It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Ever Televised Press Confrence By The Federal Reserve

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

U.S. economic policy is soon to have what it never had before -- a personality to go with key decisions. For the first time for a Federal Reserve chief, after the next Open Market Committee meeting on Wednesday, Chairman Ben Bernanke will hold a press conference to review the bank's latest maneuver, which may be the least surprising part of the show Read more: www.upi.com...

There seems to be something amiss here Fellow ATSers and Lurkers.why after all these years of wreaking havoc on the U.S. Dollar why is it now when the Dollar is on the brink does the Fed rear its ugly head,and what is it that they want to tell us

edit on 22-4-2011 by alchemist2012 because: broken link

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Probably something along the lines of, "tuck your head between your legs and kiss your butt goodbye!" ... of course they'll say it in a complicated manner ... with a smile.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
obviously its just going to be lies, nothing that talks about missing trillions, reassurance of the banking industry... nothing important.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just don't think they can tell any more lies the American public knows we are on a sinking ship.We the American people deserve to be told the truth.We are strong and resilient if told the truth the American people will grit down and overcome this like they did in the great depression.

In my opinion more lies will only lead to more civil unrest when it all collapses,people should be told to get ready for hard times.given good advice and a good sound plan of attack to fix this mess.not more lies.

I have a gut feeling that in the next month or two it will get very very ugly.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
No news is good news. At a guess it has something with the next stage for taking over the world. If we are lucky then they have been pressured to stop being ignorant greedy pigs and sort this ongoing mess out.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by alchemist2012

Thanks for posting this, I had heard some people talking about this I was going to look it up. I totally agree with you that we have the right to know just how bad it is, but you know they will just perpetuate this mess. I'm sure this is some kind of face-saving thing. And I dont think they're afraid we wont be able to handle it. I think they're afraid we will handle it too well and do away with all of them. It's a very precarious time for everyone, us (the people) and them (TPTB).

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProjectBlue

Thanks for posting this, I had heard some people talking about this I was going to look it up. I totally agree with you that we have the right to know just how bad it is, but you know they will just perpetuate this mess. I'm sure this is some kind of face-saving thing. And I dont think they're afraid we wont be able to handle it. I think they're afraid we will handle it too well and do away with all of them. It's a very precarious time for everyone, us (the people) and them (TPTB).

I agree with you 100% but why now,these are the things that are discussed behind closed doors.And the FED is not even a Government entity so who give them the right to address the nation

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
No news is good news. At a guess it has something with the next stage for taking over the world. If we are lucky then they have been pressured to stop being ignorant greedy pigs and sort this ongoing mess out.

If we are taking over the world we are not doing a good job of it.or maybe its a long term investment

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

When is this thing gonna go down? Can´t find a Date in this Article (or i´m blind...)

My guess: Announcing QE3 -> Rating is gonna be downgraded -> Profit for the Fed when they start the Printing Press...again!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I take this as a sign that the end is truly just around the corner for the greenback. Typical, start opening up as the plane begins its plummet. The American dollar is at a low point currently and "inflation is climbing, in large part due to surging food and energy prices" and the reason why prices are climbing is because the USD has been watered down so to speak what with the printing of all that money over the last several years. It's expected that Bernanke is going to "reassure the public that he'll keep inflation under control" yet how can that be if realistically the ceiling debt has to be raised once again and thus going out to borrow more money and further watering down the USD. And there's no running to China to take on more of the burdens of the US because they've gotten wise to the scheme and with the "unstable" outlook and risk of losing AAA ratings in the next 2 years that's going to deter other countries from stepping in to take Chinas place, and speaking of China. The rumours/threat of the Yuan being revaluated by X% would hurt buying power of the US since you'd be forced to pay X% more for virtually everything since majority of things are now produced and manufactured in China. It would shock me if the revaluation actually happened because it's just a rumor at this point and the political storm behind it. Regardless though if the Yuan revaluates or not, it's checkmate my friends, IMO of course but time will tell.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Nastradamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012
... the FED is not even a Government entity so who give them the right to address the nation

I was thinking the same exact thing. Honestly, I see the FED as just a tool to keep us in debt slavery. So, to my eyes this is like the warden addressing the prisoners. What does he have to say??? We'll just have to see.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Shenon

I gathered it would be Wed. of next week

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Nastradamus

Yeah this mess is a real stinker we are stepping in.I myself feel that the end of the greenback is near.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Just get rid of the federal reserve and make sure all banks are out of the system of gov't and get rid of petty laws and useless officials. Make sure that there are no bribes, also called endorsements or gifts. No fraud. Get rid of the schemes that people use, like the one madoff uses. Get rid of and replace all senators in our gov't and fire all judges that take bribes. Change all the laws so we the people are in charge instead of the banks. I hope that should do it. Oh, and call our money "The peoples treasury", and any money's going anywhere must be voted on if the peoples of USA want funds to go there. I would like to see a televised conference of this magnitude, then and only then would the USA be able to rebuild itself.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloaked4u
Just get rid of the federal reserve and make sure all banks are out of the system of gov't and get rid of petty laws and useless officials. Make sure that there are no bribes, also called endorsements or gifts. No fraud. Get rid of the schemes that people use, like the one madoff uses. Get rid of and replace all senators in our gov't and fire all judges that take bribes. Change all the laws so we the people are in charge instead of the banks. I hope that should do it. Oh, and call our money "The peoples treasury", and any money's going anywhere must be voted on if the peoples of USA want funds to go there. I would like to see a televised conference of this magnitude, then and only then would the USA be able to rebuild itself.

Good ideas maybe you should throw your hat in for public office your ideas are better than the old"we need to balance the budget"with no plans the others run on

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
My guess is that it will be the first of several press conferences...the first one to get us used to the idea, and to plant the seeds of the other three....for the new north american currency.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by alchemist2012

Originally posted by kwakakev

If we are taking over the world we are not doing a good job of it.or maybe its a long term investment

It is not America taking over the world if this is the case, but the small group behind the international banking cartel. Those who control the money control almost all. It also sounds like China is giving up on the USD with lots going on there. Hard to know exactly what they will say, just keep a heads up.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by BadBoYeed
My guess is that it will be the first of several press conferences...the first one to get us used to the idea, and to plant the seeds of the other three....for the new north american currency.

Ahh a new currency.....never thought of it that way kind of a easing you into type thing good thought mt friend.But is time to head for the hills yet

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Thier used ot bea time, not too long ago, when a dollar in sales meant something. now, they want it all EVERYTHIG you own and in your wallet or purse..including the checkbook. somethisn DEF wrong with this capitalism..that dollar meant sales growth, a sale, product movement...things are so outta whack today, its millions that o#, not the dollar anymore

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well until this big press conference which will be only televised by CNBC,I guess speculation will be king.

So much for this being the most transparent Government in History

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join