It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To All That Hate Muslims - not all of them are evil

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I am also deeply concerned with the amount and tone of anti-muslim hysteria here on ATS. There are entire threads full of off-topic anti-muslim generalizations promoting intolerance and hatred. It brings down the whole forum by association.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Well we always have to have a boogieman in america to fund the wars. We had the Japs, with hate rhetoric supplied via loony tunes, and the commies, etc. I can tell you why Muslim beliefs make me nervous. The Qur'an calls for agressive action against non-believers (infidels). Any ideology that calls for agressive action makes me nervous. DO I think those pretty little girls in their scarves are going to hurt me? Of course not. But where there is poverty and suffering, there is also a call for action led by desperation, and religions based on hatred and elitism is all it takes to light a fire of rage. That being said, no I don't think 911 was led by muslims.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Its funny how noone even said a word about muslims before 911. Now all of a sudden they're trying to take over the world. Of course with people like Wolf Blitzer (former AIPAC lobbiest) telling you the news, what do you expect.

I'd love to believe 911 was done by muslims, but my brain and my research say otherwise. The truth is alot more scary and the enemy is a little closer to home.

edit on 22-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Admittedly, I did not read the entire post. However, I have worked in an international business in which I worked with middle eastern folks frequently.

The people I worked with were just as normal as any of us. They have their families, their lives and businesses and are just like the average American.

People really are the same internationally. We all only want peace for the most part. Muslims for the most part are peaceful. The MSM contorts reality.

Strangely, I have had dinner with royalty with many Islamic people and never knew it, till later. I was in the import/export business and the lifestyle was quick. Met many people and never realized who they were.

Muslim's are quite demure and are not like us outward western loud mouth folks.

To this day, I reflect on the many peaceful humans I have met from the mid east. Don't let the MSM drive your feelings to the negative side.

I am humbled by the wonderful people I met from the mid east.

One last thing.......I would love to wear the comfortable clothes they do. I hate jeans and any tight clothing. They look soooooooo very comfortable. However, I'm not so keen on the veils of the women in the mid east. But, that is there religion and law. Let them alone. It is their laws. Not for us to intervene.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Islam is evil(as are most religions)and it promotes hate and violence to those who do not wish to convert to it.
The Quran speaks of doing everything in your power to kill the infidels and take their land so if a Muslim does not act like an extremist,then they are not a Muslim..........afterall,you can't take a book and only believe in what you want to and leave the rest.

Just read the Quran to see for yourself.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Viking9019
Islam is evil(as are most religions)and it promotes hate and violence to those who do not wish to convert to it.
The Quran speaks of doing everything in your power to kill the infidels and take their land so if a Muslim does not act like an extremist,then they are not a Muslim..........afterall,you can't take a book and only believe in what you want to and leave the rest.

Just read the Quran to see for yourself.

Totally agree with you. I was raised catholic, and always questioned why only we were allowed into heaven and no one else. Not even the cavemen. And how killing is a mortal sin yet old testament god can drown an entire world. Never made sense to me. To I became agnostic. Oh well.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Viking9019

Yes i completely agree, one cannot pick and choose which parts of the quran you wish to adhere to.
While there will always be debate in regards to interpretation, not all muslims can agree, hence the different factions. While many muslims can display honorable traits, how many are genuine and how many are simply following their caliphate? This is one thing all muslim sympathisers must consider!
I know there exists good muslims with nothing but good intentions for their fellow man who would consider themselves a moderate muslim, unfortunately these people are not true muslims at all and any honest muslim will tell you so, the problem is finding one.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by mayabong
Its funny how noone even said a word about muslims before 911. Now all of a sudden they're trying to take over the world.

