It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate SHTF House (pic)

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Imagine the dude's face if squatters break in and lock the s*** up...

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

IMO underground bunkers/homes, earth berm, or earth sheltered homes are better. There are many being sold these days, some are extremely expensive like this one.

www.silohome.com...

Although it has it's own plane and runway at 2.3 million it is a very expensive.

But then there are others not so expensive, such as.

www.missilebases.com...

There are companies that you can hire that will build an underground or earth sheltered home for you.

www.undergroundhomes.com...

disasterbunkers.com...

www.hardenedstructures.com...

I like the underground homes made by this company. (I don't work for them)

www.alpinesurvival.com...

There companies that sell already made underground bunkers/shelters you can also buy such as.

www.survivalcenter.com...

But I couldn't live in such tight spaces. I would go insane.

edit on 23-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: fix links

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

OMG.>!! That house is totally awsome..!!

I want one..!!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

simply love the house ..
everyone could have these kind of houses
generated by bio fuel solar panel and wind turbine that rechearge the batteries from the generator

everyone owning a house like that
that would mean the government care for the futur of its people
since they know the planet is in big weather change prior to 2012
people die in weak constructions but wouldnt inside that thing

i know this can cost a lot ..it was a possible futur for all of us if all the tax payer money wouldnt be wasted
by trillion of dollar each year

no military budjet = everyone on earth would have self sufficiant bunker house
with technologies beyond what we have now
the military spending have slow the entire humankind advancements 60-70yrs yrs in the past
and we would be at least 10 billions human living in peace

no you know how much money were wasted in that military hardware ...
what do you need to run that hardware ... OIL

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
That house won't protect him from anything. You have to be ready to fight against those who are after you. where is the ventilation during lockdown? Is it on the ceiling? I can get up there. Now if you showed me a house with loopholes in it for taking shots at people outside, maybe you'd be better off.
edit on 23-4-2011 by Tephra because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I didn't read every comment on this forum, but just based on the pictures you posted I'd have to say that I have a few problems with the design of that house. For one, it isn't flood (tsunami) proof. Even if it were water tight, which I doubt, those windows swing outward. Anything and everything that is carried on the waves (cars, buildings, silt, etc, will be washed up against that house, making those openings/escapes unusable. I do see that the front entrance is a large roller door (up/down). That definitely isn't water tight, and they may be good to stop people from entering your home by physical means, but it won't stop someone from driving a truck through your front door, or from a water current from pushing same said truck through it either. Also; there should be a latch on the roof in case of a flood, so that you don't become entombed once those entrances are blocked. Though this rooftop latch will also be an accessible entrance for anyone wanting to get in. Nothing is impenetrable. Not some elite bunker 2 miles beneath Colorado, and definitely not this house. This home may stop zombies, but unless you have a life time's supply of food and water and meds, it'll stop you too.... from ever escaping. Everyone knows you have to keep moving in a zombie outbreak. Once you're surrounded its only a matter of time

edit on 23-4-2011 by Mactire because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

that is so cool...dno about zombies but im sure that would stand strong in a hurricane or other disaster.

but if you look close enough its still easily penetrable by humans

as someone else has pointed out...that large shutter is a weak point...unlike the large solid looking blocks covering the windows you could probably break through that shutter.

also the large blocks on the windows looks like they are hinged...those hinges look exposed on the top image...another weak spot

look at the 2 cameras...one facing one way..the other facing the other way...now imagine your the guy taking that picture...from where you standing looking at that corner of the building...if you walked straight untill u reached the corner directly below those cameras...they would never see you. so unless theres other cameras that cant be seen in that image..they are fairly useless

however you'd need to go well equiped to get in there and not many peopls has the kit necessary so id say that dam house is pretty dam solid lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by Screwed

LOL I was thinkinig of the 3 little pigs and the big bad wolf

Three Little Pigs (anyone remember this?)

edit on 23-4-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Heyyo_yoyo

Heyyo_yoyo

Have a look at this, sort of what you asked for .....

www.kwkpromes.pl...

Goto 'english', then 'projects', then 'housing', then 'Hidden House'....

Cheers

PDUK

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

I dont understand your enthrallment with this house at all.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
I saw this on another thread, and just love the idea....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f748a5356560.jpg[/atsimg]

Hey wait a minute... where are the remote-controlled gun turrets and the escape pod?

Ugly... linving in there full-time must feel like being in a prison block, or some suburban corporate office. You wouldn't wanna turn insane and shoot your own family wouldn't you???

Sorry I'd rather go for some place underground.

If SHTF and I get to see one of these houses, I'll cover it with graffiti... and if I find a construction site where to steal a goddamn bulldozer, then I'll ram into and then... FOOD!

edit on 23/4/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Beautiful design, I love it when engineers and architect's think outside the "normal way". While as a engineer and survival oriented guy I can see several drawbacks and problems, my basic thought is really really far out.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Thank you for the picture. This is what every american needs. I love it !!!

This is a second line.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by barkingdogamato
Beautiful design, I love it when engineers and architect's think outside the "normal way". While as a engineer and survival oriented guy I can see several drawbacks and problems, my basic thought is really really far out.

Thanks.

Beautiful? It's just a damn gray block of concrete and glass. I don't see anything sexy or aesthetical with it. uggh...

But ok, I remember there's also people who live happily in jail, so we can't discuss tastes I suppose.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Awesome prototype, but like others said, definitely needs a few add-ons IMO.

1. Solar Panels on roof.
2. Underground basement/bunker with access tunnels.
3. Ditch the roll up door, make it smaller and solid and park your 4x4 and atv's behind it.
4. Need fuel storage and water storage/purification system underground.
5. Generators underground.
6. Add a lookout tower on top with extra cctvs. (Sniper owner provided.)
7. What else?

If you could afford this then why not spend the extra $$$?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Haha, can't believe people would live in such a pile of junk.

Everyone's too scared.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectricUniverse
reply to post by Gazrok

IMO underground bunkers/homes, earth berm, or earth sheltered homes are better. There are many being sold these days, some are extremely expensive like this one.

www.silohome.com...

Although it has it's own plane and runway at 2.3 million it is a very expensive.

But then there are others not so expensive, such as.

www.missilebases.com...

There are companies that you can hire that will build an underground or earth sheltered home for you.

www.undergroundhomes.com...

disasterbunkers.com...

www.hardenedstructures.com...

I like the underground homes made by this company. (I don't work for them)

www.alpinesurvival.com...

There companies that sell already made underground bunkers/shelters you can also buy such as.

www.survivalcenter.com...

But I couldn't live in such tight spaces. I would go insane.

edit on 23-4-2011 by ElectricUniverse because: fix links

Indeed, silo house are really cool, if one's lucky (and rich) enough to find one. Can make a lot of underground partying down there as well! Talk of post-apocalytic mass orgies with techno music!

Room for the whole neighborhood!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Ok THE most ridiculous thing I've seen at least all week...talk about paranoid..Christ, I'm learning more and more just how collectively paranoid most people on this site are...utterly ridiculous to want to live in a can...what the hell are you afraid of? Come out from under the covers and face life...Jesus.

LOL and then to actually have someone here mention Grey aliens...sigh...lol

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Hey you have panties on your face dude.....

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Besides this thing would come down fast with a couple placed shaped charges you can make in your garage..it's only reinforced concrete guys. A DU .50 cal bullet will even go through it. snoooooore waste a money.

If you're scared go to a gym for $80 a month turn your jellied shapeless mass into muscle and call it a day. Typically American.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join