It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portents.. also known as " Told you so (lol) "

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
From the top.. This the first thread I've posted so if it doesn't follow protocol I apologise.

I read everything I can and Noticed the following and how they apply to the world and what may or may not happen.

Exerpts from Doomsday 1999 by C.Berlitz
p28.. "The end of the fourth or present world will be consumed after the appearance of a now invisible star rushing towards the earth from space" This is a Hopi (Amerindian tribe) legend.. sounds like Nibiru to me.

p37.. "When women dress like men and trousers wear, and cut off all their locks of hair, when pictures look alive with movements free, when ships like fishes swim beneath the sea, when men outstripping birds can soar the sky, then half the world drenched deep in blood shall die" This courtesy of Mother Shipton, a Medieval seeress who also fortold the use of Tobacco and Potatoes ( unknown in Europe at the time).. Possible Global war?

p55.. "Strife will arise through the period, watch for them in Libya and Egypt and in Syria. Through the straits around these areas above Australia, in the Indian ocean and the Persian Gulf" this from the (sleeping) Psychic Edger Cayce in 1939. You will note the countries mentioned and the civil uprisings that have already happened.

p64.. "Overpopulation of the planet in this century was not going to be a problem. Something literally Earth-shattering occurs; a natural phenomenon which I believe will be Divine intervention, something like a meteor"
This from Jeane Dixon a Psychic/seeress in 1978.. Meteor? Elenin?

and finally to all you debunkers of Nibiru and why it's not been mentioned officially..

From the Hynek UFO Report.
p24.. "A scientist will confess (in private) to interest in a subject which is controversial or not scientifically acceptable but, generally, will not stand up and be counted in committee. Scientists are deathly afraid of voicing support for anything that might make them look foolish in the eyes of their peers." One might infer this as 'we know but we won't say anything in case we get laughed at'

you will note NO mention of Sitchin or Von daniken (lol)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by believer74

Everything is either education entertainment or BS
Welcome aboard. Heres a S&F to get you started.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Thanks for posting, too bad you couldn't get a hold of the Webbot prophecies.. Signs of the times vol. 9

Reads like a newspaper these days. Funny how the ancient prophecies from 12 different correlate to Cayce, Nostradamus and Shipton? I don't think it's a coincidence.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

So far all I have checked is the Caycee quote, but with as much material on him as there is online, why is your post the only example of this "Libya" quote that exists on the internet?

I can't find the first quote anywhere either. The Shipton one, though, appears to be real at first glance through the results.

A citation includes the title of the book or journal, the year it was published, and the edition you're getting the page numbers from. Obviously not everything is online regardless, so providing a proper offline citation so people can check your claims is probably a good idea.
edit on 22-4-2011 by sepermeru because: edit button is my best friend

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

So your evidence is a Hopi "prophecy" that there's no documentation on prior to the 1960s; Mother Shipton, who all evidence points to having never existed; there's strife in an area that is known for unrest; a "psychic" who is clearly referring to the 20th century; and a quote from J. Allen Hynek who is saying that scientists will not look into things that doesn't have evidence to support their existence? Personally, that doesn't sound like evidence.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by believer74
From the top.. This the first thread I've posted so if it doesn't follow protocol I apologise.

I read everything I can and Noticed the following and how they apply to the world and what may or may not happen.

Exerpts from Doomsday 1999 by C.Berlitz
p28.. "The end of the fourth or present world will be consumed after the appearance of a now invisible star rushing towards the earth from space" This is a Hopi (Amerindian tribe) legend.. sounds like Nibiru to me.

p37.. "When women dress like men and trousers wear, and cut off all their locks of hair, when pictures look alive with movements free, when ships like fishes swim beneath the sea, when men outstripping birds can soar the sky, then half the world drenched deep in blood shall die" This courtesy of Mother Shipton, a Medieval seeress who also fortold the use of Tobacco and Potatoes ( unknown in Europe at the time).. Possible Global war?

p55.. "Strife will arise through the period, watch for them in Libya and Egypt and in Syria. Through the straits around these areas above Australia, in the Indian ocean and the Persian Gulf" this from the (sleeping) Psychic Edger Cayce in 1939. You will note the countries mentioned and the civil uprisings that have already happened.

p64.. "Overpopulation of the planet in this century was not going to be a problem. Something literally Earth-shattering occurs; a natural phenomenon which I believe will be Divine intervention, something like a meteor"
This from Jeane Dixon a Psychic/seeress in 1978.. Meteor? Elenin?

and finally to all you debunkers of Nibiru and why it's not been mentioned officially..

