It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate SHTF House (pic)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
An underground house would be much more suitable.

edit on 23/4/2011 by diamount because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I am not impressed.

Why not put the window covers in the wall? Flat roof is too easy to occupy, and drill down into the house. A domed or slanted roof would be better. Why a roll up door, put a solid one in the ground. Seems that there are too many vulnerabilities with the obvious security measures.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
It must be like being buried alive, only above ground. What happens if the power goes out and you're stuck inside? Very strange.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yeah, I think your idea is a lot better. Set up an excellent security system, and maybe a better hidden, more secretive inner secure place, with the ultra secure underground bunker, with a secure escape tunnel.

Outside the place should look normal. Possible invaders wouldn't plan for the ultimate invasion. Why give people the impression you have something to protect.

Have an inner secure area if you needed such a place, where you sleep at night, hidden thick brick walls, secure doors, separate independent ventilation system that goes down through your underground bunker and the escape tunnel.

From your secure sleeping quarters, have access to the well stocked underground bunker. Bury the exit from the escape tunnel, which would be set up so you can dig yourself out.

Should unwanted guests arrive, you can deal with them from your underground command center.

Kind of like in the Resident Evil series, except without the labs, and not as huge and elaborate.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreedomCommander
reply to post by Gazrok

can you post a design of the house? I would like to build one.

When you get the plans will you build me one too

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I saw this on another thread, and just love the idea....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f748a5356560.jpg[/atsimg]

Love this house

Powerball come on

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by SANTA CLAWS

Love this house

Powerball come on

Invisible graffitti says "Rich people's survival supplies inside."

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I'd like to see more humorous (uplifting) posts like this.

Refreshing and cool!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

lol really?
2nd line...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Cybermerc

It's surreal how cozy and luxurious the house is, and yet, its true purpose is to survive bombardment.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
I love this house id like to own it but im sure it would cost a fortune to build there is alot of cemnet in that building but it looks very safe alot better then the 200 year old farm house i live in S&F

kix

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
The best way is to get to higher ground,and build it underground, completely invisible from its sorrundings with a good water well inside and a large tunnel leading to a secret entrance.

This house looks good but in the event of water flooding you are doomed.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Exactly, normal-looking to the casual observer. I actually have a house plan that has a small secret room that would be very hard to ascertain form inside the house. Not big enough to be a "safe room" per se, but big enough to have a large gun safe in there and access to the below ground bunker.

Too bad I'm broke, though.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

They do realize that zombies do not exist, while fun to think about it is not possible, at least i don't think it is. Well okay "zombies" do exist but those are the "TV, Zombies" and so on. Unless movies have taught us one thing, the end of the world begins, when Reptillian, Vampire, shape shifting, UFO's, and aliens, along with Zombies attack!! HAHA!!!

posted on Apr, 30 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Great house but the only downside I see is no vantage point for practising the head shots from

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Very nice looking, but personally I would prefer an underground bunker that wasn't quite so conspicuous. I don't know why, but I've always thought it would be cool to live underground, not as doomsday avoidance thing, just in general as a way to live. Perhaps it's because I grew up in a state where basements generally aren't even feasible. If I had the kind of money needed to buy a home like that I'd probably go with something like this instead:
www.missilebases.com...
Very... terminatoresque if you ask me.

posted on May, 9 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yeah, I think your idea is a lot better. Set up an excellent security system, and maybe a better hidden, more secretive inner secure place, with the ultra secure underground bunker, with a secure escape tunnel.

Outside the place should look normal. Possible invaders wouldn't plan for the ultimate invasion. Why give people the impression you have something to protect.

Have an inner secure area if you needed such a place, where you sleep at night, hidden thick brick walls, secure doors, separate independent ventilation system that goes down through your underground bunker and the escape tunnel.

From your secure sleeping quarters, have access to the well stocked underground bunker. Bury the exit from the escape tunnel, which would be set up so you can dig yourself out.

Should unwanted guests arrive, you can deal with them from your underground command center.

Kind of like in the Resident Evil series, except without the labs, and not as huge and elaborate.

You might be interested in this "home"
www.missilebases.com...
The runway outside is kind of conspicuous, but the blast doors should keep the bad guys out if TSHTF and the 20,000 sq feet available in the unused silo connected to the underground home could probably store enough supplies and fuel to have you set for a good long time.
www.missilebases.com...

posted on May, 18 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
Still not good enough for me. The walls and structure looks concrete which can be shot at and chipped away. If the walls and doors are stone then homemade explosives can chip at it away. You need offensive capability with such things as high guard towers, electromagnetic weapons, high voltage lines, poisonous snakes/cobras, lions, automatic gatling guns, laser blinders, magnetic traps for veichles, a moat that is electrified, poison gas release, acid release, flame throwers, automatic razor blades that shoot from the ground, microwave gun, high powered optics with instant human/veichle/object recognition with tracking capability and abiltiy to engage and prioritise targets and terminate them one by one. This is just the beginning. This house only passes 15% of what I want my house to be.

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

i'll take ten

posted on Jun, 29 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

So you have the right to steal the idea and start a duplicate thread because you are a "super moderator"?? I've had well thought out PRE-WRITTEN threads closed for less

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join