It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate SHTF House (pic)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

Lets put the daggers down for a sec and get to it then shall we?

For you to insinuate it would make for a cool party atmosphere DUE to the COOL moving blocks of concrete.... wouldn't that mean that they would have to be closed up tight to make that party thing happen...if they were open..how is it diff than any other house? How the FUUCK does that make ME a douche?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

I'm not bitter at all. You posted a comment in a public forum....you act like a spoiled child...I just think your comment was juvenile and impractical that's all. Christ.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
Its the safe house, created by KWKPromes

You can see more pics of it under Projects > housing > safe house

better pic of it here
edit on 22-4-2011 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

The owner of this house is not an ATS member or the like...but rather a shady Japanese syndicate who has pissed of one too many ninja.

But really i would be more impressed to see details on secure ventilation, communication, arms and water system.... then i could compare my dreams.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Fair enough. My point,.. Not really. You were making a point of how crazy paranoid people are and I was simply stating that it looks like a huge fun house that most likely most of the members here at ATS would have fun turning it into a party. You have to admit you were just looking to piss someone off. C'moonnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Another assumption you made. Light sticks? I have never twirled light sticks ahaha I dont do drugs.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
reply to post by itaii

I'm not bitter at all. You posted a comment in a public forum....you act like a spoiled child...I just think your comment was juvenile and impractical that's all. Christ.

Juvenile and impractical. Im entitled to my opinion and you're entitled to yours. Sorry for calling you a douche and an idiot.. I have my dukes up as a new member here plus I am a little bit of a hot head... but not to proud to apologize.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by The Great Day

Ya well sooner or later whomever that is hiding from whomever has to leave the premises.....bottom line it's just not all that interesting.....

Here's something:

Someone explain to me why, and no one can, a person from Spain is not considered white yet one from France is??? They share a LOOOOOONG border and they all have the same complexion.....that one is lost on me.....

This is more interesting than any one post i've seen on this site ever.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Ya well sooner or later whomever that is hiding from whomever has to leave the premises.....bottom line it's just not all that interesting.....

Here's something:

Someone explain to me why, and no one can, a person from Spain is not considered white yet one from France is??? They share a LOOOOOONG border and they all have the same complexion.....that one is lost on me.....

What The Junk?

Sorry i dont follow you and i presume the mod squad will be coming along shortly to clean up some of this nonsense.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
And honestly, when someone can map out and make me understand why an Outlaw Gang needs rules and regs....i'll NOT have given up on people completely....don't you all see how everything is done with mirrors?? its amazing no one see's it. Apply that to everything...including controlling masses of money and people..dont you think the best way to steal money is in plain sight? Like the reason why the DOD pays $500.00 for a toilet seat? Where is the tax money going? Propaganda campaigns and black projects.....specially with the turn of heart in the country after WW2 , became more about diplomacy and less about war...the tax payers didnt want another Hiroshima...so the government invents these fantastic lies about aliens , etc.....funny no ones see's this as truth...yet will believe in aliens...VERY effective marketing campaign..best ever really.....and through it all we still hand ove rthe taxes no questions asked....LOL love it.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Oh im just saying that THAT is a true mystery....wish someone could answer it for me..yes please lets censor everyone..absolutely CLEAN UP IN POST 4

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

reply to post by itaii

Go twirl a light stick and get smashed.

Wow, someone took a leak in your cornflakes this morning?

Your entitled to your opinion, but all your doing to trying to start a fight from your posts.

edit: Look at the forum this is located - SURVIVAL TACTICS AND SUPPLIES - if you think this is a complete waste of time why bother posting?

Also, in all honestly do people read some of these threads and go crazy, screaming ITS THE END OF THE WORLD? Its a fun hobby to look into this stuff, informative to.
edit on 23-4-2011 by MidnightTide because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Here's something:

What does this have to do with a domestic fortress?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Indeed, silo house are really cool, if one's lucky (and rich) enough to find one. Can make a lot of underground partying down there as well! Talk of post-apocalytic mass orgies with techno music!

Room for the whole neighborhood!
edit on 23/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

Unless a tsunami hits and leaves a ton of silt and debris over the escape hatch. The same can be said for volcanos or meteor strikes that could rain down tons of ash sealing you in. Seems more like a tomb.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mactire

Indeed, silo house are really cool, if one's lucky (and rich) enough to find one. Can make a lot of underground partying down there as well! Talk of post-apocalytic mass orgies with techno music!

Room for the whole neighborhood!
edit on 23/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

Unless a tsunami hits and leaves a ton of silt and debris over the escape hatch. The same can be said for volcanos or meteor strikes that could rain down tons of ash sealing you in. Seems more like a tomb.