Actually no it's not "funny" and you need to do some research.This has been going on for a long time:

1979 Iran Hostage Crisis: seizure of US Tehran Embassy, Iran (Nov 4, 1979 for 444 days) 1983 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy, Lebanon (April 18, 1983) 1983 Bombing of US Marine barracks, Beirut, Lebanon (Oct 23, 1983) 1983 Bombing of US Kuwait Embassy (Dec 12, 1983) 1984 Bombing of US Beirut Embassy (again) (Sept 20, 1984) 1984 Kuwait Airlines Flight 221 hijacked to Tehran – American passengers murdered (Dec 3, 1984) 1985 Hijacking TWA Flight 847 hijacked to Beirut (June 14, 1985) 1985 Hijacking cruise ship Achille Lauro, wheelchair-bound American is thrown overboard & killed (Oct 7, 1985) 1986 Bombing Berlin disco frequented by US servicemen (April 5, 1986) 1988 Bombing Pan Am Flight 103 over Lockerbie, Scotland, 100′s murdered (Dec 21, 1988) 1993 First bombing World Trade Center, New York City, 7 Killed, 1,042 wounded (Feb 26, 1993) 1993 Foiled NY Landmarks plot by Omar Abdel Rahman to blow up the Holland and Lincoln tunnels and other New York City landmarks 1993 Attempted Assassination of Pres. Bush Sr. during visit to Kuwait (April 14, 1993) 1993 Black Hawk Down: shot down US helicopters in Mogadishu, Somalia, during Operation Restore Hope (Oct 3-4, 1993) 1994 Plot to assassinate President Clinton during visit to the Philippines 1995 Failed Project Bojinka by Ramzi Yousef to blow up a dozen US airliners over the Pacific (end in Jan 1995) 1995 Bombing US military headquarters, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia (Nov 13, 1995) 1996 Bombing Khobar Towers, Saudi Arabia, housing U.S. foreign military personnel (Jun 25, 1996) 1998 Bombing U.S. Nairobi Embassy, Kenya, Africa (Aug 7, 1998) 1998 Bombing U.S. Dar es Salaam Embassy, Tanzania, Africa (Aug 7, 1998) 1999 Foiled LAX Millennium plot by Ahmed Ressam to bomb Los Angeles International Airport (Ressam was arrested at US Canadian border) 2000 Failed USS The Sullivans bombing that was refueling in the port of Aden, Yemen. (Jan 3, 2000) 2000 Bombing USS Cole in the port of Aden, Yemen, 17 U.S. Navy sailors murdered

factreal.wordpress.com...
edit on 23-4-2011 by Skippy1138 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   

You are wrong to a point. However, there are many different sects in the Islamic and Jewish traditional religions.

Do some research. There are middle eastern people whom only practice that one must make all things beautiful. There is a name for that religion, but I am to no avail to remember it. (i.e.) Making your garden or house beautiful or even making ones self beautiful.

God gave us the ability to make things comfortable and beautiful for others to admire. Make the world beautiful not just for yourself, but for others. Take all people in and feed and clothe them.

There are many more religious sects in the mid east than Islam. Reach out and see how peaceful the people are in the mid east. Stop closing your minds to the beheading fundamentalist fascists of Islam.

I'm a white American with a little bit of international exposure. Most folks here seem to think that the entire mid east is full of mentally handicapped people holding a machete.

It's just not true. Keep reading your MSM and be fooled. The world is lead by the white devils anyway (the elite). I'm white and realize that myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Skippy1138

Wow nice list. Lets just go out on a limb and say that these were all true muslim attacks. Could it be that these people are pissed because the west is ALWAYS OVER THERE interfering? No its alot easier to blame their religion. Great way to not take responsibility for your actions.

The Iran hostage crisis was a direct result of the US installing a dictator for 30 years, they took hostages and demanded the US return him. Hmmm I wonder what the people of the US would do if another country installed a dictator. Oh wait it was just because they are muslims and just hate America's freedom thats right.

How about when america shot down that Iran Airliner. Awww just an accident sorry.

en.wikipedia.org...

Oh wait here's another terror attack by the muslim brotherhood in egypt. Oh thats right they got caught in the act. Darn. I'm sure it would have made your list if they would have succeeded.

The Lavon Affair refers to a failed Israeli covert operation, code named Operation Susannah, conducted in Egypt in the Summer of 1954. As part of the false flag operation, a group of Egyptian Jews were recruited by Israeli military intelligence for plans to plant bombs inside Egyptian, American and British-owned targets. The attacks were to be blamed on the Muslim Brotherhood,

Watch out those evil muslims are out to get you. lol
edit on 23-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-4-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget

Yes i completely agree, one cannot pick and choose which parts of the quran you wish to adhere to.
While there will always be debate in regards to interpretation, not all muslims can agree, hence the different factions. While many muslims can display honorable traits, how many are genuine and how many are simply following their caliphate? This is one thing all muslim sympathisers must consider!
I know there exists good muslims with nothing but good intentions for their fellow man who would consider themselves a moderate muslim, unfortunately these people are not true muslims at all and any honest muslim will tell you so, the problem is finding one.

