It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Debunking the Anti Gold Investing Propaganda

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
This article is for those of you who think actually having real money is a bad thing.
"Real Money" being that which you can hold in your hands and not a bunch of zeros and ones floating out somewhere in the netherworld.
Fiat currency has been tried for the last 4,000 years...it hasn't worked yet.
Most fiat currencies last about 87 years and history is littered with these attempts.
For the article go to: www.bestmetalresearch.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I dont get this. Having read the article I find it to be nothing more than someones personal opinion. This site has been used before to tout the merits of gold and I ask again as when I first encountered it, what else should we expect from those wanting to sell gold?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by redgreen

I would love to buy Gold, but where do you start? How do you know where to buy, find a reputable broker and not get taken? It's all very confusing. If I buy gold do I have to buy shares or can I buy the actual gold to have and hold and is one better than the other? Personally, I would rather have it in my safe rather than a bond. Would love to hear others thoughts on this.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
the only thing i know is under this economy every local shop that goes out of business becomes a "YOUR GOLD FOR OUR WORTHLESS PRINTED PAPER"

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
After reading it, the article seems to shed some light on gold, but the only thing I could come away learning from it is that it's only good if a SHTF situation doesn't occur. It requires the economy to be working, but everyone is buying it because they are worried about the economy itself. If we go into a depression... then it might be useful for sure in buying food-- but the way the planet is going were all going to hell in a handbasket.

Crops are failing, people starving, insane weather, nuclear radiation, plastic covered seas... particularly if food fails then we're going to see a real global meltdown, and then gold will be useless.

But... hey... I'm all for a metal owning because it is better than money and you can trade it. Plus many people would probably value gold higher than silver minus the experts. Unless something terrible happens to it, I say it's definitely better than having tons of [worthless?] paper money.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by NuclearMitochondria

That is a good response, but there are varying degrees of SHTF. I believe you are looking at it from a pure "Mad Max" scenario. What if it's only like Iraq or Afghanistan? The Iraqi dinar is worthless, but you can still deal in Gold and Silver.
At some point in the future Gold and Silver WILL be worthless, but up until then it will retain at least some of it's value. The elite hoard Gold and Silver, why do you think that is?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by AllInMyHead

I can tell you who I trust: APMEX, MJPM, Renaissance Precious Metals, Midas Resources.
You can even buy it on Ebay.
Personally, I think Silver is a much better deal.
But, it's up to do your own research and your own deals. You can rely on others for opinions, but what is true for them may not be so for you.
Above all inform yourself.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Everyone knows silver is the better deal, you can melt it down to make bullets to kill werewolves with.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
or you can use the silver bullets
to coerce the warewolves into stealing everyones gold...
since gold doesn't kill warewolves

the thing is people normally get out as prices rise..
they take profits

people are holding their gold and silver.
and there is record shorts on silver next month
the record short is dwarfed by a record call
so that means the smart money is on Up UP UP
silver in may gold in june...

the paper can no longer be used to keep the physical price down
so look out
PLACE SMILEY HERE
except of course silver profits are at the expense of someones distended tummy...
the paper contracts are gonna fail
at about 47 ( Max kaiser)
if not there soon....
and then the derivatives and the exchange rated funds....

edit on 22-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-4-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join