I know some doomsday bunkers are designed to be air tight and able to hold enough air to last a small period of time (few days I believe, don't remember the exact timeframe)

No bunker is truly safe - I just think it would be something cool to have.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If this house is on North America, then from the trees it looks to be in Texas, Oklahoma or Missouri in the spring.
Maybe the original concept was tornado prooffing.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
The problem with this style of house as a safe house (unthinking zombies not with standing).

Once you seal yourself in, it is easy to keep you sealed in.

Notice how all of the 'armour' panels must open outwards to open.

2 at 1/2" bolt (or spikes if you prefer) driven in at a couple of key points (per panel), and your problem wont be that you are inside, but that you will never be back outside.

Defense should never be viewed as a single avenue adventure...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is something i have wanted to do for some time. Not because the end or any particular threat but because a properly built safe house is what a properly built house is.

The perfect spot to build a house would be a small hill that was dug into.

Only one entrance for security

Only one side is leaking energy out - extremely ecological and cheap

The warmth of the ground would prevent the enormous energy loss in the cold winters - there would not be many days in a year when the walls would experience below zero temperatures except for the front window.

Construction would be extremely simple since the house is essentially already built by nature, only carving a space would be needed.

A few supporting pillars made from stone, to hold the place from collapsing

A layer of steel reinforced cement to cover the walls to keep the shape intact in any and all environmental scenarios. The cement would be covered with plastic moisture-sealant 'paint' which would be covered by a layer of segel or similar insulating, strong paint-able material.

Making the house expansion-proof would only require to leave a spot in the back wall that could be opened up, allowing for building new rooms as they are needed - if not desiring windows these new rooms are almost free in terms of construction cost.

The most expensive part would be the wall facing out that would be made entirely as a window so that the sun could heat up the cave. This would have a weatherproof outer layer with a insulating inner layer. If i would find, the windows would be essentially just a wall made of aerogel-type blocks for near-perfect insulation and extreme mechanical resistance - all while being transparent. They are available, but not from any retailer i have found.

After finding a good spot, the cost of building the house would be no more than a typical lower-middleclass first home in the us of a. And living in the house would cost a fraction compared to a normal house, and as a final bonus, the longevity of the house would be essentially "forever". The materials envisioned are good for thousands of years.

And the middle-class home is not immune to earthquakes, weapons smaller than heavy explosives and even nuclear blasts not directly in the neighborhood.

Some say paranoid, i say ecological, cheap and safe. Just what a home should be.
edit on 23-4-2011 by dbove because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cybermerc
Its the safe house, created by KWKPromes

You can see more pics of it under Projects > housing > safe house

better pic of it here
edit on 22-4-2011 by Cybermerc because: (no reason given)

WOW its even has a Functional Draw Bridge on the other side! (2nd floor) DAMM! were is the Mote!

Yup the mote is Zombies! Swarming around ! the place!
edit on 23-4-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Perhaps we should add crenalations, moats and catapults?

It looks more like a prison to me... but it's all in perspective.
edit on 4/23/2011 by Baddogma because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by HomerinNC
Only one problem tho....
It aint gonna stop Greys from abducting you...

Sure it will, just line the interior with tin foil.

Back on topic, awesome house. But wouldn't everyone who doesn't have this house notice it? So when S does HTF, they'll all come a knockin' at your door...

You raise a serious issue. In previous 'survival houses' I've heard the builders say they want to make them non-descript as possible so that they fit into the neighborhood. It's just that they have a secret room or two embedded in them for supplies and safety. I've always thought you could do this with a house with a basement by closing off all things that point to it having one, then re-enforcing what is "normal." 10-4 on the tinfoil.
edit on 4/22/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

You're close to describing an idea I had: Buy a lot somewhere and bury one of those survival shelters on it. Mark where the hatch is with stakes at the perimeter of the lot (or some other way) and bury it completely.

Then hire a builder to erect a house of your design, right on top of the shelter. They have no clue it's there so they can't go blabbing about this house that has a survival shelter.

Make sure the hatch is sitting below a room that you want to access the shelter (have it built in that specific location), then when your house is done, cut a square out of the slab, dig down to the hatch and there ya go. Your house might need cleaning after carting the dirt out, but now you have an underground shelter that no one knows about. Maybe the contractors who buried the shelter, but they'd be form out of state anyway. Still trying to figure out how to circumvent the permits...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Interesting house. I would hope that there is a way to manually open/close those massive shutters in case the power goes out and maybe some type of periscope device to check the area if the security cameras are taken out.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join