It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Guy with Strange Sound Data

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
sounds like that could solve it since IIRC the map of noises was in a pretty straight line!

onwards second line warriors!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
WoW that would drive me NUTS hearing that! I protest for my sanity at the very least dang thats LOUD! That could be damaging in so many ways and yet its Legal

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Why did this thread get moved into the "Highly Speculative Conspiracy Theories" section...AKA...Skunkworks?????

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
That is really weird, sounds like wind, but I didn't see the trees moving much at all.
I would be a little freaked out about it, to tell you the truth,
Good find mate.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
When I get up to 20 posts I'll do a thread on it in the same place the other sound thread is at I guess.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

because its not wind.....Pipelines are pressurized to extream pressures for testing 3000-5000 psi. they have to discharge this pressure...thats the noise..thats all...nothing strange about it...annoying..but not strange.

just compressed air.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I heard this sound in ALOT of videos..
someone is keeping a secret since there not been an explination in the media

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by neonpsyke

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'd seen another video on youtube a couple weeks earlier "which some of you had provided links too" and was dumbfounded when I saw it. In the video there was a large Flash and the sound stopped. Did this happen also?
Thanks for clearing up this mystery!
That is way too loud a test to be allowed in a residental area.
Are they at least warning people ahead of time?
It's crazy...I play my music too loud and the cops are at my door in 20 min.
I think they need to come up with a better and quiter way to run their tests.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
This is likely what is making the noise.
(By the way, many of the spring operated ones have a lever/hydraulic actuator/solenoid that allows for blowdown testing.)

Maybe there's a conspiracy to do safety testing on high pressure natural gas systems all across the country?

It would be nice if they'd actually be half-arsed to let people know of such testing ahead of time so there would be less mystery or paranoia involved. (Also so people living nearby could have the option to head out of town on the day of testing so they don't have to listen to it all day.
That noise really is a public nuisance.)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

wow, thanks. I live in NW Fl but have yet to hear any sounds similar to what has been reported.
Looks like if it were really loud, the neighborhood folks would complain.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I think this is the very first time I've seen a video of any mystery, on youtube or on ATS, where someone tracked down the source of it. NICELY DONE. s&f

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

I've never heard that sound in my life coming from pipes and I'm 32 years old, are you a plumber by any chance?, and if you are, at what decibels is this sound normally recorded at, because it sounded loud to me.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
According to Florida Gas Transmission it was a type of 'blow out' to clear newly installed pipelines of debris and what not. The only reason I posted this was because it sounded a lot like the previous video that was posted, especially when I woke up in the morning. My neighbors and other friends in the area heard them doing this last month at 3 am in the morning also. So the times they do this vary I guess (look at the tbo article in the beginning in the thread Julie posted).

If someone would make a thread where this counts to help out that'd be great. I'm not going to spam your forums to make a post count so I can share this, so it'll be awhile before I get to. It looks like a solid answer and I only came to share it, so do what you will. ^_-

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

I am a plumber......With 22 yrs in the irrigation industry....Blowing out large irrigation systems with compressed air..lots of it
youtu.be...

edit on 23-4-2011 by wrathchild because: foolishness

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wrathchild

Thanks mate, I watched the vid on you tube, that explains it for me

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Thanks again for your outstanding footage and sound

I had a dream about your thread belive it or not...
in the dream you had a green laser pointer where you pointed it at the sky when at the place where the sound was loudest. And the beam hit some kind of invisible craft.

I would love to see you point a laser up in the sky next time, if you hear the sound again, who knows.. it could be a cloaked craft of some sort...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join