It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume for a min...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
Let's all "pretend" or assume, whatever word you would like to describe this, that aliens have made contact, and we found them to be hostile.

What would you do?

Would you stay inside, and lock your doors, would you fight them, would you try and take sides with them?

Personally, I'd fight them, hand to hand combat, head shots, whatever they wanna do, I'm ready to rumble.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousID
Personally, I'd fight them, hand to hand combat, head shots, whatever they wanna do, I'm ready to rumble.

And you'd lose, much as an Ape would lose trying to fight a soldier.

Diplomacy first, but yes if all else fails and it comes down to it , I hope we go down fighting.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
hmmm. I'd probably buy alot of guns, whatever I could find, get abaseball bat and a water hose, just incase they havent seen Signs, lock myself in my house, and tough it out. BRING IT ON!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well first i would try and find out as much info as i could about them, So that i had some very little chance of being able to survive.

I would also wait and see what there intentions are before jumping in to a battle.

Sit back watch and learn is your best bet. Get to know your enemy like a best friend before you do anything.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hard to get to know them when theyre dead on my front Porch!

WHO WANTS SOME?!?!?!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i would bribe them with gold unless they find that useless...............well i dont think if aliens would travel a jillion lightyears just to lose a battle to apes...=)

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Correction, Apes with Nukes and shotguns.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   
yes but i saw a movie where they just sucked the power of a nuke and ate it......i think it was mars attack im sure the ufo's are armor plated so theyre bullet proof

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Lol funny thing about us Terrans (Earthlings) is that we would literally nuke our own planet before we let someone else take over. Remember for the longest time Russia and the U.S. had the Scorched Earth Policy, stating if a Nuke was launched at the U.S. All our missles would fly, anywhere and everywhere, making sure the earth would be literally glowing green.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I think is funny how we always assume aliens to be stronger then us, and how we always assume that they are hostile

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by katt06
I think is funny how we always assume aliens to be stronger then us, and how we always assume that they are hostile

Usually things become hostile when a redneck with a shotgun shoots a little grey guy in the forehead

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Their Kung Fu will defenatly be better than ours.

Me... I would get my potato cannon, because it would be usless to fight. So i would just tick them off by shooting spuds at em!

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   
I fully intend to put funny messages in my anus (so they can find it with the probes) and then stick bananas in their Unimpentium reactors....

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Every species, every living creature has a weakness, and there is always going to be a way to beat your enemy, noone is unbeatable.
So why should you assume aliens are far advanced to us in combat?
If they are indeed small and grey/various other shapes, colors, and have mastered outter space travel, then when would they have time to learn to box? lol

Hostile or not, I'm kidnapping one.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Assuming of course that you're not a grossly overweight, keyboard warrior, with an unshaven face, gout and twinky crumbs all over your man breasts.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar

Originally posted by katt06

Usually things become hostile when a redneck with a shotgun shoots a little grey guy in the forehead

That reminds me of the famous incident with "goblins" in Kentucky. Two of the backwoods types decided that the best way to deal with the intruders was to blast them shotguns.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hang about, you combat solution dudes are forgetting something....they would have complete control over your minds. You'd see a strange light, smell a funny smell....M_I_S_S_I_N_G__T_I_M_E....then you'd wake up naked and cold on deserted road miles from anywhere with a sharp pain in your anus, scoops out of your knee, a small drop of blood and small swelling behind your ear. You wouldn't have the faintest idea how you came to be in your situation, the best you could think of would be that you must of got hammered at a bar and your buddies stripped and dumped you for a laugh. You'd be a mind slave, yet you would have no idea of the double life you now live. You'd notice how the once big tough butch battler you once were had given way to a soft emotional, burst into tears woosie. You'd try to explain to your friends and family, but they had already been taken and reprogrammed and were conditioned to dismiss and ridicule you at worst, or explain it away as a mid-life crisis at best, as they look at each other with that knowing secret smile. You'd stop trying to understand the strange world you now live in and become more interested in homeopathic herbal remedies for athletes foot. When they call for you at night you would go with them and do their work for them. You'd wake up in the morning thinking "what a strange dream". The phone would ring and a friend, perhaps a family member or partner would request that you come out to a phone box on a deserted road in the middle of nowhere to pick them up. Oh and could you please bring some clothes as they must of got so munted on the grog that the night b4 that.................

[edit on 28-7-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
i'd kick em square in the NUTS!!!

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sinobyte

Assuming of course that you're not a grossly overweight, keyboard warrior, with an unshaven face, gout and twinky crumbs all over your man breasts.

Please, don't place details of yourself onto others.
Would you like me to e-mail you my pic?
I'm certainly NOT overweight, do not have an unshaven face (lol),and use the comp here 1-2hrs a day if I'm home.

Now I'm sorry if this offends you, and everyone else who spend countless hours infront of the computer, surfing about, trying to make the most of your melodramatic pathetic excuse for an exsistance, but we all must live our own lives right?

posted on Jul, 29 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Assumptions aside, they will not revel themselves to us for the following reasons.

1. Man is extremely deadly, not only against ourselves but against the enviroment and the unknown

2. Man is not the primitive human that the aliens (might) have encountered over 2000 or maybe 10,000 years ago.

3. Man has something that the aliens fear (possibly), the aliens know they do not posse the destructive weaponary that equals the Strategic Nuclear weapons that we currently posse. Even their (probable) advanced technology/anti gravity etc is not capable of shielding them from the massive effects of the EMP/radiation/ blast/thermal affects of a massive yield nuclear weapon

4. Currently any alien "invasion" would be met be a nuclear strike and then man would wait and see what the alien response would be.

5. Man does not currently posse the ability to communicate with the aliens, they indeed have been sending signals into our solar system, but we have no way of decoding them. Thus since we have no way of decoding them, we have no way of communicating with them, therefor the aliens will not return.

6 Man has not ascended and remains very destructive by nature, contary to our spiritual inheritence (from whatever source). When man can stop killing each other and ascend, then the aliens (might) attempt to find a new way to contact us.

7. Aliens are fragile and do not posse the offensive capability to destroy mankind by waging war against man. They can however alter the DNA of man of the course of time to mutate our reproductive capabilities where we will eventually expire faster then we can successfully repopulate. They have not done this but it might be safe to assume that they are cataloging our DNA samples to build a comprehensive "destruct" code that once introduced and replicated, will prevent mankind from repopulating and will slowly cause our species to die off.

8. Aliens may also introduce a DNA build that could alter mankind into something better, longer life, higher intelligence, more docile etc. But that would be a gift or a reward for good behavior I think, something that we currently lack as a species.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join