It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Percieving the fourth dimension

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hi, this is just a thought i have spend lots of time on in history, but now i was finally able to write this down with a reasonable readable explanation.

I don't believe this exact theory is currently in any thread so i decided to post this.

I also hope it's as clear as you want it to be.

Here it goes:

What if each dimension is a new level of 'grouping' or 'collection' of thoughts.

Each dimension a bigger storage of toughts.

Each dimension a better understanding of the underlying thoughts of previous dimensions.

What if each [next] dimension is a more complex way of seeing through all the other lines (dimensions) of thoughts.

For example, take a thought and symbolize it as a simple block. 1 unit (block) for each thought.

Then multiply this block in a straight line, unlimited. This is the first dimension. Here you are able to generate thoughts one after another, with only the ability to take into account other thoughts.

Now for the second dimension, take all those blocks (imagine them lined in a horizontal direction) and multiply them all upwards (vertically), basicly creating a grid.
This is the second dimension. Here you can instantly think of 1 line of 'first dimension blocks' but also generate more (just as you did in the first dimension).
When you 'bring forth' those 1 dimension [line of] blocks, you will only percieve the 'global' outcome of that new 2nd dimension thought.
So basically, each 2nd dimension thought consists of a line of 1st dimension blocks.

Third dimension. Now when you have this 'grid' consisting of horizontal lines of 1st dimension blocks, multiplied by the 2nd dimension, multiply them again; this time shoot them forward.
What you are now able to 'think', are grids consisting of multiple 'first dimension lines [with blocks]'.
Every grid is a 'total sum of collected [individual] thoughts'
So basically, every thought in the third dimension consists of a 2nd dimension block-grid.
Now you can think of 2nd dimension grids and compare them with each other.
You can instantly generate a grid of 1st dimension blocks and 2nd dimension lines.
So every thought in the third dimension is instantly generated, but consists of lots and lots of other 'thoughts' generated in the previous dimensions.

For example, imagine 20 blocks for the 1st diminsion. Straight line.
After that, image those 20 blocks going upwards for 20 lines.
After that, image those 20x20 blocks shooting forward 20 times, creating a perfect cube containing 20x20x20 blocks.

Now, what is the fourth dimension?
Take this cube and multiply it [in any random direction].
You are now able to 'generate' a whole lifetime worth of 3rd dimension thoughts in a 'split second'. Maybe the same time it takes to generate 3rd dimension thoughts.

What i don't know is, right now, in the 3rd dimension, do we ONLY generate 3rd dimension thoughts or do we generate all of them (1,2,3) at different situations?
If so, is this random or is there a certain 'need' for different dimension-thoughts in different situations

Another question this would raise is, are we mere 'thoughts' of 4-dimensional thoughts?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What makes people so sure that there even is a 4th dimension? Did I miss something? I mean, I'm open to the idea of one, but it may not even exist.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by christof94

Hi ,

I am not sure it exists. But it is a theory that keeps my mind busy. Also i have vaguely experienced several timelines at the same time.

Still, i said from the beginning this is 'just' a thought. I am not implying it exists. I am not trying to convince you it exists, and i am not asking you to believe this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hmmm... yes, purely a theory to keep the mind busy.

The real 4th dimension is a reference to frequency. It is at a much shorter wavelength and thus perceivable to normal senses, yet existing all around us. This goes by many names and enters the realms of the 'paranormal'.

I'm able to see into the 4th dimension. I can see a fine etheric mist surrounding me and outlines of pixelated figures visible within it. This is much more pronounced in low light. Such ability was gained through meditation.

To correct your theory... thoughts themselves are '4D' energy.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Mayura because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayura
Hmmm... yes, purely a theory to keep the mind busy.

The real 4th dimension is a reference to frequency. It is at a much shorter wavelength and thus perceivable to normal senses, yet existing all around us. This goes by many names and enters the realms of the 'paranormal'.

I'm able to see into the 4th dimension. I can see a fine etheric mist surrounding me and outlines of pixelated figures visible within it. This is much more pronounced in low light. Such ability was gained through meditation.

