It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate SHTF House (pic)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
Ok THE most ridiculous thing I've seen at least all week...talk about paranoid..Christ, I'm learning more and more just how collectively paranoid most people on this site are...utterly ridiculous to want to live in a can...what the hell are you afraid of? Come out from under the covers and face life...Jesus.

LOL and then to actually have someone here mention Grey aliens...sigh...lol

Why do you say that?

People take these things way to seriously.....yes, OPs house does look rather unpleasing to the eye - but some of the other suggestions look like a nice show off piece to friends.

An underground missile silo would be sweet to live in. Close up the blast doors and your all set.

Definitely buying something like that if I win the lottery.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Incidentally (not having read the article) what precautions were taken by way of ventilation? Could smoke out, gas out the occupants quite easily

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

I say it because i have an opinion that differs from yours...I'm entitled. It's paranoid plain and simple..what don't you get?

Call me crazy but i kind alike natural light....i dunno guess I'm an idiot eh?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
could you imagine you got it closed up.
The power line out side gets knocked down...your stuck inside with no phone or a signal..even cell phone threw concrete do not work so hot.
So basically your stuck to die in your own house in a big coffin......

No than ya lol
i keep my house for no lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
if i lived there i would talk so much # ahaha

for real though, that is awesome. if anyone gets ahold of that house you need to throw some awesome ATS parties. k thnx.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
yeah

like thats gonna survive a bunker buster

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
The only thing I see missing is machine gun turrets, and maybe a couple of mortar launchers.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I agree with the shutter being the weak point.And I hope all those slabs are movable by hand and don't rely on electricity.

It's a good design for keeping out zombies.Humans I'm sure would find a way around it,or in it!

The only thing I don't like is that it's a box shape.A tsunami could easily take it out.If it was round the water would go around it,instead of pushing against the walls and knocking them over...still not a bad idea..what happens when you run out of food and there are zombies outside lol?

As for the greys and the tinfoil..there's no way that super intelligent beings from outer space that can possibly read our minds and invented ships which move at impossible speeds would worry about some little flimsy crappy piece of tinfoil!lol

I like the idea but maybe change the design.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

I never said it was sexy or aesthetically good, just the design. Yep not good looking from that point of view, and as others have pointed out not practical for many reasons but still a good and different design.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Looks like the newly confiscated FEMA command bunker.

It has a handsome strength. If it were prettier they would double the property taxes.

edit on 23-4-2011 by Semicollegiate because: spelling

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Ok THE most ridiculous thing I've seen at least all week...talk about paranoid..Christ, I'm learning more and more just how collectively paranoid most people on this site are...utterly ridiculous to want to live in a can...what the hell are you afraid of? Come out from under the covers and face life...Jesus.

LOL and then to actually have someone here mention Grey aliens...sigh...lol

Personally I'm afraid of people a lot like you, so if I saw you or any other blow hards coming my way I could just shut down all the widows and doors and not have to listen or be around you.

This was a fun and interesting thread till someone invited the...........

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I've only been with ATS for a few weeks. The reason I originally went here was because of the strange jet noises and rumbling sounds being heard all around the world, including my own area in Idaho next to the Canadian border. That site was recently taken down on the home page list even though it had 58 pages and counting. Why? I think anybody would consider this a 'hot topic'; apparently ATS didn't. Instead we get forums about Lady Gaga's latest publicity stunt. Obviously ATS thought Lady Caca was more important than the mystery noises. I emailed ATS about above subject, but received no reply.

The Apple Iphone was just found to have the ability to record personal information which is readily accessable to the authorities. NBC news had this story two days ago, and the internet is full of sites regarding this topic. Why is this subject not considered a hot topic and not in the contents list on the home page? Actually it's listed, but I challenge anybody to find it. Obviously ATS buried it for a reason; IS APPLE AN ADVERTISER? Makes me wonder. Is this an example where the bottom line of finance is more important than the spirit of ATS? Or are the owners just "out of it"?

