It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Forget "Big Brother", Our Army of "Little Brothers" is Here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2004 @ 06:44 AM
link   
Following on the heels of the Abu Ghraib crisis, and the way in which the pictures were discovered, new information is surfacing that P2P networks may contain secrets and information best kept out of the wrong hands. A new blog, SeeWhatYouShare is posting pictures, documents, letters, and other items posted to P2P networks by soldiers in U.S. military bases in Iraq and elsewhere. "Big brother" isn't watching, instead, "little brothers" have digital cameras and camera phones everywhere.

news.com.com
The "See What You Share" site has been online for a week and has published photos ranging from a crashed military jet to a screenshot of a spreadsheet file that appears to include names, addresses and telephone numbers of marines.

The site's operator, a 30-year-old named Rick Wallace, wrote in a blog posting that he is trying to help the military understand how serious a security risk unmonitored peer-to-peer file sharing can be. CNET News.com could not independently verify the authenticity of the documents posted on the site.

"I want everyone to know that we can be our own worst enemies when we don't understand the full power of our technology," Wallace wrote in a posting explaining the site. "I want every military and government agency to see firsthand what is being shared with anyone who has a computer. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, I can save myself some talking."

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Example image.

The blog features some alarming looks at the type of information showing up on file sharing networks from our new "little brothers" around the world. This, it would seem, is a fundamental shift in the expected paradigm of popular NWO mythology. While we sat and feared the coming age of fascism disguised as exuberant democracy, normal folk are using the pervasive technology of the new culture of the Internet to keep tabs on "the government".

An interesting twist of technology.

Related News Links:
www.net-security.org
www.internetnews.com

[edit on 7-28-2004 by Valhall]

join