money first and formost amongst thier values, but yes...many of them do...what percentage? I don't know, but enough in my opinion to understand that financial success does not mean, by default, that you have the best interest of your fellow human beings in mind and it confuses me when people simply assume a financially successful person would make a great politician.

Well it doesn't really confuse me...we are taught to worship money in America.

Secondly...read my post again...then read yours...don't attribute claims to me I did not make.

Many of the Millionaires and Billionaires amongst us...not all...but many are mildly sociapathic IMO.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Interesting interview 2 parts very much lays out what he's all about.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

If you want to become a millionaire, or billionaire, you need to be fairly singular minded and prepared to work 12 to 20 hours per day. Donald Trump once said he never slept more than two hours a day in his rise to wealth and prominence.

And I don't think it would be fair to call Donald Trump a sociopath because he was so driven to success, do you?

And I've heard Gary Johnson say that he stayed awake many a nights building his corporation to the extent he hired a thousand people.
edit on 25-4-2011 by ccponzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

Good vids. Thanks.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If you want to become a millionaire, or billionaire, you need to be fairly singular minded and prepared to work 12 to 20 hours per day. Donald Trump once said he never slept more than two hours a day in his rise to wealth and prominence.

And anyone with drive cannot be dishonest? Not sure what the point is? Did Bernie Madoff and the few dozen other near Billionaires that tried to flee the country, fake thier own death etc. when the extreme financial circumstances revealed they were stealing money...did they not exist?

My point is simple and remains the same....Financial Success does not equal GOOD PEOPLE....some are, but electing politicians based on thier net worth is psychotic.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

The default in your area of logic is that you will find the one in a million sociopath to make as an example of an entire generation.

Why not say that if Barry Bonds can hit 700 home runs, then every major league baseball player should do the same? But you'd rather say that if Joe Blpptzzgg doesn't make it in the majors, that nobody should make it in the majors.

You overgeneralize and stereotype your definitions of those who make successes out of their lives.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

You overgeneralize and stereotype your definitions of those who make successes out of their lives.

I have qualified my statements repeatedly...some...not all...and mildly sociapathic.....And you repeatedly misconstrue what I have posted. Deliberate obtuseness as far as I can tell unless you think Bernie Madoff and crew are just swell folks.

You apparently have chosen to hold to your view that success in the world of finance or business automaticly means that those people are good at heart and inately qualified to govern a country. I disagree.

You can keep that view and in the meanwhile I have lost interest in debating someone who repeatedly and dishonestly misconstrues the very simple statements I have made.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

You overgenarlize and stereotype everything I say in response to your overgenarlizations and stereotypes of sociopathic evidences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join