It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Fukushima Plutonium And Strontium Bombarding US West Coast Since March 18th

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I am becoming more and more angry with the "Japanese". Their hive mentality culture and submissiveness to authority is completely unable to deal with a global disaster like this. For manufacturing complex electronics their culture is ideal. They still do not have a plan to deal with this thing. It will be months if not years before anything happens to stem the radiation. The Soviets had plans being executed within days of Chernobyl. The Japanese have nothing. When the old Soviet empire is looking efficient and transparent in comparison when dealing with a crisis you know we have a problem.

We need to stop talking half-lives of radioactive isotopes and talk real numbers. Multiply the half-life by 5 to get total period of radioactivity.

The radiation is in the food chain at this point. There is no escaping it. My family could start eating our emergency food (already into the milk) but that only buys a couple of years and does not eliminate environmental exposure.

Any municipal water supply that is exposed to the air, has been and is being, irradiated. Drink it and you give yourself internal emitting radiation, the gift that keeps on giving. One cesium-137 atom integrated into my soft tissue is one too many.

It is only a matter of time before every single food item on the planet created from this point forward will be irradiated.

I am really saddened to look at my kids and think of their future.

Come on Japan... Get it together and DO SOMETHING.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I've only been with ATS for a few weeks. The reason I originally went here was because of the strange jet noises and rumbling sounds being heard all around the world, including my own area in Idaho next to the Canadian border. That site was recently taken down on the home page list even though it had 58 pages and counting. Why? I think anybody would consider this a 'hot topic'; apparently ATS didn't. Instead we get forums about Lady Gaga's latest publicity stunt. Obviously ATS thought Lady Caca was more important than the mystery noises. I emailed ATS about above subject, but received no reply.

The Apple Iphone was just found to have the ability to record personal information which is readily accessable to the authorities. NBC news had this story two days ago, and the internet is full of sites regarding this topic. Why is this subject not considered a hot topic and not in the contents list on the home page? Actually it's listed, but I challenge anybody to find it. Obviously ATS buried it for a reason; IS APPLE AN ADVERTISER? Makes me wonder. Is this an example where the bottom line of finance is more important than the spirit of ATS? Or are the owners just "out of it"?

I also find the manners and mentality of a large number of people posting to be lacking. Personal insults seem to take precedent over real information sharing in a spirit of basic civility.

ATS--PLEASE REMOVE ME AND MY POSTS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REMOVE ME FROM MEMBERSHIP--I NOW CONSIDER THIS SITE NOT TO BE WHAT IT IS PURPORTED TO BE; AND I'M NOT ALONE IN MY ANALYSIS AND OPINION.

Sincerely,
Grimalkin

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I guess I wouldn't put it past TPTB.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
got my info... ats is just lagging for me.
edit on 23-4-2011 by yoyoyoyo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
A guy named Dutchsince and his buddy,,, "Mike" will be doing a cross country tour of the U.S of A and they will be bring along another guy G.R. Counter, i know funny name but those guys look like their pretty straight shooters, but G.R will keep them safe ,, ohh just u-tube dutchsince.
Good luck guys

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

How much? It These matter participants are not that dangerous until en mass for prolonged periods of time.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

Nine more months of radiation spewing out of Fukushima? I live on the east coast of the US with a pregnant sister. I am truly tremendously grateful for the Fukushima Fifty giving their lives to continue working on the plant, really I am, but nine months is insane (is it?). We're getting small particles here in New York and they say no amount of radiation is good for you. So multiplying this by nine?

I pray every night for this to be contained.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Jojopin

Radiation is just the probability of a particle dislodging a part of your DNA and mutating you. Every day countless billions of particles hit your dna and energize it, always close to dislodging it but obviously only rarely doing it, because life still exists on Earth. However, everything from that monitor you are using to a banana is bursting very large particles at you and increasing your chances of mutation. Every day we view screens constantly blaring particles at our face. We will probably see eye problems increase in a few decades.

Basically, radiation is part of life. And unless you are within a 20 KM or so of the plant, you're not getting anything beyond a routine solar flare.
edit on 24-4-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

you're not getting anything beyond a routine solar flare.

so just how much Ce 137 am I ingesting from that solar flare???

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by okiecowboy

You're not. But that doesn't change the fact that you're getting hit by things. Weather it comes from the sun or a heavy molecule is irregardless to the fact you ARE getting hit by particles. They're the same particles. Electrons, protons, neutrons. Doesn't matter if it comes from a flaming ball or plasma or a flaming dirty bomb in japan. It's not like their diseased or something because they came from there. They ARE hitting you. And until these reach a level that is hazardous, it's not changing anything about the biological fact that you are dieing, and it is because you are being hit by particles.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

First readings
www.youtube.com...

