It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

no logical proof - are you sick of predictions, dreams, Imaginations, some kind of feelings, too ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I just want to make it clear for myself and then for others.

I just has understood that TV ( media ) is the most effective tool that makes huge influence on us. no matter what our belief or our religion is we simply accept a lie as the majority or good minorities in movies accept that lie.

I have found out that movies have treated me wanting to be appeared like the smart guy , as I enter a place , as I am debating , as I am starting a thread .

the film ' 2012 ' I think has a hidden hero that ( IMHO ) people really accept to be. the man who predicts the end of the world.

as you accept a hero in movie you try to be like that hero.though the man has some proofs for his predictions but here on ATS most of the time there is not any proof about the prediction.

finally : I just want others to think about this before sending threads that are full of predictions that never occur. they are about to lose their credit as they post threads about predicting. they mostly start like ' I got a feeling ...'

remember : I don't want to look like the only smart guy but I want others to stop playing fools.so if you feel the same about the proof-less prediction or even disagree send a reply.

regards
edit on 22/4/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

I get where your coming from, it does get anoying with all the dream predictors or bad feeling predictors, but all in all this is a site for sharing that kind of information so I guess the best you can ask for is for people to use more discrestion when using dates and predicting from their feeling, dreams, imagination ect.. Share but don't fear monger/spread unnecessary fear I guess would be the best way to put it. Peace

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The TV has a channel selector, and an on/off function. Use them.
The prediction category doesn't force us to click on it. If I'm not in the mood for predictions, I don't go there.
It's that simple.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

thank you for the reply. and I am doing the same. when you are talking about some thing and you don't have proof then you are convicted I think.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Intuition is a forgotten sense.

We all want to share our ideas and opinions and some are not hitting home as others do. By the look of a titled post one can either chose to look or not....its up to the individual.

I personally do not watch TV. I take in information via the internet mostly and put it where I see fit. I am an investigator by heart. With that said after dissecting information for myself I come to my own conclusion. Fear is not something I allow in but being aware is the ticket...for me! I like awareness and some don't. ;-)

My son who is 13 comes home and tells me what kids talk about at school. Yesterday he tells me of a story from a girl from Egypt and what her family is going through over there. I hear bits and pieces and then stand back and ask myself... With what is going on these days....with everything! From the latest scientific discoveries to stories of what people are witnessing all over the world. Nuclear events~ happening I hear even in Georgia today. Earthquakes, devastating and numerous tornadoes, hunger, war, birds falling out of the sky, digging deep in the earth, Country going bankrupt, sending something into the Sun for further evaluation, Iran and the like wanting to usher in their messiah, Doctors pushing pills and pill heads all around me, Sun emitting substance changing and possibly will rewrite history as we know it, and how they think it could be changing ALL matter including humans, and it just goes on and on and on.....

The world I see myself living in is chaotic right now and I think others "feel" it as their intuition is nudging them as well to look deeper.

For the open minded individual who doesn't get surprised by much as we live in an ever evolving Solar System on a Planet out in Space. We do not know half of what we think we know. I think we are all just trying to make sense of it all. To some..it appears as promoting fear.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

I just like the people on ATS think for one minute about what they do. if they have a reason they would tell me and I would be enlightened. thank you.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
I was just thinking about this the other day. I think we should have the predictions but they should be on a one strike and your out rule. one wrong prediction and you cant post any more.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So what is the point?

If you made this thread in a attempt to make them stop, then your thread is in vain.

They will do so since thats what that sector of the forum is for.

If you don't like predictions, dreams, and all that good stuff, you don't have to go there.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

People post things like that on ATS because it is the most comfortable place to do it.

Saying it to friends in public gets them to think, "WTF!? That guy is crazy...hes way out there."

It helps people relieve some stress at a place where they still are anonymous in a sense and can't be looked at by their everyday friends like they have lost it.

Not to mention if you have a weird dream and want to talk about it, where else or who else would you talk about it with? Not many options these days since most people don't really care for each other...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

The world I see myself living in is chaotic right now and I think others "feel" it as their intuition is nudging them as well to look deeper.

I agree with you and I think you had hit the point about Intuition. but I think that human being is guilty for what is going on . our ignorance is our enemy and our knowledge is our friend. I want to be taught from the past to build my future too.the question is : do I know enough about my past ?
I think that as I dig deeper into my knowledge I understand more. the break-point is the day that I would say this is enough and I shouldn't go any further.

thank you for reply.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Mizzijr

the point is that ' I like predictions '.

but what predictions ? the predictions that have some proofs and can be told to other guys with no shame.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Quickfix

I think that people should find some place in the society . they should treat others to them . this is the point that they can talk about what they think is logical and understandable for one another. I am on ATS and I talk about what I think is important with my friends out of ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I feel the same... mass media seems to have caused widespread delusions of grandeur.

"Grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur are principally a subtype of delusional disorder but could possibly feature as a symptom of schizophrenia and manic episodes of bipolar disorder. Grandiose delusions are characterized by fantastical beliefs that one is famous, omnipotent, or otherwise very powerful. The delusions are generally fantastic, often with a supernatural, science-fictional, or religious bent."

Everyone seems to believe they're some kind of "chosen one" sent here to save us with a message they got from the way their cereal fell into the bowl on a given morning. Then when they are utterly and hilariously wrong, they quietly slink off, without even apologizing or admitting their error, sometimes creating a new account, only to reappear with a brand new baseless prediction a few days/weeks later. Its getting old.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Watts

thank you very much.

I have grandma that is suffering from bipolar disorder. she was predicting arrival of messiah once.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
reply to post by Mizzijr

the point is that ' I like predictions '.

but what predictions ? the predictions that have some proofs and can be told to other guys with no shame.

Lol, well you get what you pay for. I understand the disappointment, I take the predictions with a grain of salt. I like to read em and all, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

top topics

join