It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OMG Popular Song Warns us of Upcoming Doom!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
At the begining of Kesha's music video blow says this to a couple of unicorns--------- So I grabbed the bear by the throat, looked him right in the eyes, and I said "Bear, you have till the count of zero to put some pants on and apologize to the president." And thats the story of how I was elected to the Parliament of Uzbekistan.---------- what does that mean?

Is the Bear Russia? Do you think it warns people of an upcoming finacial doom? Doom to the American dollar or something else? The lyrics of the song also sound very apocolyptic, like the earth is going to blow! Or a Country will collapse etc... what do you think? Watch the video I will post the link

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by amp1214

No I think there's better chances that she's a coke head who says stupid s**t. The song's called 'Blow'

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by amp1214

I think this is more of a scathing indictment of pop music as opposed to a doomsday warning. Something about Russian bears and unicorns doesn't seem terribly threatening.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Are you for real?

No offense it's Keisha I doubt she even knows who is president..The name is BLOW I doubt it has anything to do with doom other than her bank account and personal habits...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Ya, but is she the one who actually writes the songs?

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by amp1214

Ke$ha is a prophet?

I don't believe for a second that crappy lyrics make a warning for upcoming catastrophes.

If she can predict upcoming doom, it should be for her own fade into obscurity in the next few years.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by amp1214

Kesha must be getting popular, she now has her own Conspiracy Theory!

That is a weird thing to say, and the video does have a lot of weird symbology. Still, as in all these theories, I just put it off to video producers making things shocking and deep and popular.

BTW, my wife just watched the video with me and absolutely loved the unicorns and rainbows.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
I agree to an extent as I explained this to my girlfriend last night also, but I also noted that the song could be taken quite literally as just the party aspect. Like loud music, confetti, lights flashing, etc. As I said though, I do see where you're coming from. Also, to mention something else...the radio stations started playing Blow the same time Katy Perry's ET started playing. Coincidence? Probably, but you never know...to top it all off, Lady Gaga's song Born This Way also started playing at the same time on radio stations. Gaga's song Born This Way was one of her least popular songs (at least by my own observations on twitter and other websites) but also mentions God and not being able to change ourselves and that were, well...you know...born this way. All of that very peculiarly before she submits "Judas" to radio stations everywhere. So what's the deal?! But yeah, I probably just pay waaay too much attention to this stuff and I will not be surprised if this is all just one big coincidence. With the release of the songs by the three pop stars though- I was calling it the popstar conspiracy triad heh, oh yeah! One last thought...they say that three is an important number, right? You never know....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   

I agree with most of the posts above.

This girl has probably never formed a coherent thought in her life.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by amp1214

No more than lady gaga is the head of her own wardrobe dept, or kanye designs the insert/cover for his new cd, or nikki minaj directs her own photo shoot... This is all "masterminded" by someone behind the scenes who`s name you might hear once in a while, but who, ultimately, receive their instructions from higher up. This is true whether or not their truly is an illuminati/music industry conspiracy in effect. It`s just the way the industry works. Almost as if it were custom made to allow undetected subversion from shadowy organizations...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Van Der Beek is hurting for work since Dawsons Creek huh

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

You brought up a tidbit that I forgot to mention about the illuminati, actually. Aren't some pop stars supposed to be in relation with the illuminati? Like Gaga I heard shows a lot of symbolism in her videos. So that was another big factor in my theory, which I reiterate is most likely a few coincidences. I just rolled the thoughts around in my head from time to time.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by amp1214

That girl can't keep a though of her own to save her life so probably not...

I can't stand her lol She is up there with gagagga and kayne for me. Trash with no talent.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by amp1214

no, the producers at the studios she records at write the songs. someone she works with says "hey, you're a cokehead, I wrote a song called Blow, lets make it happen." singers like Kesha just take whatever chopped up beat the studio guys make, they don't even have pro songwriters selling them tracks, let alone write their own stuff, it's disgusting. The Rebecca Black formula is how the post-britney generation of singers are made.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Is there room for personal ad hominem attacks on this thread?
If so then I only have this to say and I will be on my way.