Sorry man but we could as easily say the same for christians i mean what fine examples with the crusades the inquisition believe they have a far darker track record than the Muslims.
Then again maybe I'm biased I just got back from taking my family to a mosque for the first time today. The people we met were amazing warm friendly and knowledgable. We were expecting a sermon like in church lol (its not like that at all and its very short) the imam took us into his office and spoke to us I asked him about all kinds of stuff nearly two hours we talked amazing people i cant wait to go back Im not sure Ill convert anymore than I have to Judism since we started to going to a synagog. And no way do we want to give up our sunday church we'd be lost without them.

anyways if you want my two bits go check out your local mosque at least once before you start posting TPTB's propaganda eh.
ps we read a bit of the Koran while my wife was breastfeeding (another first for us) they told me at the mosque that it was written by the angle Gabriel through mohamed I think their right. Still I havnt researched it like the bible in fact Ive only read 30 pages so far but still I really think its true.

peace

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
if you look really hard im sure you will find some muslims that are "ok" but as a group they are dangerous...
its that loody relegion, most of them take it WAyyyyyy to serious

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UcDat

I have posted my beliefs on islam in every thread that i have come across on ATS since joining and my opinions have not changed much in that time, if anything it has been reinforced, i used to enjoy debating theology with a former member before he was banned im sure many will remember Oozyism.
In my many years of theological research i have found the only religion asking its followers to kill all non conformists is islam. The only religion that allows lies and deceit as long as it benefits the way is islam. Do your research before joining this sex cult of hate my friend. How many times is the word love written in your quran?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

You are so wrong. It is no different than our own fundamentalist christians. There is fundamentalism everywhere. There are peaceful people everywhere as well.

We need to stop painting every culture with a wide brush.

There are many folks from all different walks of life that wish nothing but peace.

We need to gather all of us benign folks together and make the world a better place. And NO, I am not running for a pageantry.

Has anyone ever heard of Christians downing the Dalai Lama. No. Why? Because the Dalai Lama is a spiritual being. Revered for his kindness, HMMMM. And most probably over the material needing Pope.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

this world needs more tolerance and understanding...we are all narrow minded,blinded by misconceptions and prejudgements
..it can be really hard not to be deceived by lies and exagerations..hope one day we will all open our eyes ,minds and hearts and see things in a different light,a positive one hopefully!
peace!

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Um.... what we need is less spin and misdirection.

The 'enemy' is not muslims it is ISLAM - an obviously evil and hatefilled doctrine.

Though more realisticaly since having recognised the enemy - it can be fairly easily dealt with.

The real enemy for the West is not so much Islam - it is the apologists, deniers, traitors, appeasors, abettors cheerleaders, usefullidiots - all unleashed upon us by the marxist progressives - who are themselves just the usefull idiots for the elites.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

How can you compare "islamphobia" to black slavery & the hanging of during Apartheid in the USA?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You just had to invoke Godwin's Law?

I suppose you can be forgiven for your ignorance here. After all, they just pay you to shoot, not think.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

No, the real enemy is YOU because you allow yourself to be wooed by the Elite and their agenda of turning people against each other in the name of manufactured deities.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
Um.... what we need is less spin and misdirection.

The 'enemy' is not muslims it is ISLAM - an obviously evil and hatefilled doctrine.

Why is Islam the 'enemy' of the west? Does that make Christianity the enemy of the east? Do you support a holy war?

The real enemy for the West is not so much Islam - it is the apologists, deniers, traitors, appeasors, abettors cheerleaders, usefullidiots - all unleashed upon us by the marxist progressives - who are themselves just the usefull idiots for the elites.

Oh. Wait. Now Islam ISN"T the enemy? Now it's Marxism?

Thanks for demonstrating how the bogeyman is always shifting, as long as it is a vague, nebuous 'other'

The only 'enemy' is division and fear. Stop promoting it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join