It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush on Anti-Depressants

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Bin Laden was training soldiers to fight against the United States and sending them to our shores in the early 1990s. “Sentiments” is far too kind a word, though admittedly I used it first. He was recruiting people with the sole intent to kill Americans. That, to me, makes him a priority target. Whether the CIA chose to capture or kill him is not the issue, the issue is that Clinton failed to act on information they gave him. But you are right, this has nothing to do with the original topic of the thread.

I suspect that if Bill, Hillary, or JohnJohn were the target of this article, the Democrats would be calling foul and stating that it was right-wing propaganda. If you look at it from a non-partisan point of view, simply on the facts, you can see that there are very few. The piece is filled with opinions that conveniently fit the title and the message they are trying to convey. The people who should be interviewed, the president and his physician, are not.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by para
Bin Laden was training soldiers to fight against the United States and sending them to our shores in the early 1990s. “Sentiments” is far too kind a word, though admittedly I used it first. He was recruiting people with the sole intent to kill Americans.

Yes, but how much of this was known at the time?

That, to me, makes him a priority target. Whether the CIA chose to capture or kill him is not the issue, the issue is that Clinton failed to act on information they gave him. But you are right, this has nothing to do with the original topic of the thread.

Not only does it have nothing to do with the thread topic, it has nothing to do with Clinton lies causing deaths. As I already pointed out, action or inaction is not a lie.

I suspect that if Bill, Hillary, or JohnJohn were the target of this article, the Democrats would be calling foul and stating that it was right-wing propaganda. If you look at it from a non-partisan point of view, simply on the facts, you can see that there are very few.

No, actually the facts are there. But they are from anonymous sources, thus open to question.

The piece is filled with opinions that conveniently fit the title and the message they are trying to convey. The people who should be interviewed, the president and his physician, are not.

As I commented before, do you expect Capitol Hill Blue to ask the President about the veracity of reports that he is a paranoid megalomaniac? Because of doctor-patient confidentiality, the White House physician could not answer any questions.

Oh, by the way, thanks for bringing the thread back on topic.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
this article to one of the major news organizations and see what they already know. Since the writer of the story is making a clear statement about this perhaps they would contact.

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
What is little Georgie sneaking Xanax with Noelle now?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
From “Hunting the Jackal”, Billy Waugh with Tim Keown:

Bin Laden was forming his al Qaeda cells right then, as I sat there watching and photographing from my little bamboo hut on the rooftop across the street. He had a training camp about twenty-five kilometers north of downtown Khartoum, across the White Nile Bridge in Omduman. These al Qaeda folks were out there exercising, throwing hand grenades, learning demolitions tactics. They were also learning communications skills, like telephone tapping. We knew about it, but we couldn’t get out there. The police blocked off every exit, prohibiting us from getting a look. The Sudanese were working in conjunction with bin Laden.

also:

This wasn’t an elaborate plan – two vehicles, two men, one weapon. We didn’t need any advanced tech support – especially given where we were. Sudan was, and is, a rowdy, lawless place, with little in the way of rules and not too many people interested in following them. The PSO, the bumbling group of Sudanese security in charge of watching us, was so inept that killing bin Laden would have been met with almost no obstacles. To get away clean, after the fact, would have almost been too easy.

Billy Waugh is an ex-green beret who worked with SOG in Vietnam and went on to work as an IC for the CIA. When first tasked with watching bin Laden in 1991, they didn’t know much about him. By the time he left the country (’94?), they knew plenty. Enough to devise a plan for executive action, one that was canned by Clinton.

My previous post may not have had much to do with the topic of the thread, but it had everything to do with the discussion at hand. He may not have lied outright, but we didn’t hear the whole story either. Regardless, I do not have much else constructive to add so I digress for the time being.

[edit on 7/29/04 by para]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join