It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radioactive Fukushima Plutonium And Strontium Bombarding US West Coast Since March 18th

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The EPA has been posting data of its air, milk, and rainwater radiation online through the socrata data system.

But they have hidden many results from the public including the detection Plutonium, Strontium and several Cesium isotopes all of which began falling along the entire US west coast since March 18th.

Radioactive Fukushima Plutonium And Strontium Bombarding US West Coast Since March 18th

Lucas Hixton Whitefield tips us off to the fact that the EPA has been detecting Plutonium and Strontium along the entire US West Coast since March 18th.

[...]

Recently while searching the EPA RADnet database for radiation reports, we found a link to the main database. It included the RADNet monitoring data for many isotopes not released in the public reports.

Notice that:

1. Plutonium was found from Alaska. to San Francisco California. and down into Guam from 03/18/2011
  2. Strontium was detected in the United States on 03/18/2011
  3. Isotopes found not released in public reports Plutonium, Strontium and Cesium
  4. What do the negative values mean in the results column?

Alexander Higgins Blog

Despite assurances from the talking heads that radiation is good for you and plutonium will make you live longer, plutonium is one of the most deadly substances known to man and Strontium is also well known for wreaking havoc in your bones.

The previously hidden EPA data shows the detection of Plutonium-239 with a half-life of 24131years and Plutonium-238 for 87.75 years.

Both isotopes of have been detected with the half life of Strontium-89 being 50.55 years and the half-life for the Strontium-90 at 28.6 years.

edit on 22-4-2011 by alexhiggins732 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I have put a Google Docs Spreadsheet of the Plutonium, Strontium, And Cesium Separated By Air, Rain, And Milk> online which is basically the tables above.

Lucas has also put a Google spreadsheet of his EPA radnet search showing where Plutonium, Strontium, and Cesium have been detected online with all of the original columns from the EPA data.

I will update this post with a more user-friendly view of the EPA result data.

In the mean time, you can get to the EPA data yourself, though it is rather confusing.

1. Start here: Final step of the advanced custom EPA Radnet data search here.
  2. Then simply enter 3/11/2011 as the start date and today’s date as the end date.
  3. Scroll down click the radionuclides to include in the results, for example plutonium.
  4. Finally click search database to view the results or download to CSV to save the results on your PC.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Of course it's in the air these assholes don't care about us they raises the limits so it's safe go back to sleep

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by MrSmokeydogg7

Tell me about it. A local EPA official in Ohio told the local news paper that iodine in the water above 3 pCi/l was harmful. Apparently didn't get the memo that the EPA has switched over the FDA standard which allows 1 in 2,200 to get cancer and 1 in 4,400 to DIE from cancer.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

Great research. Many of us have been searching for the "real and complete data." Will dig into your links and thanks for the work. Also, would you be able to link reports of the EPA's adjustments to their levels - probably in the "coined term" derived intervention levels. Search engines seem to be returning murky and flooded results lately so it is hard to get to the bottom of the evidence. Cumulative levels are also being broken into small time blocks vs actual exposure in most results. All help is appreciated and thanks so much for the information in this thread to research.
Well done.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

In terms of the EPA switching over to the FDA's Derived Intervention Level (DIL)

1) A great explanation is in this post: Japan Nuclear Radiation In San Francisco Milk Exceeds Infant Dose In Less Than 3 Gallons
2) Realize that DIL is not a level of safety... It is a level so high that a single dose will cause severe health effects. I am actually in the process of writing a post about a local EPA official who didn't get the Federal memo that the EPA was covering this up by using the FDA level and admitted to a local newspaper that doses above 3 pCi/L are harmful.

The main thing to keep in mind is the EPA safety level is 3 pCi/L under which it can not be statistically proven there are health effects. It is set to allow a total radiation dose of 4 millirems per year which equates to 1 death from cancer per million.

Using the FDA's derived intervention level allows for cancer in 1 out of 2,200 people and DEATH FROM CANCER IN 1 OUT OF4,400. By no means is this a "safe" level and the FDA website even says so.