Are at this web site ,, actuall video won't copy&paste.
edit on 24-4-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Thanks, that does provide some comfort. I still feel uneasy about the plutonium in the ocean. It's known that the Japanese aren't telling the entire effect of the story. How exactly will I know if plutonium poses a great threat to the east coast? It's not like I'll hear it on the news...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Friend, I humbly urge you to learn the difference between INTERNAL radioactive emitters and EXTERNAL radioactive emitters. Google the 'PETKAU effect' for a more clear understanding.

Injested and bioaccumulated internal radioactive particles are by order of magnitude far more deadly than radiation abosorbed from an external source.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
For scientists, the Petkau Effect may be illustrated as follows:18, 22, 64

A long term exposure of extremely low radiation (i.e., one-ten millionth of a rad per minute) was found to be 100 BILLION times MORE lethal than a short term exposure to exceedingly high level radiation (i.e., 10,000 rads per minute). As it turns out, Petkau discovered that at exceedingly high radiation levels, the abundant free radicals generated in tissues tended to cancel each other out before they could do cellular damage. But at extremely low levels of radiation, these same free radicals - produced in minuscule quantities - remain unchecked. And any steady stream of unchecked free-radicals will efficiently and lethally cleave lipid cellular membranes like a hot knife slicing through butter once they overwhelm and exhaust cellular antioxidant defenses. This dramatically illustrates the non-linear aspects of dose (rads) to lethality. Most scientists specializing in the field of nuclear medicine are unaware of this fact. And most think strictly in terms of genetic damage, while the above presents its lethal affects upon cell membranes and only secondarily to the genetic core.

doctorapsley.com...

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

Injested and bioaccumulated internal radioactive particles are by order of magnitude far more deadly than radiation abosorbed from an external source.

that was exactly the point I was going to make...thank you.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Jojopin

You hit the nail on the head. The ocean is a problem. The thing about heavy radioactive materials is that they cannot be digested easily, and in general are not. But they find their way to the bottom feeders and there is the problem. because bottom feeders are designed to eat whatever there is. Basically, you might want to avoid crabs and bottom feeders from that region for a decade. At least until the materials are no longer in the cycle at dangerous levels. As organisms die and dirt covers them, the materials find their way to places outside the cycle and are no longer a problem. That's why you'll find strontium in tree bark and mud pits for a long time, but not in your food and things a few years later.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

Unfortunately, your blog is not a source.

And I refuse to contribute into your google adsense account over hysteria. Post a direct link your data or I am going to click that warning button and call this a hoax.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo_Serf

That's assuming the amount is large and that the body can physically absorb it. Like I said about, strontium is a problem in mass, but not uranium or other heavy materials. The body simply did not evolve to absorb such things. And the other ones, while a problem, are not until the radioactive levels are larger.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Im certainly no expert, and I certainly hope youre right, but from what I have been able to gather from my dragnet of information cast since the first meltdowns is that the body will bioaccumulate radioactive particles of all types if it is deficient in the substances that look to the body like the nutrients it is depleted in. Thus, if the thyriod is low on good ol non radioactive Iodine, it will readily absorb the radioactive sort. Or if the bones are low in Calcium, Stronium will be taken up and incorperated into the skeleton.

Again this is a total lay understanding, and I hope youre right in saying that Uranium will pass through us harmlessly like water, but according to what I have learned in this last month, this may not be the case.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grimalkin
I've only been with ATS for a few weeks. The reason I originally went here was because of the strange jet noises and rumbling sounds being heard all around the world, including my own area in Idaho next to the Canadian border. That site was recently taken down on the home page list even though it had 58 pages and counting. Why? I think anybody would consider this a 'hot topic'; apparently ATS didn't. Instead we get forums about Lady Gaga's latest publicity stunt. Obviously ATS thought Lady Caca was more important than the mystery noises. I emailed ATS about above subject, but received no reply.

The Apple Iphone was just found to have the ability to record personal information which is readily accessable to the authorities. NBC news had this story two days ago, and the internet is full of sites regarding this topic. Why is this subject not considered a hot topic and not in the contents list on the home page? Actually it's listed, but I challenge anybody to find it. Obviously ATS buried it for a reason; IS APPLE AN ADVERTISER? Makes me wonder. Is this an example where the bottom line of finance is more important than the spirit of ATS? Or are the owners just "out of it"?

I also find the manners and mentality of a large number of people posting to be lacking. Personal insults seem to take precedent over real information sharing in a spirit of basic civility.

ATS--PLEASE REMOVE ME AND MY POSTS FROM YOUR WEBSITE AND REMOVE ME FROM MEMBERSHIP--I NOW CONSIDER THIS SITE NOT TO BE WHAT IT IS PURPORTED TO BE; AND I'M NOT ALONE IN MY ANALYSIS AND OPINION.

Sincerely,
Grimalkin

One less over-paranoid troll. We will miss all 79 of your posts.
edit on 24-4-2011 by amongus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join