From the Hynek UFO Report.
p24.. "A scientist will confess (in private) to interest in a subject which is controversial or not scientifically acceptable but, generally, will not stand up and be counted in committee. Scientists are deathly afraid of voicing support for anything that might make them look foolish in the eyes of their peers." One might infer this as 'we know but we won't say anything in case we get laughed at'

you will note NO mention of Sitchin or Von daniken (lol)

Unfortunately Mother Shipton has been rewritten so many times that its hard to pin down her exact prophecies....Alan Vaughan even claims that some of her prophecies were rewritten as late as in the 1960's! Also Richard Head is known to have invented quite a bit of her 'original' prophecies back in 1684...(of course, hey I suppose he could have been a prophet and just not realized it!!!) More info can be found here. www.mysteriousbritain.co.uk...

I don't know about the Hopi prophecies, nearly enough to say much about them....Here is an article that is extremely skeptical that any of the Hopi prophecies that are currently making the rounds are truly ancient Hopi Prophecies. www.2012hoax.org... I'd be happy though, if someone could prove to me their reality. Like I said, I just don't know enough to comment much.

The Cayce one is quite interesting....I suppose we shall just have to wait and see how that all plays out to see how accurate he was. I think he goes to suggest these events are the beginning of a third world war....So, I think we will just have to wait and see...could be nothing but a coincidence...could be proof positive. Hard to say, yet.

Jean Dixon....well predicting a meteor isn't all that new. Plus she doesn't have all that great of a track record. Eventually the Earth will be hit by a meteor rather large...its just a statistical fact. If we are hit 200 years from now, does it still qualify as a "hit" for her? Especially since "this century" is already gone, from the time she made the claim.

As for the quote from the Hyneck report.....I have absolutely no trouble believing that one is entirely true.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

never intended what i posted to be taken as 'evidence'.. it's up to you the reader to make your own mind up.. not for me to foist my opinion onto you.. besides.. I say " may or may not happen" .. the Hynek quote was thrown in for the fun of it to show what some scientists may or may not do.. .. read the quote again.. only this time read it properly.. it has nothing to do with what you think

edit on 22/4/2011 by believer74 because: people jumping to conclusions

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

quotes taken from books published before the advent of the net.. besides what more do you want? I've given you Title and author and page number.. the (libya) quote was the only one in the book.. .. like the tag-line states.. I read a lot.. just happened to notice quotes so wrote them down to post on here.. didn't go looking for them.. if you notice the title of the book ( doomsday 1999 ) it was concerning something that obviously didn't happen.. lol apart from the recent uprisings in those areas.. that's why it interested me..
edit on 22/4/2011 by believer74 because: needed too

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

for those that have got to the bottom of the page and still consider what I wrote to mean evidence..
It doesn't..
what I posted ISN'T meant to be 'evidence' in ANY form..
It's just a collection of quotes taken from a book published in the 1980s before the 'net
if you want confirmation that I quoted correctly.. look for the book "doomsday 1999" by Charles Berlitz in bookshops..
please do not post questioning my 'evidence' as what I posted ( once again) isn't meant to be taken as such.
It's up to you the reader to make your own mind up.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

I’m sure your quotes are accurately reproduced from the source you found them in. The source, however, is about as unreliable as can be: Charles Berlitz, a man who made his fortune making mountains out of mystery molehills. A woo peddler, in other words.

This forum is for subjects related to the exploration of space, and has a generally scientific bias. You may have got a better response if you’d posted this in a more appropriate forum.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Didn't have a choice in what catagory it appeared ( if i did i missed it)..

do you know how to change catogories?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Yes. Go to the board home page, look over the menu of forums appearing there, pick the appropriate one and click on it. Scan the thread list that then appears to see if your topic has already been covered, or do a search; if it hasn’t, click the ‘New Thread’ link. That’s all there is to it.

new topics

top topics

join