I also find the manners and mentality of a large number of people posting to be lacking. Personal insults seem to take precedent over real information sharing in a spirit of basic civility.

ATS--PLEASE REMOVE ME AND MY POSTS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REMOVE ME FROM MEMBERSHIP--I NOW CONSIDER THIS SITE NOT TO BE WHAT IT IS PURPORTED TO BE; AND I'M NOT ALONE IN MY ANALYSIS AND OPINION.

Sincerely,
Grimalkin

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
If i had to choose, in terms of escaping interlopers...why not go balls out for chrissakes and live in an undersea monolithic construct. They exist.

Me? I'd MUCH rather live normally and not worry so damn much. That building is just #ing ugly as all hell. No good for parties either..people smoking etc vomiting...ya with no ventilation doesn't sound like too much fun...guess it would appeal to an immature teenager.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Grimalkin
I've only been with ATS for a few weeks. The reason I originally went here was because of the strange jet noises and rumbling sounds being heard all around the world, including my own area in Idaho next to the Canadian border. That site was recently taken down on the home page list even though it had 58 pages and counting. Why? I think anybody would consider this a 'hot topic'; apparently ATS didn't. Instead we get forums about Lady Gaga's latest publicity stunt. Obviously ATS thought Lady Caca was more important than the mystery noises. I emailed ATS about above subject, but received no reply.

The Apple Iphone was just found to have the ability to record personal information which is readily accessable to the authorities. NBC news had this story two days ago, and the internet is full of sites regarding this topic. Why is this subject not considered a hot topic and not in the contents list on the home page? Actually it's listed, but I challenge anybody to find it. Obviously ATS buried it for a reason; IS APPLE AN ADVERTISER? Makes me wonder. Is this an example where the bottom line of finance is more important than the spirit of ATS? Or are the owners just "out of it"?

I also find the manners and mentality of a large number of people posting to be lacking. Personal insults seem to take precedent over real information sharing in a spirit of basic civility.

ATS--PLEASE REMOVE ME AND MY POSTS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REMOVE ME FROM MEMBERSHIP--I NOW CONSIDER THIS SITE NOT TO BE WHAT IT IS PURPORTED TO BE; AND I'M NOT ALONE IN MY ANALYSIS AND OPINION.

Sincerely,
Grimalkin

Is apple an advertiser?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Haha you're an idiot, obviously you didnt see all the WINDOWS... and appeal to an immature teenager? Try an immature 24 year old with a sense of fvcking humor.

edit on 23-4-2011 by itaii because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by itaii because: too mean lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimalkin

LOL i made this gripe months ago and under different screen names...good for you.

People have to understand the irony here, its like an outlaw motorcycle club having rules (rules???), this is a business...whomever started this did it prolly as a lark, for fun, started generating money (god knows why) and i'm sure they quit their jobs and focused on this site ostensibly to "further push the boundaries of human undertanding"..all Bull#....its a business..they'll post whatever please the advertisers and moves traffic...its all crap.

The paranormal is a multi-billion $ industry..all unproven bull# people cling to....the snake oil salesmen keep pushing idiotic conspiracy theories & tales of goblins and ghosts to line their pockets.....i come here to see just how ridiculous the collective cross-section in this genre is day to day...love all the unfounded emotional, oftentimes aggressive, posts here about how anyone who doesn't think aliens exist are idiots...with no proof of course...just funny.

outlaws with a rulebook......love this #

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

CLEARLY an advocate of free speech here...well done. best not to disagree with the majority here eh? Wow really pushing that subversive revolutionary call to liberty aren't ya? Who's the douche? Hag

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by itaii

Go twirl a light stick and get smashed.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jeddun

Hag lol I deleted the douche comment because I thought it was too mean. You're just a bitter betty. It's okay, I hope you feel better making invalid points and assumptions on other people.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

reply to post by itaii

Go twirl a light stick and get smashed.

ahahah wtf is that?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join