Also, don't be fooled by comparisons to background radiation or dosages from x-ray, ct-scans or airline flights. There are entirely different than the dose you receive from internal emitters. Internal emitting radiation is much more dangerous by a factor of a trillion.

Even with the external emitting radiation, here are some statistic that might wake you up, pulled from the American Cancer Society, NJDEP and Health Physics Society...

http://(nolink)/2011/04/08/background-radiation-safe-find-people-cancer-die-15425/

1. 43% of people in US will develop cancer
  2. 22% of people in US will die from cancer
  3. 12.9% of people in US will develop cancer from background radiation
  4. 16.6% of people in US will die from cancer caused by background radiation.

In terms of raw numbers using the census population for 2010 at approximately 308 million for the US:

1. Develop Cancer - 43% - 132.76 million
  2. Death From Cancer - 22% - 67.92 million
  3. Cancer From Background Radiation - 12.9% - 39.82 million
  4. Death From Background Radiation Cancer - 6.6% - 20.37 million

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
When the Japanese reactors first blew-up, I was somewhat concerned about the approaching fallout. A week after the event I began taking kelp supplements for iodine. I've been taking supplements for years and I took kelp during Chernobyl as well. I have thought about all the fallout from the A-bomb tests before I was born and all the pollution we've spewed across the globe during my life time. I have, until recently, thought that fallout from testing was long over and that at least some pollution was being reduced, and so I had some hope in a gradual change over to a healthier environment. I can no longer have that hope with the thought of a continuous stream of fallout coming across the Pacific Ocean.

Anyway, my paranoia has gone up to the point where I avoid seafood, milk, cheese and spinach. I try to avoid going out in the rain and my mind has been entertaining the thought of how my world would look after a severe fallout scenario. I keep wondering how I (or anyone for that matter) can function on a daily basis knowing that our world is being continuously damaged like this. Add to this GMOs, DU rounds, the risks of deep oil wells, fracking, and the floating dump out in the Pacific and I just feel numb and hopeless. Hopelessness is beyond paranoia and depression in my opinion. Lately I just go through the motions of a living a life.
edit on 22-4-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: TYPO

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732

In terms of raw numbers using the census population for 2010 at approximately 308 million for the US:

I can see the dollar signs in Big Pharma's eyes!

Look at all those people who will pay big bucks over lengthy misery until they die!

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alexhiggins732

http://(nolink)/2011/04/08/background-radiation-safe-find-people-cancer-die-15425/

And there is nothing anyone can do about it at this point. And this explains why the Republicans are in SUCH a hurry to kill Medicaid/Medicare completely.
What a farkin disaster.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

must watch

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by alexhiggins732

Again, thank you for this information. My question is has this research led to communication or inquiry with the EPA by those involved in this discovery as to why and on what grounds this information is being withheld from their public announcements and summaries about radiation risks in the U.S.?

Would you be willing then, to share communications investigators have had with the EPA regarding this possible cover-up of information vital to the health of citizens? Thank you in advance if you are able to share this information.

I am concerned about what grounds they state and their reasons for not summarizing this information in their reports to Congress and the population along with the impact on public health. Why would they not share this data, along with short-term contaminants (probably a rhetorical question?)

Are there any safety precautions citizens can take to protect themselves against these unreported radioactive contaminants?

Thank you again for sharing this important information.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
When the Japanese reactors first blew-up, I was somewhat concerned about the approaching fallout. A week after the event I began taking kelp supplements for iodine. I've been taking supplements for years and I took kelp during Chernobyl as well. I have thought about all the fallout from the A-bomb tests before I was born and all the pollution we've spewed across the globe during my life time. I have, until recently, thought that fallout from testing was long over and that at least some pollution was being reduced, and so I had some hope in a gradual change over to a healthier environment. I can no longer have that hope with the thought of a continuous stream of fallout coming across the Pacific Ocean.

