It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Townsville QLD Australia...short story competition.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
If you live in Townsville Queensland Australia, you are invited to enter a short story,
The prizes are sweet. But be quick as they didn’t give much notice, I found out by the local free paper that gets delivered, Townsville Sun. I received the paper on 21 of April and the entries close on 18th may.

Are you a Townsville writer?
CityLibraries Townsville Short Story competition is open now, with entries closing Wednesday 18 May, 5pm
Are you aged 13 and above and live in Townsville? Enter your short story of 1000 words (young adult) or 2500 words (adult) in CityLibraries Townsville Short Story competition and you could win an iPad or other great prizes, and your story will be published on our website! Use a Townsville theme.

Submit your story before Wednesday 18 May, 5pm, for your chance to win.

Categories and prizes
Young Adult 13-17 years >> 1000 words
QWC membership, iPad, one year's subscription to Australian Writer's Marketplace online, and story published online.

Adult over 18 >> 2500 words
QWC membership, iPad, enrolment into Introduction to Creative Writing Online, and story published online.
Theme
Townsville

Conditions of entry
Only residents of Townsville can enter, and writers may submit only one entry each.
Employees of Townsville City Council and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
All entries must be previously unpublished original fiction works with a Townsville theme. Copyright will remain the property of the author. All works must not have won prizes, contracts or cash in any other competition. All entries must be typed with double line spacing and word limits will apply.
Entries will only be accepted with a completed entry form attached. The author's name should not appear on the story.
Entries will be judged anonymously. Manuscripts will not be returned. All requirements apply for online submissions also.

www.townsville.qld.gov

Queensland Writers Centre

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I started writing a story in a similar way I did the silver teapot.

Then after re reading the details it sounds more like they want the pros of living in Townsville lol
So my alien abduction, cow mutilations and underground tunnels and including the defence force doesn’t really sound like something they are looking for.

But ill finish the story anyway and just post it on ATS.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Short Story "All our ancestors are criminals, the end"

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Whateva69
I started writing a story in a similar way I did the silver teapot.

Then after re reading the details it sounds more like they want the pros of living in Townsville lol
So my alien abduction, cow mutilations and underground tunnels and including the defence force doesn’t really sound like something they are looking for.

But ill finish the story anyway and just post it on ATS.

It may not be what they are looking for, but we would sure love to read it.

I'm sure you could come up with something with pros of living in Townsville.

posted on Apr, 27 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tsawyer2

Well we haven’t really done anything yet, as we don’t have working vehicle at the moment, so it makes it difficult to get out and see and do things.
But we did get to go the drumming of the full moon, and that was way cool.

Full Moon Drum Circle

The Rythm Connection

Drum circle a gathering of all cultures - Townsville Bulletin

Salvador is set to lead the first Full Moon Drum Circle for 2011 at The Strand Amphitheatre tonight.

The event, now in its 11th year, is the brainchild of Mr Salvador, a Filipino national.

Drum circles are renowned for providing a gathering place for people from all cultures, ages and genders to stand side-by-side.

Mr Salvador said the unique event was an opportunity for people to come together to express themselves, share their story, and find their own unique life rhythm.

"The drum circle has become quite a cultural event since we first held one in 2001," he said.

"We held our last drum circle back in November so there is going to be a lot of people out there with itchy palms ready to drum."

The 36-year-old juggles his love for music with employment as liaison officer at James Cook University.

He said the event was a wonderful opportunity to unite the community.

Townsville's drum circle is tipped to be the only event of its kind in North Queensland.

offers an arsenal of instruments for willing participants on the night including about 50 drums and more than 100 percussion instruments.

Maybe i could do something about that.

posted on Apr, 28 2011 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

underground tunnels and including the defence force.....

Im very suspect of Mt Stuart , After a bit of research , ive concluded its a mountain/underground base , also ive heard Harveys Range is highly suspect , also underneath lavaracks army base .

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Hi Whateva !

What ever became of this contest?

Did you enter it?

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsawyer2

Hi Whateva !

What ever became of this contest?

Did you enter it?

no i didnt enter it lol
i coulnt think of anything, i hardly leave the house.

its been a while since i even went back to my big story that i'm writing for my hubby,
its like a movie playing in my mind, but at the moment its a VHS tape thats been streached and pulled apart and it wont go past a certain point

nice to see you back posting tsawyer2

love and harmony
Whateva

top topics

join