It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trash Votes...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
How about we make an improvement to the voting for threads forum.

Lets make it possible for ATS to have a Trash voting system. If the thread is trash voted enough times without a certain percentage being flags, then it gets sent to the dumpster as uninformative. Then lets set the flag number low so that we are not being taken over by non real people, or people who want to shut people out.

I'm sure there is room for improvement.

Oh lets also lose points for trash threads. So that we have more quality input.
edit on 22-4-2011 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I think your idea is well thought out but, the mods in my opinion do a pretty good job of trashing the trash

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
It is really a very good idea.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I think it would also have to have a counter-trash system. Let's say the topic is something that divides the members of ATS. I notice many political matters are so divided here on ATS, it would be easy to trash a perfectly good topic and post. Then again...lets say someone posts something really cool in the Aliens section and it makes it to the front page. Most of the people here don't like Alien topics so they trash it.

You would then have to setup a structure that ensured less popular topics weren't trashed based on their content. Then you would need to have a moderator come in and make sure something was worth while before trashing it. Which basically the system we have in place today.

Where's the trash button now?
j/k

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by intelinside451

Thats why we impliment a flagging system. With x amount of flags the thread cannot be trashed. This would give people reason to flag, and or trash more often and encourage people to sign up for accounts.

Think marketing ATS.

new topics

top topics

join