It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico wants to sue U.S. gun makers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thanks for the links bekod!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ViperChili

Russia has two AK manufacturing plants in Venezuela. These plants are supplying all of Latin America with Kalishnikovs. Calderon needs to mend his fence on his side of the border. Don't worry about lecturing Americans.

I hate it when foreigners try to lecture us.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
The ATF's gun running has been all over Univision and Telemundo so they know about it.

Why doesnt Mexico sue the ATF and the feds for smuggling weapons to cartels?

I guess they figure they cant win suing the fed and hitting the US in the 2ndA is good for globalists the world over so why not just go for the easy score.
>...<

Maybe the BATF had good intentions- bringing guns into Méjico and tracking them so they can tell who is buying and selling but that seems to have backfired on them, turning THEM into the suppliers.

And you may question my use of Méjico? Notice the spelling? Even Méjicans can't spell the name of their own country properly. "Mexico" is pronounced "meksɪkəʊ", a.k.a. Mek-sik-oh. Méjico is pronounced as MAYheeco; different things, different words. When one considers Tenochtitlán's "ch" in the middle makes an "SH" sound, what makes them say "CH"(as in CHEW)evrolet instead of "SH"evrolet. Their own language gives them the guidelines but pronunciation becomes so muddled that they can't speak their own language. But I digress....

I thought, to have "grounds" (lol) to sue in the US, you must have a physical presence in the US; i.e. a foreign company must have an office in the US to sue a US company. Would that not apply here? So, if the MX gov't is suing a US corp, the MX gov't must have a corporate office, correct? If the MX gov't isn't incorporated in the US, what recourse do they have? Elevating the claim to the world court? Appealing to the U.N.? W.T.O.?

So now, maybe people can see how the UN will step in and usurp our 2nd Amendment, all pure, plain and legal.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
reply to post by anon102

yes we are the problem we put in laws that ban harmful drugs, coc aine heroin speed that, they the drug dealers are killing each other for. so the price goes up the more violent they the dealers become, be cause we ban the drugs.

We haven't banned oil so why are those prices so high? It costs me $50 or so for a vehiclular high that lasts about 3 hours. Arguably, MJ is cheaper.

edit on 4/22/2011 by abecedarian because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
If it helps settle the debate here's a link to my ATF gunrunner scandle
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

what pray tell does this have to do with the Mexico problem??? drugs guns and illegals, can you tell me why and what lead you to think the high price of gas is related?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaddyBare
If it helps settle the debate here's a link to my ATF gunrunner scandle
www.abovetopsecret.com...

What debate?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

what pray tell does this have to do with the Mexico problem??? drugs guns and illegals, can you tell me why and what lead you to think the high price of gas is related?

Well, if "necessary" consumables aren't banned... ie: coke, cannibis and the like, prices would be low and crime would be low. An ounce of MJ costs more than 20 gallons of gasoline... see the irony and hyperbole?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The mexicans are just looking for someone to blame for their own undoing. They can't manage their own government without hand outs, they can't maintain there own citizenry, cant maintain there own borders, they obviously embrace chaos, or they would have done something about the cartels.

Fact is, from the mexican president all the way down to the mexican military ( if you can even call it that ) is nothing more than corruption. They have been pocketing the monies we give them, and the military is in league with the cartels.

Its like an old 80's movie~

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian

Well, if "necessary" consumables aren't banned... ie: coke, cannibis and the like, prices would be low and crime would be low. An ounce of MJ costs more than 20 gallons of gasoline... see the irony and hyperbole?

Damn... quoting myself, myself.

Drug cartel- MJ, coc aine, etc., etc.
Oil cartel- Crude, LPG, CNG, etc.

All are necessary, so they say, for the US. One group is legal, the other isn't. BUT, cartels control both.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I thought Congress passed a law to protect gun manufacturers from liability. I tried a search and couldn't find it but I thought it passed around 2003 due to cities filing lawsuits against the industry.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by elmrich

is this the law your thinking of? www.criminal-law-lawyer-source.com... from the link

Bill Passed to Protect Gun Makers

Congress has voted to revoke gun-crime victims’ right to sue firearms manufacturers and dealers for damages in court. This law was passed July 2005 in the Senate by a vote of 65-31. It passed this week in the House by a 283 to 144 vote. President Bush says that he looks forward to signing this bill into law. The passage of this bill has been the National Rifle Association’s number one priority this year. Critics claim the passage of this gun law reveals the gun lobby’s power over the legislature.
i hope this helps.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   

ok lets say we did legalize drugs, that is all drugs and the use of them, then what? would that stop the violence? or just add to it? i think it would add to it, why do you ask, for the simple fact, there would always be one that wants it all, that and they would find something else to supply, and kill for.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

God love the work the NRA does for us Patriots.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
this reminds me of when a bunch of illegals sued a farmer over here and won.

not only did they win the farmer had to pay out.

think it wont happen? don't be so sure

mexico suing sounds ridiculous but no so much given todays politics
edit on 22-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
this reminds me of when a bunch of illegals sued a farmer over here and won.

not only did they win the farmer had to pay out.

think it wont happen? don't be so sure

mexico suing sounds ridiculous but no so much given todays politics
edit on 22-4-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

Yeah, and how about that time Westboro Church sued the family of the deceased soldier and won......you got to wonder about liberalism in the legal system.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I want to sue Mexico because the quality of some of their products is lacking.

All seeds. WTF.

I also want to sue Mexico because the nature of their food is that it tastes so good that its irresistible but it makes me sick in about 4 to 6 hours.

I want to sue Mexico because Corona Light is like drinking rat piss.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by DINSTAAR

I've never drunk rat piss, so I can't really comment a comparison, except to say, "What is it about Lite Beer?" Oh, yeah. It's selling to the libido, not the intellect.

And how is it that the wealthiest man in the world lives in Mexico. Oh, yeah. It's a feudal system and Carlos Slim is the king. I almost forgot.
edit on 22-4-2011 by ccponzi because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Thank you bekod. That's what I was looking for. Is this law going to be good enough to protect against a Mexico lawsuit?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The problem isn't the gun makers. The problem is the mexican government needs to have a better grip on this issue. Obviously they suck can't even control the damn cartels. Pretty sad when a drug cartel has more power then the government.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join