It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Controversial Florida Pastor Terry Jones Goes Face to Face with Dearborn Imam

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Until Muslims over on this part of the globe can start acting like they're different from their radical counterparts, I'll continue to generalize. I met two Muslims the other day, each from different countries but with the exact same view points. And one isn't even a practicing Muslim! "Damn Christians" one says while the other nods his head.

Before I moved back to Europe, I didn't have ONE bad thing to say about Islam. It's not before I come here when I've been asked if I enjoyed the "Gift" we were given on 9/11. I was never attacked for wearing an American flag on my backpack or punched in the face for no reason while standing outside a pub with some friends by a Middle Eastern guy who didn't like the fact that me and a friend were speaking American English.

Islam is reaping what it's sewn, and that's intolerance towards their hate filled religion.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

That's because Europe is a place full of bootleg muslim leaders out to make as much money as they can off of easily impressionable youth. There is a reason that's only happened to you in EUROPE, and by FORIEGNERS on top of that. I'm African American, I love America, wouldn't live anywhere else (that is until the SHTF) so there is no reason to generalize. Generalize the idiot 'muslims' in Europe all you want to, but leave me, and the other muslims who just mind our business out of it.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I would like to ask a question. I am mealy trying not to label a group. If ALL the worlds Islamic leaders called a lesser Jihad Qital against any non muslim. would you agree or disagree? knowing that disagreeing went against what your holy leaders and representatives of god instructed.

I know for a fact that christians / catholics would turn against any christian / catholic leader who called for a war against any non believer. Granted many would join but more would not and loudly and publicly rally against such hate speech.

I ask this question because this is what i have been lead to believe and what has been shown to me through MSM. Knowing that MSM is a manipulative SOB i ask for clarity from the source instead.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

Despite what you heard, it is against Qur'anic teachings to think of an Imam or Sheikh as a representative of God. Therefore it is within my right to defy anything they say. In it's correct context, the Qur'an does not call for the murder of anybody who is not Muslim. In many places it prohibits the murder of ANY innocent person (but of course you'll never hear that one). If all the "so called" Muslim leaders called for jihad I'd be the first to call BS. Point blank it's against our teachings to wage war, cause mischief in the land, etc.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

But that's YOU. You WANT to be American, the ones moving on this side don't want to be British, Norwegian, Danish, they want to continue their Middle Eastern lives in Europe, they want their laws, their way of life to be the Number 1 method of doing things here. Our laws and ways of life be damned!

In the United States, I had friends from all types of religious and cultural/racial backgrounds. Never once did it interfere with our friendship. We weren't "White Christians hanging out with Middle Eastern Muslims", we were PEOPLE hanging out with other PEOPLE. We didn't have lines drawn in front of us like I experience here. We were just US and that was the end of it.

It's not like that here. Immigrants move here with a feeling of the host country owing them something. Unlike in the U.S. where when we immigrate, we're grateful for the opportunity.

But whatever, I'm so fed up with the "Us VS Them" mentality everyone on both sides of the debate has that I'm pretty much through with it all. Muslims in America are a different breed (for the most part) then those in Europe. Granted, there are the few good Muslim folks here, just wanting to live their lives in PEACE. But then you have so, SO many here who want this country (and many other Euro countries) to be a mini version of their homelands. And when anyone speaks out about it, they're automatically labeled a racist, ignorant or a bigot. Despite having experienced it firsthand while the others have none what so ever.

/Rant

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Before I say what I'm going to say I just wanted to clarify that I do not support nor heed Terry Jones and the following is in no way supportive of his actions or beliefs...

With that said.... I watched the interview in that video...

Imam who is supposed to be the biggest Islamic leader in the states went above and beyond completely mis-representing Islam..

He says and I quote.."If you look in the Koran there is a verse on almost every page Praising Jesus" and going as far as to depict Islam as nothing more than a denomination of Christianity.....

This is not even on the same planet as the truth... Afterward he goes on to defend Sharia law trying to paint it in a non-violent image...

You know.... Imam did not have to completely lie about Islam to silence Terry Jones... Doing so only puts him on the same level as Jones IMO.

link   

Thank you for the explanation. I hope all people of all races and religions can start thinking freely like you, I really do.

link   

Lol I AM American, it's not that I want or DON'T want to be. I've always agreed that the European Muslim community had some loose screws. It's SO much tension. It's amazing to me how The UK is on it's way downhill so quick and I agree that the Muslim population there plays a part. Nobody bothered to enstill in the Muslim youth an appreciation for the freedom to practice Islam, so they have no appreciation for the land in which they live. I was raised to appreciate the freedom of religion here in America, so I respect America for giving me, us, that freedom.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by FoxfilesMulder
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

If I hated tennis balls and bought lots of them and burnt them all...

Then a group of tennis players went out and killed people for revenge...

Am I the cause of this murder?

