It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Fukushima Plutonium And Strontium Bombarding US West Coast Since March 18th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Thanks again. Without this site, news like this and precautions both would have blown right over the heads of me, and in turn my family and friends. And that's a very very sad thing. Some of my friends forgot about this. Because it wasn't on the news in recent days. Out of sight, out of mind, right? Jesus...

I'm learning that plutonium is also a very heavy substance... When Chernobyl exploded, its been reported that it fell only a short distance from the reactor...

Is there any updated website with results about what's spreading to where? When I shouldn't be outside while it rains, things like that? There is no way it should be this hard to find information.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jojopin

Great site that gathers a wide array of underreported news.

enenews.com...

Also, Plutonium, Uranium and other nasties have been detected in North America as a result of Fukushima fallout.

theintelhub.com...

One enlodged particle of Plutonium in the body will %100 result in cancer, if the many sources Ive been feverishly reading are at all accurate.

I have no way of judging this information, but it would seem that this cant be good.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo_Serf
reply to post by Jojopin

One enlodged particle of Plutonium in the body will %100 result in cancer, if the many sources Ive been feverishly reading are at all accurate.

Which sources are you reading? I've heard its bad, but not '1 atom will kill you' thus far.

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

The body takes what it can. That's just a percentage of what's in the environment. Same principle with carbon dating. Did you know we use the elements you mentioned in dating for older things then carbon can date?

posted on Apr, 25 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Thank you kindly. This along with that whole 'Elenin' scare has me feeling in crosshairs constantly. Debating on whether or not my paranoia is a gift or a curse.
Anyway, it seems as of now, I can only find that Massachusetts is contaminated but not severely. Then again, who can I believe? I'm sure Long Island has at least some radiated rain...

The fact that nobody in Japan seems to know basics of reactor accident progression that I learned at Sandia Labs in early 1980s is truly scary, because it suggests they are playing with these broken/leaking reactors and SNF pools inside at least three buildings totally destroyed by steam explosions … as if the reactors and their SNF pools are broken toys that they’re using trial and error to try fixing.

I can't wrap my head around this. Speechless.

Will continue to pray for soonest possible containment. It takes a colossal will to do what these workers are doing. They're literally on a suicide mission, certain that each one of them will die. My prayers go out to their loved ones.
edit on 25-4-2011 by Jojopin because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 26 2011 @ 05:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by starchild10

Originally posted by Strype

In layman's terms, it takes a while. You're most welcome to remain ignorant while you wait for us to "get back to you." Figured I'd try giving you a head start by pointing you in the right direction.

Cheers,
Strype

Well said. I would also like to point out the steady and hideous rise in cancer cases. Now why would that be eh? Let's figure out a common cause here. Oh I know, eating, drinking and breathing!

Is that sarcasm (I most defintely hope it was)? I couldn't tell. But just in case it wasn't, the "steady and hideous rise in cancer cases" has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Japanese Earthquake, Tsunami, or the plant in Fukushima. Re-read my post (and linked articles) if you're having trouble understanding why.

If it was sarcasm, I apologize. It's hard to tell the difference between ATS's smart-assism and seriousness these days.

Cheers,
Strype

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91

The body takes what it can. That's just a percentage of what's in the environment. Same principle with carbon dating. Did you know we use the elements you mentioned in dating for older things then carbon can date?

I not sure how carbon dating relates to the topic so perhaps you could enlighten me.

By your assertion, wouldnt a % rise in deadly substances in the enviroment (Plutonium being one of the absolute deadliest) result in a % rise in death?

Are you saying that the body is unable to absorb and integrate plutonium into its makeup? If so, wouldnt Plutonium be harmless?

If 'the body takes what it can', and it *can* absorb and incorperate Plutonium, (which it most surely does, in the liver especially) wouldnt this be cause for extreme alarm?

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Jojopin

In my layman opinion, everyone in the Northern Hemisphere should be engaged in some sort of countermeasure against this, to the best of their means. Detox and supplements should be a fact of life from now on.

Or trust the authorities who proclaim that a little Plutonium in your body is actually good for you. Your life, your call.

posted on Apr, 29 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

I recall reading that larger materials cannot be integrated into the body. The atomic number is just to heavy. That does not make it harmless. As its presence is harmful, not it's use. Many materials, like lead, are not harmful in presence, but in their use (replacing oxygen in the blood).

A % increase in radioactive material does not necessarily mean a % increase in death. It does mean a % increase in mutation, but it takes a huge increase to create harmful affects. Remember, every second of your life countless radioactive residue is penetrating your body in the form of protons, electrons, and neutrons, hitting your dna and aging you slowly. It's all to often to forget that the sun is a radioactive object, constantly barging us. Bananas are radioactive. Your computer screen is radioactive, everything is radioactive to some small amount, it's just when the level of output means it is likely to hit your dna that you need to worry. At this moment in time, that is only within 20 km or so of the plant.

In truth, you made me realize something. You could, in theory, have flawed dating ages if the radiochemistry of the environment was different.

Rest assured, while the world is slowly dieing, it's not at a point of worry yet. We put out far more radioactive and acid materials at your average chemical plant for your computers and what not than this plant. And that's why historic monuments are decaying faster than ever before.

Point is this. You live with radiation. And radiation is just the chance that something hits your dna. And of that, there is a chance it could be cancerous.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Yup, figured it was found in Alaska. The EPA won't test the fish and waters because they say there's no risk of high levels, and people keep saying "fallout won't go that far!"...
Time to stock up on last seasons already frozen fish.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join