It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush on Anti-Depressants

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
President Bush is on Anti-Depressants to keep his foul mood swings in check.

www.capitolhillblue.com
President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President�s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looks like our President may be going crazy!

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Banshee]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'm not a Bush supporter....but if I were running a country, had half the country against me, I'd need them too....no big deal really.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Great, nothing wrong with having a president with his finger on the button while taking mind altering drugs... What happened to this country? We have so many people on various drugs we can't find our own butts with both hands.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:32 AM
link   
While all for the mainstream press, and even as a repulican I freely admit the Dubya has "issues" this source really is not even close to being unbiased.

It seem kind of like getting smoking information from the Tobacco Institute.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   
While I tend to believe the information in the report, I'd love to see an independant confirmation of it (preferably by one of the big news organizations.)

It looks like the news broke 2 hours ago. Let's see if there's a followup somewhere.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I don't support Bush, but this really isn't anything new in the White House. What I mean is, I recently saw a documentary on JFK (around the anniversary of his death). You'd be surprised to know how much medication he was on. They kept it a secret because of fear that he would get kicked out of office. Now, if Bush can't handle being in office, then he should resign. Wow, I can't believe I'm actually sticking up for Bush......life always seams to amaze me.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   

impair the President�s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities

Is this why he keeps falling down all the time.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Well, this thread led me to purchase mud-pit access, so I better get my 500 points worth!
A few comments..

First, does anyone know what drugs specifically he is on? Some anti-depressants serve several functions, one of which is to help with substance addiction. I've always had doubts that Bush was entirely off the coke... the main reason being that whole "pretzel choking" incident. I think what really happened was he went on either an alcohol or a coke binge. But also, addiction to both booze and coc aine are hard to kick. Not impossible, but hard, and when things get stressful, there's all the more temptation to go back on them.

Second, even if he is on anti-depressants, I don't think this impairs his ability to lead. Believe me, I have a lot of problems with Bush, and think he's unfit to lead for a host of other reasons, but being on anti-depressants is not one of them. The underlying causes of the depression perhaps, but anti-depressants if used correctly and under medical supervision do not nessecarily make you less capable to perform a job. I think a surprising number of people one would not expect (in politics and elsewhere) are on anti-depressants these days.

My two cents.

-koji K.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Are you sure it's not this:

LIFE WITH BIG BROTHER
Bush to screen population for mental illness
Sweeping initiative links diagnoses to treatment with specific drugs

www.worldnetdaily.com...=39078

Seems he's going to start with elementary school children... what a way to put your foot in the door... bastard...

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:27 PM
link   
GrndLkNatv, you should have posted this as a news article in ATSNN.com. It would have gotten a lot more exposure. The Mud Pit is really dead since they banned the Colonel and made new rules about insults and personal attacks.

Somehow, I missed your post, and tried to post this story as a news article. Naturally, my news thread was locked because you had already posted. You can see my comments and related links at the following link.

Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
So Bush is a paranoid meglomaniac, tell me something I don't know

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
President Bush is on Anti-Depressants to keep his foul mood swings in check.

www.capitolhillblue.com
President George W. Bush is taking powerful anti-depressant drugs to control his erratic behavior, depression and paranoia, Capitol Hill Blue has learned.

The prescription drugs, administered by Col. Richard J. Tubb, the White House physician, can impair the President�s mental faculties and decrease both his physical capabilities and his ability to respond to a crisis, administration aides admit privately.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Looks like our President may be going crazy!

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Banshee]

he need's the those drug's to counter act all of the coc aine he take's before he get's into the afternoon.

maybe we should send the white house a copy of this link so bush can listen to the Antdepressants song why he take's his med's

Antdepressants Song.
www.bobrivers.com...

Or we could just listen to what richard cheney had to say in his most recent radio address on the howard stern show.

Link to the howard stern richard cheney interview.
www.toostupidtobepresident.com...

Falcon

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
While all for the mainstream press, and even as a repulican I freely admit the Dubya has "issues" this source really is not even close to being unbiased.

It seem kind of like getting smoking information from the Tobacco Institute.

You can't just dismiss Capitol Hill Blue by claiming they have a left-wing bias. For a discussion of Capitol Hill Blue, see my post Bush Using Drugs to Control Depression, Erratic Behavior.

As I said in my post, they are actually disgruntled Republicans who are fed up with George Bush. Bush is coming under increasing fire from conservatives and Republicans, for example, Andrew Sullivan and Pat Buchanan. You also see the same trend on ATS from conservative libertarian posters like df1 and True Lies.

