It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muse-Uprising...the messages are out there

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I felt that this message belonged in the NWO forums, but if the mods decide to move it, that would be acceptable.

I have listened to Muse for awhile now, and love most of their songs. But recently I began to notice what their song Uprising really talks about.

The paranoia is in bloom, the PR
Transmissions will resume, they'll try to
Push drugs, keep us all dumb down and hope that
We will never see the truth around

Plays perfectly into what the NWO is doing to us now. All of these pharmaceutical companies and doctors try to drug people for many common ailments that could be fixed with simple diet changes, with pills that usually cause more harm than good. A drug that limits your mental facilities would be pretty useful if you are trying to hide the truth from the masses....

Rise up and take the power back, it's time that
The fat cats had a heart attack, you know that
Their time is coming to an end, we have to
Unify and watch our flag ascend, so come on

The masses do need to band together and wrest control of our lives away from the "fat cats" at the top. These people control what we see in the media, what people learn in schools, and the laws that we all have to abide by. People are beginning to wake up, I've been noticing it for the last couple of years. I think their time really is coming to an end, but they won't go peacefully.

Too bad songs with messages like this aren't more mainstream. Instead, Gaga and Rihanna get the most hits, pushing their filth and sexuality, warping the minds of the young.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TripleSalCal

1.)Make song about a known subject
2.)Get it mainstream
3.)????
4.)Profit

They are pretty mainstream since any alternative/pop station plays them at least every hour. But yes not as overkilled as lady gaga or rhiana.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I love Muse and people believe Matthew Bellamy puts secret messages in the lyrics.

Take the song Exo Politics and it's chorus

"When the Zetas fill the skies
Will our leaders tell us why
Fully loaded satellites
Will conquer nothing but our minds"

I think Muse is a little more then Radio Heads cousin.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
There is a guy I love his music. Most of his songs are dealing with issues today and I like his style. Only on internet Neal Fox. His site is wireduck.com. You can download free some stuff and listen to most. One of his latest is F**k the Fed.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Boston1023

You must get some great stations where you are, I hear about one Muse song a week here in Missouri.

But still, the message is what is important here. They aren't making songs about sex and disrespecting others, but more about fighting the elites and propaganda that they spew. And to me, that is an important message to spread.

I'd rather have that message be the mainstream, even if it makes the artist some profits.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   

ya know that is true i never thought of it that way. i hate the mainstream but muse is way better than well everything on the radio. the only reason i hate work is because i have to listen to the radio all day and hear the same songs. but if it was spreading this message maybe people would wake up

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
I like Muse because he tries to spread awareness, but people dont see it, instead all they see or hear is beats and drums.

Here is another from muse, notice the suits and the military.

could the notes be our rights?

hence the

"I wont let you bury it" words from the chorus.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
These guys have "hidden messages" in their songs too .

I feel like I just took a trip back to the year 2000 there for a second

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
There are a few threads about Muse on here already... On the VMA's i believe when the lyric "they will not control us" was sung he Literally stopped "strumming" and made the Illuminati symbol over his eye.

I could imagine that he could be on here, or on other anti-fascism sites haha

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
My guess is that they have taken a love for science fiction and combined it with political upheavals, and came up with a money making machine that sells many many tickets and lots of CD's and memorabilia, it's their niche. What better way to reach fans than to create them first by catching the attention of the masses using political unrest and combining it with science fiction? Just what the youth want to hear.

Kinda like when the Beatles were telling us secrets, like Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds ('___')

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Can't say as I like Muse and there music that much and they are pretty mainstream here in england. We had that Time Is Running Out song forced down our throats on the radio here when it was 1st released. I can't stand to hear it now because I'm over familiar with it. Cool video though.

What they are saying here is nothing new and far from "hidden"

Check this out from 1990 for instance. It is not exacly calling for an uprising but the point is clear for all to see.

Killing Joke: Age Of Greed

www.youtube.com...

(Not sure if I have done that right? I'm new around here, how do you embed?)

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
A lot of Muse songs relate to conspiracies et al, I've been a fan for years, back when they were still smashing things up on stage

I actually just got 'No one's going to take me alive' from Knights of Cydonia tattooed on my arm not more than an hour ago!!

Matt, Dom and Chris are incredibly talented, and pretty much have the perfect podium to help spread awareness of the dodgy goings on that so many people are completely ignorant of.

May they continue to rock the pants off many of us!

Peace out

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Thats very true Jimbowsk. That I can respect them for. They have a platform to reach a lot of people and are spreading a worthwhile message, unlike the Lady Gagas of the world.

posted on Apr, 22 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by aleintripod

True, it isn't hidden. And that's what I like about it. No secret messages, or playing the track backwards, but right out in the open.

Thanks for all the post guys, lot of different bands to listen to when I get home. Looks like I'll be busy

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

I'm going to write a children's book about about conspiracy theories so I can get this much attention about how great I am for bringing conspiracy theories to our children to make money. Conspiracy theories.

On a side note, I like Muse. Conspiracy theory

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I too love Muse, Uprising in particular is one of my fav's. As a matter of fact James Durban covered it just this past week on American Idol and boy did he ever do it well.

As for hidden message, I don't think it's hidden. I believe his lyrics are what is being covered daily in the media. Egypt, Syria and Libya for example could all be singing this song as their new Anthem.

also by Muse themselves..

edit on 24/4/11 by Rhain because: dang proofreaditis

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
oh noez they talk about NWO they must know about NWO.
oh noez Maynard James Keenan wrote about NWO and sang it blatantly he must know Illuminateez

listen at around 3:18 he says "Swinging to the rhythm of the New World Order and counting bodies like sheep to the rhythm of the wardrums"

i can create another thread about MJK and his music about NWO but i won't since ATS has enough of that and i don't wanna add to the garbage...

srsly? is this what ATS is for? for cherry picking music that talks about conspiracy no matter how little?

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
wow that american idol performance is HORRIBLE, way to ruin a good song and obviously not actually express emotion while performing it.

A lot of groups are political though, RAGE has to be the biggest, but i believe that Muse is getting larger now. Anyone can write and sing it.. but to do it very well takes true talent. I always got into arguments with my ex about political BS, and then she would sing along and think that there music was awesome yet was oblivious to what they were singing about.

posted on Apr, 24 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrcheezel
wow that american idol performance is HORRIBLE, way to ruin a good song and obviously not actually express emotion while performing it.

Ha! Remember that that was a LIVE performance and you're used to listening to the studio-recorded version.

I thought he did a great job, and it was full of emotion, especially when he skipped an octave on the verse. Durbin's studio-version of Uprising is something I'm looking forward to. It gives me chills, where Muse doesn't. I guess to each his or her own, eh?

Great song, great band.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Muse are to run with the Olympic torch later today.

Yeah, way to fight the power.
Don't let this band fool you.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join