Anyway, my paranoia has gone up to the point where I avoid seafood, milk, cheese and spinach. I try to avoid going out in the rain and my mind has been entertaining the thought of how my world would look after a severe fallout scenario. I keep wondering how I (or anyone fIor that matter) can function on a daily basis knowing that our world is being continuously damaged like this. Add to this GMOs, DU rounds, the risks of deep oil wells, fracking, and the floating dump out in the Pacific and I just feel numb and hopeless. Hopelessness is beyond paranoia and depression in my opinion. Lately I just go through the motions of a living
a life.
edit on 22-4-2011 by MichiganSwampBuck because: TYPO

I often feel the same, powerless, anxious, angry, sad.... and it just makes it worse when others don't seem to care and have no interest in discussing the topic. Maybe they'll start to care when the doctor tells them they have cancer. Until then just live your lives, drive your nice car, live in your nice house in the burbs, talk about God on Sunday, and make sure everything about you appears just fine. Way to many superficial, trusting dolts in America. God bless the USA.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
mmmm delicious plutonium nom nom nom

i'm completely not suprised, atsers have been speculating along the same lines for quite awhile. we should be kicking some washington ass over things like this. blatant lies that are going to cost lives. damn sheeple have no idea and don't care.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Well I spent the day laying on a beach thinking how much radiation I was getting from the not so sunny day here in england, and also the amount of nuclear fallout hitting me from the strong wing blowing, if the worlds experts had pulled together on this problem they could have sorted this out by now, all they had to do was find a way to seal up the building from the air. Since this happening in March I dont see much hope for us on this planet any more, its going to be a long painful end my friends.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
OMG!!! it is that bad??????!!
Tell me please, are the Japanese all dead yet?
No, Hmmmm.
Please get back to me after the first few die from radiation exposure.
How many have died yet?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

I couldnt have said it better myself.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Is it worse because its Fukushima Plutonium and Strontium, or because it's just plain old every day brand "X" plutonium and strontium and someone forgot to lable it ?

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
I've managed to make it a lot farther then I actually believed I would. So it's not me I worry about so much. The kids these days. They aren't going to have a crack at anything that colored ole school's life fairly well. The kids that do manage to survive ? Have nothing to survive for. They're lucky if they have parents who know half way, how to bring them up so they at least have some brains. I'm just looking at way to much for them to deal with.

I believe there is an answer but that's a different thread. Really does make a person think about, how one group
could be so willing and another group so submissive, while the rest are either oblivious or just don't give a fiddlers
f--k. Can't even say you want to lynch the right people, without a bunch pathetic bleeding hearts for humanity, jumping down you're throat. I don't believe true humanity would disreguard itself in this way. I don't like to use this word but sometimes it is absolutely appropriate.

STUPID!

SnF op! thanks for the great news. But seriously you did some research. My hats off.
edit on 23-4-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Yes radiation is bad. Yes the US (and the world) is getting more radiation than it normally would but keep in mind the Fukishima disaster was not as bad as Chernobyl. Chernobyl was by far the worst nuclear disaster and as far as I can tell Europe is still there. Half the population didnt die off. Some people will devlop cancer because of this but honestly Mcdonalds will cause more cancer than this radiation. It aint armegeddon yet.

posted on Apr, 23 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
OMG!!! it is that bad??????!!
Tell me please, are the Japanese all dead yet?
No, Hmmmm.
Please get back to me after the first few die from radiation exposure.
How many have died yet?

The fact is, radiation kills silently and slowly. It's direct exposure to deadly doses like being inside the core of a nuclear reactor that can kill from radiation poisoning where your cells all liquefy that it is most apparent.

If it's not immediate then it is in the cancers that come months, years even decades after exposure. Plutonium will kill people period. If you ingest it and are exposed to it, it nearly guarantees lethal cancers.

We are now living in a Nuclear Apocalypse as coined by the German Energy Commissioner Günther Oettinger. If all the mass animal die offs are not bad enough, nature now has to deal with concentrations of radioactive material that is accumulating in the air, water, soil and food supply for the entire planet.

Sure in 15 years you get cancer and die... who's blaming Japan and Fukushima? Who cares, you are dead. It got you.

That is the grim reality we are now all faced with. Millions if not a billion people could die from this disaster over the next 20 years.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join