I hated the World Trade Centers and flew a plane into them and burnt them down.

I died doing that.

Then a group of New Yorkers/Americans went out and killed people for revenge...

Am I the cause of this murder?

I cant even believe you tried to use that to compare apples to apples here..........lol seriously........

Ya cause burning the Koran or protesting is the same as flying to planes full of passengers into two towers filled w about 3000 people...........

Not that i agree with what the pastor is doing, cause I dont at all........

But seriously proto if you think comparing those two is even CLOSE then I overestimated your intellect

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

No, the people who killed others murdered. The pastor didn't kill anyone. If the Muslims in question learned to control themselves and take criticism, no one would be dead.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head. What I find funny is the people who insist that "the Muslims" are murderers, who will destroy democracy given the chance, are exactly like the extremist Muslims who do believe that the West is evil. Both paint an entire group of people with the same brush.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

You can answer this question very easily. Google "Muslims against terror." As you said, the MSM is manipulative. They do not show you the hundreds of millions normal Muslims who simply want to live in peace.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Actually revenge killing is revenge killing, targeting the entire nation of Afghanistan for the crime of 19 Saudi Arabian Criminals as it was presented to Americans was in fact just revenge killing.

Revenge killing against people who had nothing to do with the crime.

So in reality it's no different at all than a pastor burning a Koran and everyone and anyone dying in a revenge killings beside the Pastor that burned the Koran.

Same exact type of thing.

Very much apples to apples, once you realize that Americanism is a form of religion itself promoted by the State that defines enemies of the State not based on anything that those designated enemies did to the State but simply because it's convenient and profitible for the State.

The possibility that maybe you don't want to fairly consider or contemplate that is something you might want to consider.

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

well I personally have heard many Christians say "those damn muslims" ... so that must mean Christianity is a hateful religion too.... The truth of the matter is radicalism begets radicalism... If christians actually practiced what they preached and followed in Jesus', or even Paul's for that matter, footsteps remaining peaceful even to the death... we wouldn't have this problem... If America is truly this Christian nation that all the fundies love to say it is we wouldn't be over there blowing them to smitherines... and they'd have no beef with us and we could all just get along... both sides are guilty... because they let their egos get in the way instead of taking to heart whta their great teachers were really here to say.... LOVE you bunch of morons....

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Live stream from the courtroom, 4:30 pm, 4-22-11

www.wxyz.com...

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
The jury has reached a verdict. The jury found that Jones protesting in front of the Islamic Center would be likely to incite violence. Audio from the courtroom and photos to follow. After the verdict was read, Jones had no reaction. At this time, 6:45 pm, 4-22-2011, we are waiting a second hearing regarding the bond regarding the activities for this weekend in Dearborn, Michigan.

Will edit this post shortly with the photos and audio that we recorded.

Audio 1
Audio 2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0663b65f939.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/72d1d823b37f.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29ce7c1919c5.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 22-4-2011 by billxam because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine

Personally, I am 1 out of 1.5 billion. Do you expect all 1.5 billion people to be on the same page? Personally, I've only met ONE person who was "extreme" in belief and/or practice, and he got what was coming. Stop lumping all muslims into this one group of raging, violent, angry people.

There are good Nazis too.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I live within 5 minutes of Dearborn. What was great about the people around here, my fellow Michiganders, is everybody in the community stood together, Christians, Muslims, Jews, to get this a$$hole out of our state.
All this ingrate wanted to do was incite violence at the mosque tomorrow, he probably would not have survived his protest. I know a lot of Muslims, I grew up with them in my neighborhood, they were some of the most peaceful people I know. Every religion has their extremists.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
So he wouldn't have survived the protest due to some of the most peaceful people you know.............now if that isn't telling, you must live a really bad place. Funny, if they don't get their way terrorist organizations step in and help sue ala cair etc, and the aclu does it's little number too. Yet if it's someone other than the muslims, another race, or sexual preference....they are sol. Yup, and people wonder where some of the hate comes from. Seems like a bunch of Nazis live there......or at least muzzie sympathizers.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknowsplusone
reply to post by FoxfilesMulder

Also, he is churning up hatred,

Tennis balls have no emotions.

Please stop [snip].

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 22/4/11 by argentus because: removed profanity

No, The media is churning up hatred.

Don't you see who the real instigator is? Its the media with the cameras in his face documenting every little step he makes and rubbing it in the Muslims face every 10 min. Muslims would have no clue what this nut job was doing on the other side of the planet if the media gave a damn about anything other than ratings.

I don't agree with this loon but I will defend his right to free speech. The focus should be on the out of control tactics that are being used on the population by the media. The same media here is the ones that give up troop locations and put lives at risk just to get better ratings or to win a Pulitzer. Their judgment or lack there of is pathetic and completely self serving.

If you turn off all of the cameras and stop writing down what he has to say, he would fade back into obscurity never to be heard from again.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join