It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney Needs a Timeout

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 07:09 AM
link   
I saw this and found it amusing, a 12yr old California girl at the Dems convention in Boston, says Cheney should be in "timeout" for his use of language on the Senate floor recently.

Child Tells DNC Cheney Needs A Timeout For Cursing
BOSTON -- A 12-year-old girl from California nearly upstaged some long-time Democratic leaders on the second night of the party's convention in Boston.

Ilana Wexler won a speaking role for launching a Web site called kidsforkerry.com. She described Kerry as a "hero to America" and a "great and positive role model."

But she clearly doesn't feel the same way about Vice President Dick Cheney.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Perhaps Cheney has some serious worries due to his dealings at Haliburton, and that left that poor sensitive man a little upset. We should all give Cheney a pat on the back for encouragement, just keep a clean rag nearby to wipe the grease off your hand afterwards.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I can't help but find it "amusing" that Fox goes ape over Theresa saying "shove it" to a pestering reporter while hailing Cheney for dropping the F bomb in the Senate.

Agreed, Cheney needs a long time out.
joey

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I think we need to give Cheny a break, we are putting him through soo much. i don't want to defend him, but how would of you handled the situation different if you were in his place??

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I think we need to give Cheny a break, we are putting him through soo much. i don't want to defend him, but how would of you handled the situation different if you were in his place??

---

I don't think I'd give my former company a no-bid contract to blow money in a war zone, so it's hard to commiserate, but if I was an asshole I'd probably tell senators to go # themselves, yes.

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by taibunsuu

---
All I can say is this: when I was a teacher, I often had my personal and professional frustrations. I would have loved to have said "FO" to any number of my students (who were primarily 18-25), but I knew that I had to maintain the dignity and decorum of the classroom as well as my authority.
Maybe you can't compare being a "mere" college teacher to being v.p., but I think that we all have to draw the line somewhere at where and how we blow off steam. It's part of being a pro.
joey

top topics

join