The only people still loyal to George Bush are Republican Party loyalists and right-wing Christian fundamentalist nutcases. To mangle a metaphor, the wheels are coming off the sinking ship.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Refraining from Bush bashing or reaching here, I'm seriously seeing something to this.

If you just look at the episodes over time, both emotional (like storming off stage) and from his increasing accident spiral:

Bush Falls Off Bike (AGAIN)

A picture develops with rosy red clarity of someone human resources would take aside in ANY OTHER JOB in America and request a psych eval (if not full blown treatement).

Sorry Boss, I fell off a couch...

Does that wash with anyone? WH Pretzel Scare

I've seen pictures of Bush (that claims to have stopped drinking cold turkey in 1986) clinking champagne glasses in Asia (as President) and swilling beer playing horseshoes (with gray hair he didn't have before '86) and just dismissed them each (at the time) as oh well, people lie.

But the pattern of lies and episodes should be becoming very familiar by now to anyone that's gone through this either themselves or with a loved one.

We need a serious effort to collect data and reports of these little anomolies and put a timeline together, with unpartisan analysis. An accident prone Commander and Chief is one thing, but an unstable, emotional man that either prefers the seclusion of the ranch over work or is hidden there by his betters is another.

I re-emphasize unpartisan (if that's even possible), which means both we don't make assumptions of active addiction or emotional distress without evidence OR we don't blindly defend against such a possiblity as sheer liberal fantasy. Thoughts?

Sorry if I'm hijacking, GrandLkNatv. Anyone interested can contact me U2U if this disrupts the thread. Thanks for bringing this new article up.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:57 PM
link   
RANT says

But the pattern of lies and episodes should be becoming very familiar by now to anyone that's gone through this either themselves or with a loved one.

We need a serious effort to collect data and reports of these little anomolies and put a timeline together, with unpartisan analysis.

Some of us are already systematically documenting the lies in the thread "Bush Lied?" Let�s Examine the Facts, started by Majic.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
Great, nothing wrong with having a president with his finger on the button while taking mind altering drugs... What happened to this country? We have so many people on various drugs we can't find our own butts with both hands.

Ummmm. I believe they calm you down...that's the point. I think it's good that he realizes he needs them...that's a plus...I just don't think it's any big deal that's my opinion

[Edited on 7/28/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Understood donguillermo.
Though I haven't read all of that yet.

But I meant more the personal silly lies like about drinking, never being arrested, falling off a couch (or anything provable) as a lie to cover possible emotional or addiciton related episodes. I already know his policy is a big yarn.

I guess it is hard to delinate though. What sober man lies about something like "We ran into a British Airways flight on the way to eat Turkey in Iraq and they we're like woahhhh, and we were like woahhhhh, and they were like um Air Force One? And we were like, yup...don't tell anyone."

Ah, Presidential drinking stories.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
OK now, tell the truth.....whos' confidence in the Presidient rose hearing this story?

(.....and how many just knew it couldn't possibly be true (and would bet their life savings on being right over it)? Hmmm?)

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
Ummmm. I believe they calm you down...that's the point. I think it's good that he realizes he needs them...that's a plus...I just don't think it's any big deal that's my opinion

Tranquilizers "calm you down" but wouldn't be recommended for an alcoholic like Bush. He's on anti-D's (supposedly) for 'depression' or more likely mood stabilization for swings between mania and depression.

They are also used alot after each relapse episode of alcoholism. But they aren't necessarily the harmless little brain candy everyone thinks. If you continue to drink on say Paxil, you're going to be extremely unstable. And some people just get worse on any anti-D. We've got a Anti-D suicide thread around here somewhere.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RANT
Understood donguillermo.
Though I haven't read all of that yet.

But I meant more the personal silly lies like about drinking, never being arrested, falling off a couch (or anything provable) as a lie to cover possible emotional or addiciton related episodes. I already know his policy is a big yarn.

Well, his lying about his arrest record is one of the lies we are investigating. We are looking for lies that have solid documentation both as to what Bush said, and that Bush's statement is demonstrably false.

That pretty much rules out the really big lies, like the Iraq/WMD lies and the Abu Ghraib/torture lies, because the administration has engaged in significant CYA and smokescreen activities concerning these lies.

But if you comb through things like Presidential speeches and interviews, you sometimes find statements which you just KNOW are not true. After a little work with Google, if you are lucky, you find smoking gun evidence that Bush was lying through his teeth.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join