That singer who I just discovered today looks too much like a boy to be attractive.
Yes, that was a very limited and off topic post established on what at first glance appears to be limited IQ points,....But don't be fooled.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
OK, I just watched every Kesha video I could find, and lets just say they are "effective" at their intent! MIght have to go snatch the wife from her work at lunchtime!

Every single song, and video is blatantly about sex, but not just sex. It is about her heading out every night with the intention of not going home alone, and getting rid of all the guys that try to sweet talk, and going straight for the bad boys that are forward and direct, and getting wasted. I think the ATS norms are stricter than the ATS norms, because I'm not even comfortable saying some of the lyrics in the songs.

Sex Sells. She is selling it very well. I haven't given her much attention, because I thought she was a cheap rip off of Tigra and Bunny from the early 90's. But, after watching all of her videos, she might be my new Sade! Everyone used to know what was up if Sade was playing in my apartment. Now it might be Kesha.

OH, and for you young bucks. Here is a little taste of Tigra and Bunny. Pretty stupid Miami sound from the early 90's, but Kesha has taken it and blown it up...................

edit on 22-4-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
NO WAIT!

I will contribute to this thread after all.

I think this video sucks in ways that can only be imagined by the diseased cravings of $2 Crack whore.
That being said, I only see a person making lyrics up and not making sense as is usual in these types of videos.
It is not about creating understandable intellectual food any more. Rather it's all about vomiting vowels and consonants into a metal framework of some kind and then pressing and forming it into a CD for sale to the highest bidder.

I see no conspiracy here, I only see a sad story wrapped up in a boyish blond with no talent.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Exsisting thread

Normally I get mad when people do this but when you can type in the name of the artist and a thread from two months ago about the same video, making the same claims pops up .....................

Not trying to be a mod or the thread police, but its not that hard to do. The search engine is our friend ladies and gentleman

Trowa

edit on 22/4/11 by TrowaBarton because: n/m

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think we would all do well to remember these people are no more than created public personas. They aren't real. Whether it be musicians, actors, newscasters, politicians, and so on. If they are in front of the camera, they are acting. No matter how real they may appear to be at the moment. The truth is, we know next to nothing about the real person behind the persona. IMO. Even the little dramas that play out publicly with them, are staged and acted as a whole. I'm not saying 100%. But much of what we see is publicity stunts for the masses.

Yes. The symbolism is heavy in this video. We all know TPTB are narcissists and megalomaniacs, so nothing surprising there. But symbolism is also communication for those who understand the meanings. And symbolism has different levels of understanding.

It is true that one can read anything into anything. Which is why symbolism in images and language are so effective. If you do notice either, you'll only get glimpses as to the meaning behind them. And if you point it out, you're a nut job, and now relegated to the fringe.

My point is balance. Don't deny what is obviously hidden in plain sight. But let's not see pink elephants everywhere either.
edit on 22-4-2011 by Klassified because: grammar police

edit on 22-4-2011 by Klassified because: gp2

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
There is this high tec thing called "google" that has everything you want to know on it. Some is truthful, some not so much. This is what that young woman had to say about that particular song.

en.wikipedia.org...

I don't believe it. I think it's part of a Zionist, homosexual, biker gang, plot to take over the free world; or at least most of California and perhaps Albuquerque.

but realistically as Klass said it's called "product" by production companies of which I work for. Get some product out there and ride that unicorn until it's horn falls off. Then find another mode of transportation and hype the **** out of it.

Same thing in my media, film. The masses need their bread and circus and we're gonna give it to em.

These are the words, by H. L. Mencken, we live by....

"No one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the American people"

edit on 22-4-2011 by whaaa because: viva la pepa!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join