It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how megaliths were probably molded together.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
just stumbled on this and realized, this is totally plausible in ancient times...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Wow! That's freaking cool!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by taguon

I'm all for novel theories that might give a new understanding of how the Ancients might have built certain monoliths and statues....but I'm not sure if this one is all that plausible. Ancient people were not known for having the ability to create such smooth, and clear mirrors, as this undoubtedly is. Nice, quality glass was a much later invention. I know they would spin large tubs of mercury around in order to make it climb the sides, creating a concave mirrored surface, to use in very early telescopes in the middle ages....Gathering up such amounts of Mercury, and creating a spinning large spinning tub seems an insane endeavor if they could have simply created large concave mirrors. Plus that was in the Middle ages, most of the things you are talking about happened far, far earlier....and unless you are talking about Egypt alone, then the great majority of ancient people had no glass technology whatsoever. Highly polished bronze could be used, but I seriously doubt it could be made to the perfection of the device in this video....nor would it be as reflective. Plus such large bronze mirrors would likely have survived, till today...or at least some of them should have, seeing as how such a thing would be an incredibly important tool. And again...many early civilizations did not have advanced metal skills...

Still a very cool video though!!!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Cool video dude! If you want to know what was more plausibly being used to mold rocks for monoliths and the like, check out this thread!:

The plant that softens stone

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OrganicAnagram33

I would tend to agree. We have lots of stories of people making stones into "clay", then reforming it. Pliny the elder even talked about it, and Hannibal was known to use it. We also have a readily available concept by using the known action of chelation.

We have no sources that I know of that used a gem to make heat. There is that one story of using a mirror to focus the sun and sink a ship...but I am not aware of any other stories from antiquity.

new topics

top topics

join