It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

global warming the new threat today i have been watching bbc news and there

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Was a live news program about climate change and some think hit me it�s all over the news you can see it now on bbc1 , this is the threat folks global warming. look at the weather lately and did they on sky when talking about the terror leaflets about floods and fires and it could be here long term ?

[edit on 28-7-2004 by leejones]

[edit on 28-7-2004 by leejones]

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Heres a link to BBC news, there is a artical on the right hand side.

Where you can ask an expert about this.

Im sure they will have a full story on this later,

BBC NEWS

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Ok..........but here in Kentucky last night it went down into the upper 50's. It has been exceptionally cool all week, in the 70's, and here it is going into August! Last time it did this, we had a huge blizzard the following winter....

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I submitted a question, but how do I know if/when it will be answered?

They probably wouldn't choose to answer my question, as it addresses issues that aren't regularly discussed.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Global warming will cause climate change and eventually ice age so places that are cold will be hot and places that are hot will be cold until the Ice sheets move south then it gets COLD everywere. Then we die and the fish rule the earth for several million years =).

X

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 09:06 AM
link   
1.) during the time of the dinosaurs geological records have shown the average world temperature to be at least in the 90s F.
2.) humanity has only been actively studying weather scientifically for the past 150 years or so, with only the last 50 years to be fairly accurate. that's not even a speck in the time of the earth, so to assume that we know so much about the way the earth works is just wrong.
3.) weather is so unpredicatble it's impossible to forecast reliably what it will do more than 24 hours in advance.

i have my own theory though... that just prior to the time of the industrial revolution the earth was about to enter into another ice age. remember around the time when big, smog, child-labor using producing industries began springing up all over europe? that was also the time of the "mini-ice age." the smog, fumes, CO2, etc over the years have kept the earth from entering into this ice age. but hey, that's just my idea.

as for all the climate changes that seem to be going on, see point two.

new topics

top topics

join