How do you know for sure this is the 4th dimension? Did someone tell you, or did you simply acknowledged this as the 4th dimension?

Is there an 'extra' or 'new' consciousness?

How come a 3rd dimension being can tune into the 4th dimension if it operates at a different wavelength?

Is the mist and the shady figures not simply an figuration of your mind the way you think it will look like?

So, you can engage in mind bending, silly, scientific theories... just know, they are mostly put in place to stop people from realizing the true structure of our reality.

It's not 'silly', its interesting and important. Are you trying to say i shouldn't chase theories about stuff i don't know much about yet might exist?

Or are you trying to say you know the truth and i don't so i should stop?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I like your thoughts! The way it seems to me in your theory, is that the 4th dimension is the sum of all knowledge in the 3rd dimension, and the 3rd dimension is experiencing the 4th denominational whole, subjectively! Very interesting to have dimensional thought represented as blocks, and makes perfect sense too. Neat dude! S & F

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Im impressed by the way you described such a sophisticated theory. TO ME, it actually makes sense because once you reach the 3rd dimension, 20x20x20 (cube), that whole big ass block becomes just 1 unit in the 4th dimension. Thats a huge leap tho..

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Reignite

my thoughts on all of this is that our higher self (soul/spirit) is a multiple dimensional being. If we can learn to merge our higher self with our physical 3D self we could in fact defy the laws of this reality. so with being able to see things from other dimensions as the person before stated. i think it is entirely possible, especially with meditation. as far as the fourth or fifth dimensional possibilities i think they could be near endless and probably a far stretch for our 3D thinking brains.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Not to be a stick in the mud...but I doubt thoughts are 4 d. Picture yourself as a fish swimming in the water with a bunch of other fish(maybe the zodiac age of pisces...sign with 2 fish swimming in opposing directions)...now imagine said fish swimming about...generally oblivious to the water they are swimming in. And now insert Aquarius coming into perspective....

For the perception of 4th dimension one must realize that the same as "the fish" if we learn that there is a fluid like background that surrounds all of us....Imagine a fish realizing he is in a massive school...and the school is pushed around by high and low tides....if the fish work together and figure out a pattern to said fluid they can work together and chart these waters....

If the fish remain unaware of the waters surrounding they will have a much harder time....

SO like the yin,yan we must only realize that we are all the same, just different fish...but we all share this ocean of life...the 4th dimension is actually easy...picture everything around us as having a flowing fluid like energy flowing around it over it and even through its center of gravity. Notice when you flush the toilet...

what governs the formation of that spiral....the same basic geometry can be used in your mind to visualize the way energy fields flow....4 d is basically scalarwave fluid dynamics...

**And I suspect when all is said and done....the final dimension around 7-8 is where thoughts flow from....we will eventually come to realize that as we search further and further for smaller particles that our thoughts are always present before and after said particle and are always searching for the next smaller particle...potentially spiraling energy to even create the next smaller particle for us....but how can you get smaller that the thought of smaller....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

These were meditative techniques to awaken and empower the 4D energy centers within the body, called chakras. There is subtle energy running through every human, yet it is not acknowledged.

Through empowering these centers and more importantly, the 3rd eye area, such abilities presented themselves.

This is not true just because I say it is. It is the essence of mysticism, yoga, the occult, and every other spiritual connotation you can think of. These things have been around for some time... I learned my techniques from Ancient India, Tibet, etc.

I'm saying that your definitely not going to experience such things chasing scientific and mathematical theories. To experience such so called 'phenomena' you must give power to your right brain hemisphere, via meditation. We live in an entirely left brain society and it stifles all but the silliest things.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
oh and your step to 20/20/20...i think might be better to use dots not 3d cubes in the beginning. its a point then 2 points then 3 points...that give the first 3 d shape...a 3d triangle with all equal side and lines etc...and said pyramid is like a triangle...that get you to 3d...then 4 d is the cardinal north south east and west... with a perception of verticality and spin as we are techincally always spinning as we travel with our solar system through space...the winds as we flow though space is the fluid background of 4d understanding...5th is more about the structure of the flow...like as we see planets around us...they are technically stirring up the fluid of 4 d....i have taken you farther than most can follow i will stop here....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by kraker58

@kraker58/carlitobillz; glad you like the thought and thanks for replying. It was very hard to formulate this thought into words. thats why it took me so long to finally describe it (roughly 5 years since i started thinking about the concept.)

I just came up with another simple example, give me a minute and i'll post it

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToatsMaGoats

my thoughts on all of this is that our higher self (soul/spirit) is a multiple dimensional being. If we can learn to merge our higher self with our physical 3D self we could in fact defy the laws of this reality. so with being able to see things from other dimensions as the person before stated. i think it is entirely possible, especially with meditation. as far as the fourth or fifth dimensional possibilities i think they could be near endless and probably a far stretch for our 3D thinking brains.

That's also possible, but i think, accepting your theory, that we are then allready merged with our higher self. We could possibly be the thoughts of our higher being.

Meditation is in my opinion too the best possible way to achieve more understanding to this, but the concept of 'endlessness' is hard to hold on to haha

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drala
Not to be a stick in the mud...but I doubt thoughts are 4 d. Picture yourself as a fish swimming in the water with a bunch of other fish(maybe the zodiac age of pisces...sign with 2 fish swimming in opposing directions)...now imagine said fish swimming about...generally oblivious to the water they are swimming in. And now insert Aquarius coming into perspective....

Please feel free to say whatever you want!

Are you trying to compare that fish to human beings, that are aware of eachother only the obvious outside, but not on the spiritual mind (inside)?

For the perception of 4th dimension one must realize that the same as "the fish" if we learn that there is a fluid like background that surrounds all of us....Imagine a fish realizing he is in a massive school...and the school is pushed around by high and low tides....if the fish work together and figure out a pattern to said fluid they can work together and chart these waters....

there are some amazing docu's on schools of fish operating as 'one being'. IT's a perfect example of merged consciousness! Same goes for birds flying together.

If the fish remain unaware of the waters surrounding they will have a much harder time....

SO like the yin,yan we must only realize that we are all the same, just different fish...but we all share this ocean of life...the 4th dimension is actually easy...picture everything around us as having a flowing fluid like energy flowing around it over it and even through its center of gravity. Notice when you flush the toilet...

what governs the formation of that spiral....the same basic geometry can be used in your mind to visualize the way energy fields flow....4 d is basically scalarwave fluid dynamics...

**And I suspect when all is said and done....the final dimension around 7-8 is where thoughts flow from....we will eventually come to realize that as we search further and further for smaller particles that our thoughts are always present before and after said particle and are always searching for the next smaller particle...potentially spiraling energy to even create the next smaller particle for us....but how can you get smaller that the thought of smaller....

Thanks for your reply! I do not have much experience in the field of mathematics connected to consciousness, thats why i think it's hard to understand theories trying to explain (even though i think it's possible that way! there is a book i was reading that said there were 2 ways to understand the universe: through meditaion and through mathematics)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

These were meditative techniques to awaken and empower the 4D energy centers within the body, called chakras. There is subtle energy running through every human, yet it is not acknowledged.

I understand what you are explaining. Chakras are for me quite a real existence, but i doubt it's part of the 4th (or any other 'new') dimension. Id rather think it belongs to the 3rd or 2nd or even 1st. More like a 'universal' ability everybody currently alive should be able to understand.

Through empowering these centers and more importantly, the 3rd eye area, such abilities presented themselves.

This is not true just because I say it is. It is the essence of mysticism, yoga, the occult, and every other spiritual connotation you can think of. These things have been around for some time... I learned my techniques from Ancient India, Tibet, etc.

Don't worry, i think it is very interesting what you are saying and i absolutely don't want to dismiss your theories or beliefs.

Somehow my theory above is somewhat connected to the ancient teachings of India. Are you familiar with Brahma? Supposedly one 'day' of Brahma contains many many many (like many) human years.

This is somewhat the same as the blocks i theorized, if Brahma is in the 4th dimension, then in one day could he could think of 'millions' of human lifes, just as we think of millions of thoughts ourselves each day!

I'm saying that your definitely not going to experience such things chasing scientific and mathematical theories. To experience such so called 'phenomena' you must give power to your right brain hemisphere, via meditation. We live in an entirely left brain society and it stifles all but the silliest things.

I was reading a book called 'A Manual on Khshnoom' and they explained that understanding of the universe and it's dimension (or 'whatever') can ben achieved through 2 mediums:

- mediation, the knowledge of the universe opens itself to you in the form of spiritual and symbolic thoughts
- or mathematics, they way we currently try to understand how things work.

I think you are following the first, but i think the second should also be possibe. Not for me though

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Just thought of a new way explaining the first post:

Think of an apple, think of a peach, think of bread, think of pineapple. Think of all its properties, colors, smell, taste!
- this can be the first dimension.

Now think of a basket of fruit, you will immediately also think of the items in it! including the colors, smell or taste.
Now make combinations, Basket of fruit; A dish with ingredients; A forest with different trees, flowers and insects; A person with different clothes and characteristics.
- that can be the second dimension

Now think of life around you, think of the objects you see. You are able to collect everything you see and take it into 'global consideration'.
Think of how your life could end; ask the question 'why are we here', 'what am i supposed to do?'; think of the universe. Think of EVERYTHING you know and create your own 'theory of life'

But most importantly, try to evaluate your life. Try to recall what you have done, why, and what you could next time in that situation.
You are able to recall everything concerning objects, locations and emotions. This together creates a new thought.
- this can be the third dimension

Now the fourth dimension could be 'someone' thinking of multiple 'lifes'. They can percieve a history of a life in an instant. They can create life (in their mind) and end life just the way we create and end thoughts.

Think about it: if you finish your life, you got the experience of a full lifetime. You can then easily 'duplicate' this with different outcomes!

What's next?

I don't know if this is easy to understand but thats somehow the way i look at things.

edit on 22/4/11 by Reignite because: better examples on 2nd dimension

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Yeah, I didn't mean to impose my belief system on you.

There's a multitude of different ways to interpret 'dimensions', I just think of frequency levels first... which are very real yet ignored by science.

Therefore, most things that have to do with math or science are instantly shunned by me, as they are usually very limiting constructs. I can see where you are going with your idea, but can't contribute much.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Yeah, I didn't mean to impose my belief system on you.

There's a multitude of different ways to interpret 'dimensions', I just think of frequency levels first... which are very real yet ignored by science.

Therefore, most things that have to do with math or science are instantly shunned by me, as they are usually very limiting constructs. I can see where you are going with your idea, but can't contribute much.

No problem! Though i like the fact you studied in Ancient India and Tibet. That was and still is somehow my 'purpose' in life. They contain so much knowledge yet are so peaceful!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I thought time was accepted as the fourth dimension?

To me its more about perception. Fractuals seem to be a great description showing beneath and above every layer there is another layer.

Even with time we can see the results but we are caught in the moment so cannot look back (history shows it. We were there but everyones view of it is different). We cannot see forward even if we wanted too.

What if time also has an up and a down? Everything else does.

I do not doubt there are many dimensions I just think our ape brain will never be able to comprehend them even if we prove they are there.

Here is a thought our life energy is contained in this body like fluid in a bottle. That bottle shapes our lives and we have no conception of what is outside it. The only way to discover what is outside the bottle is to pour the fluid out.

Added

If that fluid is poured into an infinite void far from becoming more aware of everything without the datum of the container would you even be aware of the first dimension?

Is the container the thing that counts? Maybe we should consider how many containers there are.
edit on 22-4-2011 by colin42 because: I assure you I am not on drugs

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

They contain so much knowledge yet are so peaceful!

Let me Google India for you

Let me Google Tibet for you

Peaceful my foot! You people live in cloud cuckoo land.

By the way when did time cease to be the fourth dimension?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join